Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Modular SciFi Series - Polaris Colony Released!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basic/early texturing of the gun, wanted to share an update of how things are progressing. =)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Turret_Wip_7.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	149.8 KB
ID:	1497724Click image for larger version

Name:	Turret_Wip_8.jpg
Size:	222.7 KB
ID:	1497725Click image for larger version

Name:	Turret_Wip_9.jpg
Size:	254.0 KB
ID:	1497726

Project Reverie Game | SEJonF.com | Twitter | ArtStation | WIP | UE4 SciFi Assets - Season 1 & Season 2 Discount Bundles Free Asset Demo | Ice Shader

Comment

Textured the ammo cartridges, and polished up the default material a bit. All that's left is to texture the base, screen and I'm thinking some sort of holographic protective shield. =)

Name:	Turret_Wip_10.jpg
Size:	216.8 KB
ID:	1498199Click image for larger version

Name:	Turret_Wip_11.jpg
Size:	265.9 KB
ID:	1498200

Project Reverie Game | SEJonF.com | Twitter | ArtStation | WIP | UE4 SciFi Assets - Season 1 & Season 2 Discount Bundles Free Asset Demo | Ice Shader

Comment

Working on the UI for the display. Click image for larger version

Name:	Turret_Wip_12.jpg
Size:	192.8 KB
ID:	1498891Click image for larger version

Name:	Turret_Wip_13.jpg
Size:	296.5 KB
ID:	1498892

Comment

Stand is finished. Just need to polish a few things up and try out some designs for the holographic shield. Then it's on to the next prop. =)

Name:	Turret_Wip_14.jpg
Size:	224.1 KB
ID:	1499660Click image for larger version

Name:	Turret_Wip_15.jpg
Size:	178.4 KB
ID:	1499661Click image for larger version

Name:	Turret_Wip_16.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	282.8 KB
ID:	1499662Click image for larger version

Name:	Turret_Wip_17.jpg
Size:	239.8 KB
ID:	1499663Click image for larger version

Name:	Turret_Wip_18.jpg
Size:	198.0 KB
ID:	1499664

Comment

Hey man, that's great ^^
            Linkedin | ArtStation | -SCIFI 'PROPS' PACK- | -SCIFI 'POPULATE' PACK- | Shooter Game Tutorial | StarDrop

Comment

Originally posted by macoll View Post
              Hey man, that's great ^^
              Hey Oliver, thanks! =)

Comment

Finally finished the energy turret. I wasn't able to create a holographic shield that was up to my standards, so I put that idea on hold for now. A few things I'd like to note:

- It's highly customizable materially. Including the ability to create your own camos through masks in UE4.

- I plan to include the baked maps (AO, Object Space Normals, Normals, Color ID, Curves) so that buyers who have access to programs such as Quixel or Substance can further customize the guns material and diffuse outside of UE4.

- I plan to include animations, specifically for blendspaces so that it can indeed be used/aimed. Actual firing functionality isn't currently planned as that's beyond my skillset, but I want to at least provide those movement animations (up/down, turning, dismounted handle lifting) for those who'd like to do so themselves.

I'm looking forward to tackling the next prop. Check out more screens on ArtStation, and stay tuned for more!

Comment

I'm excited to show off some of the early WIP of my first marketplace character. =)

As with the environment art, I aim to stress modularity with my character series both physically and materially. There are plenty more details I'll be able to share as things go on, but I wanted to finally reveal some of the things that have been going on behind the scenes. Nothing is final, and designs are subject to change (they have a few times actually) but this is the direction I'm going on stylistically. Keep an eye out for more!

Name:	Robot_1.jpg
Size:	189.7 KB
ID:	1506958Click image for larger version

Name:	Robot_2.jpg
Size:	171.6 KB
ID:	1506959Click image for larger version

Name:	Robot_3.jpg
Size:	235.7 KB
ID:	1506960
                  Last edited by SE_JonF; 07-26-2018, 02:08 AM.

Comment

More progress on the robot. Multiple things are subject to change, and there are a few different ideas I want to play around with in some areas but this is the general direction. Once I've fully blocked it out I'll be polishing it up with details and will work on the high poly/optimizing the low. =)

Name:	Robot_4.jpg
Size:	189.3 KB
ID:	1510077

Comment

Finished the main form for the arms and hands. Moving onto the head then will rework a few pieces and polish. =)

Name:	Robot_5.jpg
Size:	203.0 KB
ID:	1512059Click image for larger version

Name:	Robot_6.jpg
Size:	206.8 KB
ID:	1512060

Comment

Did a bit of polishing on some of the chest/back pieces today. Wanted to give an idea of how the weapon scales to characters. All that's left now is the head, and then arm/leg variants.

