Blueprint Inventory System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ajbombadill View Post
    Ok, so it is obvious you do not check the forums regularly, but you have no web site and no email address, this is not very good support. I am having to abandon your product, and will be requesting a refund.
    the system as given "selects" the item in front of the camera (the crosshair). What changes did you try?
    I have given my email address and sorry for not replying here, for some reason I don't get notifications for this thread... (I will be resubscribing just in case there was an issue with that..)

Originally posted by skeeta92 View Post
    Ok so for some strange reason when i run this system in a test map dedicated and not dedicated it works fine. Then i created a map for my game and when i run this system again i run into these issues. I am not sure why this is going on but hopefully you guys can help me. I am using 4.16
    https://youtu.be/iTUhM3GIS5Y
    Huh, that's quite strange. So it does not work on a dedicated server on your map? But on a non-dedicated server it's fine? Are you using the controller/character provided? You must use them at least as a parent since all the logic is there. Check it in the game mode.. (but I guess that would be a problem in both dedicated and non-dedicated server, but just double check to be sure..?)
    The placeholder variables don't seem to be populated.. Could there be something else on your map that could cause this?
    Check my User Interface Kit here: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Interface-Kit
    A WIP Hex Planet Generation: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ral-Generation

Comment

Originally posted by Semitable View Post
      the system as given "selects" the item in front of the camera (the crosshair). What changes did you try?
      I have given my email address and sorry for not replying here, for some reason I don't get notifications for this thread... (I will be resubscribing just in case there was an issue with that..)

Huh, that's quite strange. So it does not work on a dedicated server on your map? But on a non-dedicated server it's fine? Are you using the controller/character provided? You must use them at least as a parent since all the logic is there. Check it in the game mode.. (but I guess that would be a problem in both dedicated and non-dedicated server, but just double check to be sure..?)
      The placeholder variables don't seem to be populated.. Could there be something else on your map that could cause this?
      Its strange. What could cause it on the map. Like it works on the Test map but not the map i created. On both dedicated and non dedicated it works fine on test map but on my map. Only non dedicated.

Update:
      Ok so i created a new map it works on the default 1 plane map. Then all i have done was copied the landscape over from the old map and the error came back.. Do you have skype? Or team viewer where we can try to solve this issue together? PM me please?

Update:
      So on the server it shows the items just not the client

Update:
      So i migrated a afresh copy of the inventory system and using the inventory system game mode...same issue.
      Last edited by skeetaseasonTV; 05-30-2017, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Has anyone experience problems with this in 4.16?

Comment

I'm experiencing problems trying to add the system to my existing project. I understand what the designer is trying to do, but its not implemented well. I think that if the designer would have created this plugin as something you can add to a project automatically, instead of creating the project and then pulling the info over, this might have been implemented better.

Comment

Working...
          X