Time of Day editor/runtime plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I would be interested, If you are really going to tackle this, you should look at this and implement these options as well, time cycle, weather and firing events based on time a weather variable.

Take look, Unistorm- https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/2714

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I updated repo on github. But I had yet again make some changes to engine to get it working.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Since there is still no info, when code plugins will be allowed (??) I have started working also on other plugins.

I'm surely going to finish this one, so no worries.

If you are interested in progress you can always watch my github repo, since everytime I make some changes I push code to github, which might sometimes break old code and no longer compile or something (;.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    There are some news?

Edit: I can download it from github, but how i can install it?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    First Pass on editor:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by HeadClot View Post
    Just curious - Will the clouds in the next version be volumetric?

Just curious here
    They are just particle systems.
    I try to keep them simple (;.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just curious - Will the clouds in the next version be volumetric?

Just curious here

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by X.E.R.T. View Post
    Looking forward to seeing more progress on this, I have one question and I don't know if your system will help in this area. I think blueprints would be the way to go but I will ask anyways. How simple/complex would it be to have day time mesh/ night time mesh switch during gameplay. Example would be a lamp post, how hard would it be to link it to your time of day system so when the sun drops the new lamp post with nigh time emmissive map spawns in place of the day time mesh?
    In my case you will need to reference TOD Actor from level in your blueprint, and bind OnSunset.

Or you can check for current hour and then fire event.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Looking forward to seeing more progress on this, I have one question and I don't know if your system will help in this area. I think blueprints would be the way to go but I will ask anyways. How simple/complex would it be to have day time mesh/ night time mesh switch during gameplay. Example would be a lamp post, how hard would it be to link it to your time of day system so when the sun drops the new lamp post with nigh time emmissive map spawns in place of the day time mesh?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Zooch View Post
    Can't really give you a good estimate of how much I'd pay without seeing it myself. It's one thing to build the functionality but quite another to make it look polished and sexy. Would you be including an actual sun and moon mesh, since you aren't using a skybox?
    Thanks. You gave me idea about how to solve the moon problem.. I haven't thought about using static mesh before.

Well currently I'm using simple sphere, without even texture mapped.

I also replaced sun from atmospheric fog, with static mesh. As the atmospheric sun looks kind of ****.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Small thing before I go sleep. Clouds prototype I have been working on:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Zooch View Post
    Can't really give you a good estimate of how much I'd pay without seeing it myself. It's one thing to build the functionality but quite another to make it look polished and sexy. Would you be including an actual sun and moon mesh, since you aren't using a skybox?
    You dont need a mesh for the sun when you use Atmospheric Fog.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    thanks for the info

I didn't try to manipulate the materials from C++, I haven't even gone that far to know how to do it. the skybox BP has a function to update the material but after some digging I found that sadly you can't call a BP-only function from C++ because it doesn't exist at compile time. therefore what I did was to update the skybox via the blueprint Tick of my WorldTimeActor.
    I'm not sure yet if I'll use the skybox though. the sun disc is good but I don't like the clouds or the stars. so what do you use for the sun disc? it comes from the AtmosphericFog?

multiplayer was also not too hard to do and it proved a good resource for learning. it allowed me to learn how to replicate on NetInitial and let the clients keep running their simulated version, so essentially when a new player joins the game he gets the "current" time of the day from the server and simulates from that point onwards... unless the server decides to change the current time (so it gets sent to clients again)
    let me know if you need any info on this

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I don't use skybox for sun. For day I use only Atmospheric Fog, and sun from it. This sun doesn't look good half of the time, but it's something can be fixed for everyone benefit .

Did you tried to manipulate material parameters directly from C++, for skybox ?

Multiplayer - of course. I need that as well (;.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X