Name:	Robot_7.jpg
Size:	263.8 KB
ID:	1512527Click image for larger version

Name:	Robot_8.jpg
Size:	298.8 KB
ID:	1512528Click image for larger version

Name:	Robot_9.jpg
Size:	173.6 KB
ID:	1512529Click image for larger version

Name:	Robot_10.jpg
Size:	264.9 KB
ID:	1512530

Comment

Finished the head. Was going for a manta ray/hammerhead vibe. Now it's just a matter of detail polishing (wires, variants, etc.) making the high poly, and then optimizing/uving the low poly. Really looking forward to texturing this. =)

Name:	Robot_12.jpg
Size:	231.7 KB
ID:	1513050Click image for larger version

Name:	Robot_11.jpg
Size:	209.1 KB
ID:	1513051

Comment

Switching gears back to the Polaris defense pack for a bit before I finish off the character. Here's an early blockout of the hilt of the stun baton. Still some more silhouette detail I'd like to do, but this is the general direction. The idea is to make it where the shock rod itself extends from the hilt, and retracts when not in use so it can be worn on characters and such. More to come soon! =)

Name:	Baton_Wip_1.jpg
Size:	159.1 KB
ID:	1513498

Comment

Oooh, Love the turret. I was wondering if you'd offer a baseless version, or something like, you can un-mount it and carry it around. That would be insanely useful and a cool gameplay addition.

As for the robot. I love the overall design. The head is pretty neat, at least very different from the rest. The only issue I seem to have is the torso. It looks a bit too fragile. Maybe you could add something like an optinal chest plate (piece) and maybe some modular armor bits to toughen it up? I don't want to sound harsh because I mean well and I'm just sharing my views, not saying I dislike it or it's bad. But to me right now it feels more like a maintenance android (worker droid) going all rambo :P I just think if you'd consider adding armor pieces as an option you'd be further expanding possible uses for it and pretty sure it'd also entice more people to just get it !!!

Other than that everything I'm seeing just looks amazing. I can't wait to see the end results !!!

P.S. As it is, right now, I would get the droid to replace one I'm using right now. I like the one I have but this one looks very unique !!!
                              Last edited by Joure; 08-10-2018, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Joure View Post
                                Oooh, Love the turret. I was wondering if you'd offer a baseless version, or something like, you can un-mount it and carry it around. That would be insanely useful and a cool gameplay addition.

As for the robot. I love the overall design. The head is pretty neat, at least very different from the rest. The only issue I seem to have is the torso. It looks a bit too fragile. Maybe you could add something like an optinal chest plate (piece) and maybe some modular armor bits to toughen it up? I don't want to sound harsh because I mean well and I'm just sharing my views, not saying I dislike it or it's bad. But to me right now it feels more like a maintenance android (worker droid) going all rambo :P I just think if you'd consider adding armor pieces as an option you'd be further expanding possible uses for it and pretty sure it'd also entice more people to just get it !!!

Other than that everything I'm seeing just looks amazing. I can't wait to see the end results !!!

P.S. As it is, right now, I would get the droid to replace one I'm using right now. I like the one I have but this one looks very unique !!!
                                Hey Joure!

Thanks for the feedback, I'm glad you're liking the upcoming content. =)

For the turret, that was something I was looking to do initially but I'm not sure if I'll be able to do it with this particular design. I do have plans for other turret types though and that's definitely a feature I'd like to have.

In regards to the robot, the designs above are just the base shapes for the most part. I still have plenty of things to add to it with regards to details and variants. Things like wires, accessories, etc. that will definitely give more size to the silhouette. Interestingly enough I do have plans for a maintenance robot, though it'll be far skinnier than this one. =P Additional armor plates are also possible with the variants. With the robot series I'm looking to do several variants. Your standard maintenance/service, a security robot (the one here) and more militarized/combat intensive ones that will be even bulkier. I'm also looking into doing larger mechs, and maybe even having them serve as vehicles that players can pilot. I am also planning on making them modular. For example this pack would release with modular arm/leg/chest/head variants. But later when I release a different model of the same type, it could also be swapped with the v1. =)

If you have any other feedback or comments feel free to let me know.

Comment

Working...
                                X