Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Modular SciFi Series - Polaris Colony Released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slavical View Post

Well the idea is to be able to traverse throughout the colony without ever going outside - thus I can't rely on catwalks much. That's why an interior door within the transitions would be awesome; or some kind of interior stairway and/or elevator system. I won't lie, I really like the cat walks and they do provide a way to navigate though the colony in areas that make since - such as the colony entrance, some sort of cargo/supply area that would need outside connection. However, a good sized colony with many people would have everything pressurized, and the colonists would be very upset if the only way to enter a second or third floor would be to leave a pressurized cabin and take the catwalks outside. Does that kinda make sense?

But I will be looking forward to those doors, and seeing what you come up with

I actually like the separate floor mesh better because it allows for modularity (just made up a word). Some rooms could be flushed while others would need steps, and that decision would be based upon the user.

And I will be patience as need be buddy. Great work doesn't come in a day.

Also.......this place needs a dome. Like a big, glass dome. And goal posts. Big yellow goal posts. And it needs to be 100 yards with a giant logo in the center, like at the 50 yard line. Hmmm...maybe not all of that but the giant dome for sure. Would definitely break up the monotony of square buildings within the colony.
    Could have sworn I replied to this a few days ago, strange. o.0

Yeah I understand what you mean. When I made the colony pack it was with the idea of it being an earth like planet where you could walk outside. For the most part the entirety of the colony can be traversed without going outside, unless you're heading to another floor which is where the future stairwell and/or elevator will come in. A door shaped transitional environment is also something I'll add as mentioned above. =)

Yeah exactly, I think the separate piece would work better for the reason you stated. I'll have to see when I can do that, but it's definitely on my list of things to get to before the end of the year!

Haha I was actually thinking about doing some sort of dome shield, either for protection or to simulate a walled off oxygen environment where people could walk outside freely if the colony happens to be on a harsher planet. Keep an eye out. =P

As far as building shapes, I plan to add a variety for sure. There's plenty more architecture and structures on the way. =)

Simulacrum Game | Play The Alpha | Caldera Entertainment | Twitter | ArtStation

Comment

Here's the textured crate. Will be working on the interior version next and then it's a matter of putting the finishing touches/polish on this pack. =)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Crate_5.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	549.5 KB
ID:	1527160Click image for larger version

Name:	Crate_6.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	491.2 KB
ID:	1527161Click image for larger version

Name:	Crate_7.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	530.0 KB
ID:	1527162

Comment

Here's the polished crate and a showcase of the different variations. There's fully enclosed, 2 open variants (different depths), supplies and the lid. Really happy with how this asset came out. Check out more screens here! =)

Comment

Modular SciFi: Polaris Defense has been submitted! More details and screens to follow soon. =)

Comment

Originally posted by SE_JonF View Post
            Modular SciFi: Polaris Defense has been submitted! More details and screens to follow soon. =)
            Awesome! Looking forward to seeing it in the marketplace. Also, how can I make the materials not as...shiny and reflective?

Comment

Awesome! Looking forward to seeing it in the marketplace. Also, how can I make the materials not as...shiny and reflective?
              Thanks! Hopefully it will be before the end of the month. =)

Increasing the roughness of the material will make it less reflective/shiny. Also be sure to remove any reflection captures that may be in the scene, and/or screen space reflections in post processing.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	Sale_Sept2018_JPG.jpg Views:	2 Size:	124.1 KB ID:	1532210

Majestic Fantasy & Engineer Interiors now on sale through the 30th!

Comment

Modular SciFi: Polaris Defense is AVAILABLE NOW on the Marketplace! Check it out HERE!

View more screenshots on ArtStation HERE!

Comment

Looking forward to more structures and all the stuff you mentioned. I also agree that having a pressure control room/segment is needed and basically all that was discussed. I've been planning a surface mission for my game and this already is a huge addition. Will also be waiting patiently (Maybe a little less so :P ) for new updates and stuffs. Keep up the awesome work, oh, and to illustrate how versatile your stuff actually is (once again), I'll shamelessly show off another area of my game mainly using your Modular SciFi Command Center pack.

Click image for larger version  Name:	SD_Aryn_BG_01_1080P.jpg Views:	2 Size:	238.0 KB ID:	1548154
                    If I haven't made it clear by now, anyone who's into making a SciFi game, Jon's packs are perfect!

Comment

I will be working to ensure 4.21 compatibility for all products. Stay tuned!

Joure Thanks for sharing, I love seeing how the packs are used and you never disappoint. Keep up the great work on StarDrop! =)

Comment

All products are marked for 4.21 compatibility!

Comment

Hey Jon,

Anything new coming through the pipeline?

Comment

Hey Jon,

Anything new coming through the pipeline?

Hey Slavical!

Yes, I still have things planned to come. Having put out about 4 products this year I figured it'd be best to space things out a bit more rather than having things released too closely. The next product will be in 2019. In the meantime I'm also working on something that hasn't been announced yet. =)

Is there anything in particular you're looking for next?

Comment

Originally posted by SE_JonF View Post

Hey Slavical!

Yes, I still have things planned to come. Having put out about 4 products this year I figured it'd be best to space things out a bit more rather than having things released too closely. The next product will be in 2019. In the meantime I'm also working on something that hasn't been announced yet. =)

Is there anything in particular you're looking for next?
                              Sci Fi Apartments or interior stuff

Comment

Originally posted by jojo8026 View Post

Sci Fi Apartments or interior stuff
                                Hey JoJo!

That's one of the most commonly requested packs, it's definitely on my list. =)

Comment

Working...
                                X