Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Modular SciFi Series - Polaris Colony Released!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More content would be nice. More is better :-)

Comment

Originally posted by LinuxDonald View Post
      More content would be nice. More is better :-)
      Indeed haha. I'll see what I can do. =)

Project Reverie Game | SEJonF.com | Twitter | ArtStation | WIP | UE4 SciFi Assets - Season 1 & Season 2 Discount Bundles Free Asset Demo | Ice Shader

Comment

Added some support beams and a couple new catwalk pieces. Also expanded the example map layout a bit.

Click image for larger version

Name:	38.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	470.5 KB
ID:	1474255Click image for larger version

Name:	39.jpg
Size:	458.2 KB
ID:	1474256Click image for larger version

Name:	41.jpg
Size:	554.1 KB
ID:	1474257

Project Reverie Game | SEJonF.com | Twitter | ArtStation | WIP | UE4 SciFi Assets - Season 1 & Season 2 Discount Bundles Free Asset Demo | Ice Shader

Comment

JonF I really like your work. You make assets that looks what I want ❤️

Comment

Originally posted by LinuxDonald View Post
            JonF I really like your work. You make assets that looks what I want ❤️
            Thanks LinuxDonald! I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying my work. Can't wait to share what else is in store. =)

Comment

Sweet jesus, this is really awesome. I was planning a ground mission but yeah, this is gonna be a great addition
              Looking slick as always man.

Comment

Originally posted by Joure View Post
                Sweet jesus, this is really awesome. I was planning a ground mission but yeah, this is gonna be a great addition
                Looking slick as always man.
                Thanks Joure! =)

Comment

I am pretty much done with this pack. Mesh count is now 54. All that's left is to put the finishing touches on things and polish it up, then submit it for approval. Landscape assets are from Epic's Kite World and are used to demonstrate how this pack would look in an environment. If all goes well this may be released before the end of the month. =)

Click image for larger version

Name:	50.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	443.2 KB
ID:	1476476Click image for larger version

Name:	51.jpg
Size:	536.7 KB
ID:	1476477Click image for larger version

Name:	52.jpg
Size:	472.8 KB
ID:	1476478Click image for larger version

Name:	53.jpg
Size:	494.2 KB
ID:	1476479Click image for larger version

Name:	54.jpg
Size:	548.6 KB
ID:	1476480Click image for larger version

Name:	55.jpg
Size:	379.8 KB
ID:	1476481Click image for larger version

Name:	56.jpg
Size:	495.8 KB
ID:	1476482Click image for larger version

Name:	57.jpg
Size:	522.6 KB
ID:	1476483Click image for larger version

Name:	58.jpg
Size:	476.0 KB
ID:	1476484Click image for larger version

Name:	59.jpg
Size:	455.0 KB
ID:	1476485Click image for larger version

Name:	60.jpg
Size:	454.8 KB
ID:	1476486

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	NewsBanner_Large_7.png Views:	1 Size:	549.3 KB ID:	1483526

I am pleased to announce that Modular SciFi: Polaris Colony is now available on the UE4 Marketplace! Get it HERE!

Also be sure to read the latest news article, where I talk about the future of the Polaris Collection as well as the Engineer Collection, and where the Modular SciFi Series is headed going forward!

Check out more screenshots on ArtStation and be sure to leave a like and comment!
                    Last edited by SE_JonF; 06-01-2018, 01:01 AM.

Comment

Hey everyone! Here's a tease at the upcoming pack which will focus on Settlement Defense. Stay tuned for more! =)

Comment

Need cannons!!!!!!!! :d

Comment

Originally posted by jojo8026 View Post
                          Need cannons!!!!!!!! :d
                          Turret defenses are indeed planned. And there may be cannons. =P

Comment

Hey! So we bit the bullet and bought the Season 2 collection, and it looks absolutely amazing. I do have ne problem though... The measurements are a mess. I'm guessing that it all makes sense in some way, but looking through the assets, I genuinely wouldn't have a clue which assets to use where and in combination with which other assets. Any chance you'd be able to write a design guide on how you intended for people to use these assets? I'd really appreciate it!
                            Technical Artist / Programmer / Level Designer
                            Portfolio: https://victorgoossens.artstation.com/
                            Hire me: https://forums.unrealengine.com/comm...level-designer

Comment

Originally posted by Mr4Goosey View Post
                              Hey! So we bit the bullet and bought the Season 2 collection, and it looks absolutely amazing. I do have ne problem though... The measurements are a mess. I'm guessing that it all makes sense in some way, but looking through the assets, I genuinely wouldn't have a clue which assets to use where and in combination with which other assets. Any chance you'd be able to write a design guide on how you intended for people to use these assets? I'd really appreciate it!

Hey there Mr4Goosey!

Thank you for your support and purchasing the product!

The measurements for the assets are actually quite precise to be honest.The architectural pieces are designed to pretty much click together. It's the only way to make modular assets that can actually mesh together well. Have you taken a look at the example maps by chance? Their purpose is to demonstrate how the assets work together. The Season 2 bundle includes content from the Engineer Collection, which has probably the most complex architectural packs yet, but the example maps should give you an idea of how things click together.

I'm not sure how a written guide would work given the sheer amount of assets and different combinations you can use them. Which is why environment packs usually come with demonstration maps that showcase how the different pieces work together. So you can see the assets in action, so to speak.

Assuming you haven't looked through the example maps yet, once you have if you still have any questions remaining about any of the assets please feel free to follow up with me and I'll assist you as best as I can. =)

Comment

So it's been a while since the last update, but I've been hard at work on this latest addition. Now bear in mind, it's still early WIP. This is pretty much just the block out for the most part. The materials are just solid color too, so it's missing high poly details which I've yet to create. But I've wanted to share this for so long and I finally got it to form completion so figured I can finally reveal it. In addition to high poly details, there are more holographic/UI elements I plan to add to it to add to the silhouette. Plenty more to come ahead. =)

Click image for larger version  Name:	Turret_Wip_1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	202.1 KB ID:	1493854Click image for larger version  Name:	Turret_Wip_2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	164.1 KB ID:	1493855Click image for larger version  Name:	Turret_Wip_3.jpg Views:	1 Size:	207.9 KB ID:	1493856Click image for larger version  Name:	Turret_Wip_4.jpg Views:	1 Size:	268.6 KB ID:	1493857Click image for larger version  Name:	Turret_Wip_5.jpg Views:	1 Size:	178.1 KB ID:	1493858Click image for larger version  Name:	Turret_Wip_6.jpg Views:	1 Size:	260.3 KB ID:	1493859
                                Last edited by SE_JonF; 06-26-2018, 03:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X