Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Modular SciFi Series - Polaris Colony Released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sure no problem,

I could try to give you a long winded explanation that you may still need me to elaborate on some more or I can just post a pic. I’m going to go for the latter. Mind you I just had the bicep on my dominant hand reattached last week so the pic is the best I can do at the moment.

Click image for larger version

Name:	r7pDR80.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	226.0 KB
ID:	1097395

For both examples the flow of the floor or ceiling textures should ideally follow the curve. Here is a picture of what I cobbled together to make a corner piece without an angle.

Name:	2015-12-21.jpg
Size:	194.8 KB
ID:	1097396

However, to achieve this I had to combine almost 30 meshes which hits the fps a little too much and lets not mention the epic texture battles being had...

Any way glad to hear about the possibilities of more parts to play with.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your bicep, I hope your recovery is swift!

I really appreciate the feedback. Currently you can create T or + hallways. I figured people would use the doors themselves to create an L, or corner, but I can see the desire for regular walls. I can most likely address that in a future update with some additional pieces. I already have one planned for early next year that I will try to slip this into. As for the angled/elbowed hallways I will have to see if I can implement that into the existing design. Again, thank you for this valuable feedback. =)

Project Reverie Game | SEJonF.com | Twitter | ArtStation | WIP | UE4 SciFi Assets - Season 1 & Season 2 Discount Bundles Free Asset Demo | Ice Shader

Comment

Thanks for the reply and no worries, my bicep is healing quite a bit faster than anticipated.

I almost see no need for you to add any of the extra items to any of your current sets, as I think your current sets stand on their own quite well, maybe add a hallways extras pack… I would buy it.

One more question, do you have any triangle pieces planed? Thought about the angled/elbow request and realized that if I had 2 large triangular pieces to shift the angle to 45 degrees than that would as well and reduce mesh count. Also that may be much easier to incorporate into the feel of your sets then adding curves. Also with the addition of triangles we could make hexagons and Octagons which would increase the usability of your sets extensively (well for my project anyway).

Keep up the awesome work.

Happy Holidays

Comment

Good to hear!

If I can fit some of them in there, I will. I was already planning another small expansion for early next year. If not, there are alternatives. =)

Not currently, but I'll mark that down as well. Trying to accommodate a multitude of layouts is what I'm trying to achieve, so I really appreciate you giving me feedback on things you see that would be beneficial to how you use the assets. I'll be looking for ways to incorporate it in the future.

Thanks again, and Happy Holidays to you as well!

Project Reverie Game | SEJonF.com | Twitter | ArtStation | WIP | UE4 SciFi Assets - Season 1 & Season 2 Discount Bundles Free Asset Demo | Ice Shader

Comment

Hey everyone!

I wanted to get in another update before the end of the year. Getting very close to finishing off this props pack. There's still so much I haven't shown yet! This particular prop is based on a suggestion from BardicKnowledge earlier in the thread. The pictures below demonstrate some of the customization of the device, as well as it's screen. I'll let them speak for themselves. Enjoy the rest of your 2015!

Hand Scanner

For that extra layer of security. When access cards and keypads may not be enough.

Name:	WIP_80.jpg
Size:	423.1 KB
ID:	1097591

Name:	WIP_81.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	411.8 KB
ID:	1097592

Name:	WIP_82.jpg
Size:	486.7 KB
ID:	1097593

Name:	WIP_83.jpg
Size:	302.5 KB
ID:	1097594

Name:	WIP_84.jpg
Size:	351.8 KB
ID:	1097595

Name:	WIP_85.jpg
Size:	281.3 KB
ID:	1097596

Name:	WIP_86.jpg
Size:	263.6 KB
ID:	1097597

Name:	WIP_87.jpg
Size:	260.6 KB
ID:	1097598

Comment

Greetings everyone, and Happy New Year!

Here is another preview of some of the assets in the upcoming props pack. I'm currently in development of the last set of assets, and then the pack will be ready for submission! Until then, here are some more images of new props that you can populate your levels with.

