Country Side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spahr View Post
    Hey guys, just thought id share the latest news.

Out with the old in with the new. We have completely remade all the grass, weeds, added flowers as well.

And more importantly, we redid the trees. Before we had 8 different trees that were just different species. Now we have those same 8 species, but with 5 variations each. So if my maths are correct, thats 32 more trees!!! The values! Heres the latest WIP assets. (i have to share a link because the image is too large to imbed. If it doesnt load right away, refresh your page, it should work)

We listened to the feedback from the community, and one thing people said was they were a bit underwhelmed by the quantity. So we didnt just want to take that lesson learned and just apply it to our new packs, but apply it to our existing packs as well. The other piece we have from feedback(Mostly from Alaan haha) is the quality just isnt up to the standards of UE4. We have remade some of the textures, and like I said, completely redone the models to be at a much higher standard. Im really excited to get this in your hands and hear your thoughts

We are juggling a million things at once here, so please be patient. I am currently looking at the Epics Kite Demo and really dissecting that and seeing what we can apply to our pack. So its not quite ready, but I thought I would share our latest WIPs for the community to see.

Thank you guys for your support and feedback!!!
    This pack was the first I ever bought. It was fairly middling after I opened it against some of the other nature packs. I think your service and this update will greatly lift it, and really keep me looking at your future work. Will these new trees have wind effect?

Keep up the good work.

Comment

Originally posted by Iller View Post
      Will these new trees have wind effect?
      Thats one of the things im testing right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Spahr View Post
        Hey guys, just thought id share the latest news.

Out with the old in with the new. We have completely remade all the grass, weeds, added flowers as well.

And more importantly, we redid the trees. Before we had 8 different trees that were just different species. Now we have those same 8 species, but with 5 variations each. So if my maths are correct, thats 32 more trees!!! The values! Heres the latest WIP assets. (i have to share a link because the image is too large to imbed. If it doesnt load right away, refresh your page, it should work)

We listened to the feedback from the community, and one thing people said was they were a bit underwhelmed by the quantity. So we didnt just want to take that lesson learned and just apply it to our new packs, but apply it to our existing packs as well. The other piece we have from feedback(Mostly from Alaan haha) is the quality just isnt up to the standards of UE4. We have remade some of the textures, and like I said, completely redone the models to be at a much higher standard. Im really excited to get this in your hands and hear your thoughts

We are juggling a million things at once here, so please be patient. I am currently looking at the Epics Kite Demo and really dissecting that and seeing what we can apply to our pack. So its not quite ready, but I thought I would share our latest WIPs for the community to see.

Thank you guys for your support and feedback!!!
        Hey thanks so much listening to the community! Looking forward to the update

Comment

Hey everyone!

Here's a quick sneak peek at some WIP updates we're making to Countryside V2.0

As Spahr was saying, this is our FIRST EVER pack and we were learning a lot about the marketplace and the engine. We admit it didn't look great BUT we're here to listen and improve. We hope the new look satisfies all the existing customers and brings in some new ones

Please leave us a comment about what you think!
          Attached Files
          Last edited by PolyPixel3D; 07-09-2015, 09:06 PM.
          Check out our products on the Unreal Marketplace: Click here

Come visit our Official Website for our documentation, support, and freebies!

Like us on our Facebook Fan Page to get the latest news & updates

Comment

A few more screenshots

Comment

Looks great when will it be released?

Comment

We are just running a bit of testing/polish/optimization on it still. My guesstimate would be not next week, but early the week after we will submit it to Epic. Weve had updates take as little as a day, as long as 3 weeks on their end.

Comment

very cool your upgrade !
                  i am thinking seriously to buy it... i like your after screenshot

Comment

Originally posted by Jago138 View Post
                    very cool your upgrade !
                    i am thinking seriously to buy it... i like your after screenshot
                    thank you! will have a new video showing off some new assets very soon

Comment

Heres our latest breakdown of the latest Country Side update. The files have been sent off to Epic, so it should be up any day now. It was a bit of an overhaul on the entire pack, so if you were using the old stuff, dont worry, we didnt delete anything. A lot of the newer stuff is brand new assets, and we put the older assets off into a legacy folder.

https://youtu.be/eOnPZ5dCIc4

Comment

Couldn't help but notice that you guys made no mention of the building dominating the background. Was dying to hear you say you had made it modular like the country cabin piece you're working on. Is it still a prefab or has there also been some work done on it?
                        twitter: @NaveedHIQ

Comment

Originally posted by howelaw View Post
                          Looks great when will it be released?
                          It's been submitted to the marketplace for review. Should be updated shortly

Comment

Here's a package breakdown to show what's new and how things work in the pack

A short promotional video

Enjoy!

Comment

This is definitely not an AAA asset pack. Maybe it was in 2008 but, for today's standards, the models are poor. I am glad I bought it in the sale. The tree wind on most of the trees is terrible and the leaves seem to spin one way then back the other way, in a very short cycle, that isn't obvious from the video.
                              The textures on the tree bark are actually quite laughable to say this is advertised as an AAA asset pack, I see that it isn't referred to as AAA in most of the places it is advertised now but it was originally.
                              A few more things... the stone walls have very bad seams, the water is poor and the landscape textures have no set up for hiding the tiling effect. Maybe this pack would be ok for mobiles.
                              I was really looking forward to the medieval village pack but I will need some evidence that the close up quality is better than this.

Also, why are there no comments allowed on the marketplace? I have bought a few things off the marketplace now and I must say, I have been very disappointed with the quality.
                              I bought a materials pack which was nothing more than a blueprint for making tessellated materials, the textures were unusable. I also bought another nature based pack which was very amateur in style and quality.

I am always too nice on forums and try and find a roundabout way of signalling my disappointment, well I have just broken the mould.

Comment

Can you walk into the cabin?

Comment

Working...
                                X