Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Modular SciFi Series - Polaris Colony Released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon, is there scope to have the desk drawer roll out? (Is it static or moveable?)

Great work, as ever.
    I'm @londonisunreal, the organiser of the London Unreal Engine Meetup group.

Comment

Originally posted by macoll View Post
      Yeah!... that looks cool, kinda 'SciFi ArchiVis'
      Thanks Oliver! =)

Originally posted by Jezcentral View Post
      Jon, is there scope to have the desk drawer roll out? (Is it static or moveable?)

Great work, as ever.
      Hey Jezcentral, thanks! The drawers are static in so far as not being able to open them in the editor. But it has been modeled to accommodate animation should someone choose to do so after opening the fbx. Does that answer your question?

Click image for larger version

Name:	WIP_107.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	402.4 KB
ID:	1098489

Caldera Entertainment | Twitter | ArtStation

Comment

I love your attention to detail, reminds me of the work that CIG puts into Star Citizen. Are you still planning on doing an outside environment? I've been looking forward to them.

Comment

Originally posted by SE_JonF View Post
          Hey Jezcentral, thanks! The drawers are static in so far as not being able to open them in the editor. But it has been modeled to accommodate animation should someone choose to do so after opening the fbx. Does that answer your question?
          Just to confirm, the image in your answer is of a desk with a separate drawer. If this is what you provide, then it can be slid open in the same way a door can open within a door frame in UE. Can this be done with all the drawers? (Sorry, I'm no modeller, so I won't be cutting up your stuff later ).
          Last edited by Jezcentral; 01-13-2016, 12:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MuchToLearn View Post
            I love your attention to detail, reminds me of the work that CIG puts into Star Citizen. Are you still planning on doing an outside environment? I've been looking forward to them.
            Hey MuchToLearn! Thanks, that's high praise being compared to that game! I am still planning to do the exterior environment. Right now it's still in the concept and planning phase. From the looks of it, it'll probably be the biggest pack in the collection. There's so many cool things I want to do with it. I'm hoping to begin full production on it sometime this year. =)

Just to confirm, the image in your answer is of a desk with a separate drawer. If this is what you provide, then it can be slid open in the same way a door can open within a door frame in UE. Can this be done with all the drawers? (Sorry, I'm no modeller, so I won't be cutting up your stuff later ).
            I've been trying to figure out the best way to do this. I figured people who wanted to modify it could use their preferential modeling package and adjust the individual drawers. My biggest concern though is for people like you, who don't model.

This brings me to option 2: I could provide a separate drawer mesh in UE4, along with empty desk variants. The only thing I have to figure out is how to get them to line up properly. I'm assuming this can be done with vertex snapping, in which case this would be the best option. And yes, all of the drawers for the desks and standalone furniture can be opened. =)

To sum it up, the previous images that show drawers are one object. But I will be providing a separate drawer mesh and hollow furniture variants for those who want to have open-able drawers. I hope that answers your question. =)

Comment

Progressing. Almost at the finish line. =)

Name:	WIP_108.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	780.4 KB
ID:	1098599

Name:	WIP_109.jpg
Size:	654.6 KB
ID:	1098600
              Last edited by SE_JonF; 01-15-2016, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SE_JonF View Post
                To sum it up, the previous images that show drawers are one object. But I will be providing a separate drawer mesh and hollow furniture variants for those who want to have open-able drawers. I hope that answers your question. =)
                Yes, it does. Very kind of you.

Comment

Yes, it does. Very kind of you.
                  Happy to assist! Let me know if you have any further questions. =)

Comment

You are having way too much over there creating this pack.. It's looking incredible, can't wait to see it finished
                    Ironbelly Studios- Your External UE4 Development Partner: AAA Quality Services at Indie Prices
                    Request a quote today:
                    https://ironbellystudios.com
                    Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/ironbellystudios

Comment

Originally posted by Ironbelly View Post
                      You are having way too much over there creating this pack.. It's looking incredible, can't wait to see it finished
                      Thanks Ironbelly! I've long been an admirer of your work. =)

Comment

wow it's amazing!! great work!
                        Shotgundev.com | Hospital modular environment | UH- 60 Black Hawk helicopter | WIP Helicopter EH-101| Industrial area Hangar

Comment

Originally posted by vegaart View Post
                          wow it's amazing!! great work!
                          Hey Vegaart, thanks! =)

Comment

Greetings everyone!

I'm excited to announce that work on the first props pack is complete! I just need to prep it for submission, which shouldn't take longer than a day or so. I'll be writing a detailed post for the pack soon. Until then, here are some more screens!

Name:	WIP_110.jpg
Size:	704.2 KB
ID:	1098722

Name:	WIP_111.jpg
Size:	761.4 KB
ID:	1098723

Name:	WIP_112.jpg
Size:	725.1 KB
ID:	1098724

Name:	WIP_113.jpg
Size:	633.7 KB
ID:	1098725

Name:	WIP_114.jpg
Size:	659.5 KB
ID:	1098726

For those who may want to use the assets for a more modern look:

Name:	WIP_115.jpg
Size:	711.8 KB
ID:	1098733

Name:	WIP_116.jpg
Size:	862.3 KB
ID:	1098734

Name:	WIP_117.jpg
Size:	657.1 KB
ID:	1098735
                            Last edited by SE_JonF; 01-18-2016, 04:19 AM.

Comment

Here are some examples of how you can design the floors. Whether it's through your preferential mixture of meshes, or materials - personalize your assets!

Name:	WIP_118.jpg
Size:	635.7 KB
ID:	1098797

Name:	WIP_119.jpg
Size:	654.7 KB
ID:	1098798

Name:	WIP_120.jpg
Size:	637.2 KB
ID:	1098799

Comment

Modular SciFi: Props I has been submitted. Check out the official thread here!

Comment

Working...
                                X