Included below are:

Vents
              Eye Drops
              Smoke Detector
              Fire Sprinkler
              Temperature Control Panel

Name:	WIP_88.jpg
Size:	294.3 KB
ID:	1097976

Name:	WIP_89.jpg
Size:	294.1 KB
ID:	1097977

Name:	WIP_90.jpg
Size:	440.0 KB
ID:	1097978

Name:	WIP_91.jpg
Size:	331.1 KB
ID:	1097979

Name:	WIP_92.jpg
Size:	277.4 KB
ID:	1097980

Name:	WIP_93.jpg
Size:	356.5 KB
ID:	1097981

Name:	WIP_94.jpg
Size:	286.5 KB
ID:	1097982

Name:	WIP_95.jpg
Size:	340.8 KB
ID:	1097983

Name:	WIP_96.jpg
Size:	306.2 KB
ID:	1097984

Name:	WIP_97.jpg
Size:	337.2 KB
ID:	1097985

Name:	WIP_98.jpg
Size:	281.0 KB
ID:	1097986

Name:	WIP_99.jpg
Size:	350.4 KB
ID:	1097987

Comment

Originally posted by SaviorNT View Post
                Hi Jon,

Was wondering if you have planned themed rooms, such as "Reactor-room", Navigation, CIC, etc..
                Hey SaviorNT!

Indeed, I do have plans for more focused thematic packs that will be a mixture of both architecture and props. Things as you mentioned like command centers, reactors, cargo holds, etc. They will be designed to work seamlessly with all of the other packs in the collection. Let me know if you have any more questions! =)

Comment

Looks very detailled, gg
                  Linkedin | ArtStation | -SCIFI 'PROPS' PACK- | -SCIFI 'POPULATE' PACK- | Shooter Game Tutorial | StarDrop

Comment

Originally posted by SaviorNT View Post
                    Sweet, I look forward to em
                    Thanks! As do I. =)

Originally posted by macoll View Post
                    Looks very detailled, gg
                    Hey Olivier, thanks! =)

Comment

Greetings everyone!

Here is another preview of the assets that will be available in the upcoming pack. I'm very close to wrapping it all up, more on that soon!

Name:	WIP_100.jpg
Size:	434.6 KB
ID:	1098223

Name:	WIP_101.jpg
Size:	301.2 KB
ID:	1098224

Name:	WIP_102.jpg
Size:	334.1 KB
ID:	1098225

Comment

Name:	ModularityExample.jpg
Size:	854.0 KB
ID:	1098378

More to share soon!

Comment

Greetings everyone!

I'm excited to be able to show off some of the early designs for this. While this is a props pack, I felt it would be a good idea to add some architecture that would be more appropriate for some of the props in the pack. I wanted to provide simpler architecture, something that could accommodate a room full of desks or shelves even more than the existing pieces in the collection all while fitting seamlessly with the established design. This is one of the reasons development on the pack took a little longer than I initially intended. The architecture uses the same "blueprint" (not in unreal terms, but placement) so to speak as the Interiors package. So the floors, walls, etc. are interchangeable with those which is awesome, and in sync with what I'm aiming to achieve with this collection.

I also applied feedback regarding architectural paint and kept it minimal to none, that way custom decals can be used to apply paintings rather than implementing them through the texture. Keep in mind though, the images below are concept and do not contain textures at all. I'll have more to share very soon, keep your eyes on the thread! =)

Name:	WIP_103.jpg
Size:	795.5 KB
ID:	1098440

Name:	WIP_104.jpg
Size:	742.7 KB
ID:	1098441

Name:	WIP_105.jpg
Size:	675.7 KB
ID:	1098442

Name:	WIP_106.jpg
Size:	764.4 KB
ID:	1098443

Comment

Yeah!... that looks cool, kinda 'SciFi ArchiVis'
                            Linkedin | ArtStation | -SCIFI 'PROPS' PACK- | -SCIFI 'POPULATE' PACK- | Shooter Game Tutorial | StarDrop

Comment

Working...
                            X