Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Modular SciFi Series - Polaris Colony Released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SE_JonF View Post
    Hey SaviorNT!

I haven't had a chance to play with UMG widgets, but I'll look into it. Worst case scenario I'll just include a blank diffuse for you so that you won't have to reimport a different texture. =)
    I can send you a quick mock up tutorial if you want. Super easy to do actually.
    WIP: Science Project - A collection of middle school through advanced college level science theory and formula-based functions for use in your own projects
    World Machine to UE4 Export Macro
    WM Folder Generator - Creates a folder that you name with HeightMap, NormalMap, SplatMap, and Tile sub-folders

Comment

Originally posted by SaviorNT View Post
      I can send you a quick mock up tutorial if you want. Super easy to do actually.
      Sure, send me what you have.

Caldera Entertainment | Twitter | ArtStation

Comment

Looks amazing, reminds me of Star Citizen.
        LinkedIn | Link custom Shaders | Atmosphere Modelisation & Procedural Planets | Distance Matching Locomotion | Nvidia GameWorks builds - 4.19.2 : VXGI2.0, Blast, HairWorks, Flow - Plugins: VictoryBP

Comment

Originally posted by Maxime.Dupart View Post
          Looks amazing, reminds me of Star Citizen.
          Thanks Maxime! [MENTION=1298]macoll[/MENTION] tells me that all the time. =P

Comment

Thanks Maxime! [MENTION=1298]macoll[/MENTION] tells me that all the time. =P
            Come on, you can't tell me Star Citizen had no influence on this work... ^^....

Those doors are almost the same design lol! I'm gonna buy all your stuff, warning you.

Ever considered doing a 'Sci-fi Fantasy' package with all your stuff and a little extra price cut ?
            LinkedIn | Link custom Shaders | Atmosphere Modelisation & Procedural Planets | Distance Matching Locomotion | Nvidia GameWorks builds - 4.19.2 : VXGI2.0, Blast, HairWorks, Flow - Plugins: VictoryBP

Comment

Come on, you can't tell me Star Citizen had no influence on this work... ^^....

Those doors are almost the same design lol! I'm gonna buy all your stuff, warning you.

Ever considered doing a 'Sci-fi Fantasy' package with all your stuff and a little extra price cut ?
              I can't really say that it has in all honesty. Any similarities are purely coincidental. I've often cited my main sources for inspiration are Mass Effect and Halo. For the Engineering themed packs, specifically Halo 5, The Expanse and COD: Infinite Warfare. =)

Do you have an example of the scifi-fantasy content you're interested in? Generally it can range from Star Wars to Final Fantasy. Specifics examples would help me to better visualize what it is you're looking for. =)

As for a price cut, I sell my products the lowest I can without underselling. I understand that to the buyer you may think I'm getting (i.e.) $60 from the sale, but sellers only receive 70% of that. After you take out the taxes you're left with about half of what it sold for. For the amount of time and work it takes to create products of this quality, I need to be able to earn a minimum return that makes it worthwhile. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to support continuous development anymore.

One of the ways I'd like to reward my loyal customers is a discount on repeat buyers. i.e. Buy one product, get 25% off the next one. But unfortunately Epic doesn't have the systems in place to do something like this. I do participate in the event sales that Epic holds, at least when they invite me, which is another way to get some of the products discounted. I'm not sure when the next one will be though.

Comment

I can't really say that it has in all honesty. Any similarities are purely coincidental. I've often cited my main sources for inspiration are Mass Effect and Halo. For the Engineering themed packs, specifically Halo 5, The Expanse and COD: Infinite Warfare. =)

Do you have an example of the scifi-fantasy content you're interested in? Generally it can range from Star Wars to Final Fantasy. Specifics examples would help me to better visualize what it is you're looking for. =)

As for a price cut, I sell my products the lowest I can without underselling. I understand that to the buyer you may think I'm getting (i.e.) $60 from the sale, but sellers only receive 70% of that. After you take out the taxes you're left with about half of what it sold for. For the amount of time and work it takes to create products of this quality, I need to be able to earn a minimum return that makes it worthwhile. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to support continuous development anymore.

One of the ways I'd like to reward my loyal customers is a discount on repeat buyers. i.e. Buy one product, get 25% off the next one. But unfortunately Epic doesn't have the systems in place to do something like this. I do participate in the event sales that Epic holds, at least when they invite me, which is another way to get some of the products discounted. I'm not sure when the next one will be though.
                The Expanse is an amazing show, love it. What i meant is just a full package with all your assets in one product, nothing related to the fantasy theme.

Comment

The Expanse is an amazing show, love it. What i meant is just a full package with all your assets in one product, nothing related to the fantasy theme.
                  Agreed, can't wait for season 3.

I see what you mean now! I currently have a Gumroad bundle for the first 4 products I've done, which has a discount total price so you save if you buy it as a whole rather than individually. I plan to do the same thing with this Engineer theme once I'm done with that, but that's a little while off. I have the Props pack that I'm working on, and 3 other architecture packs that I plan to do in order to make a fully comprehensive exterior/interior environment with this theme. I'll likely bundle it, give a price discount & provide another bundle exclusive example environment that utilizes all the packs cohesively. But again, that's a little while off. Probably looking at sometime in mid/late 2018 for that if all goes according to plan.

Comment

Allright, thanks for the info !

Comment

Allright, thanks for the info !
                      Happy to help. Let me know if you have any further questions! =)

Comment

Electric Safety Switch

Click image for larger version

Name:	105.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	433.9 KB
ID:	1128217

Name:	106.jpg
Size:	441.0 KB
ID:	1128218

Name:	107.jpg
Size:	450.3 KB
ID:	1128219

Name:	108.jpg
Size:	656.1 KB
ID:	1128220

Comment

VOIP Phone. Two more pieces left, and then it's polish & release!

Name:	109.jpg
Size:	551.9 KB
ID:	1128434

Name:	110.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	592.8 KB
ID:	1128435

Name:	111.jpg
Size:	464.3 KB
ID:	1128436

Name:	112.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	454.9 KB
ID:	1128437

Name:	113.jpg
Size:	653.1 KB
ID:	1128438

Comment

I will be working to mark 4.16 compatibility for all existing products as soon as possible.

Comment

Portable Light

Name:	114.jpg
Size:	378.7 KB
ID:	1128594

Name:	115.jpg
Size:	587.1 KB
ID:	1128595

Name:	116.jpg
Size:	593.2 KB
ID:	1128596

Name:	117.jpg
Size:	475.5 KB
ID:	1128597

Name:	118.jpg
Size:	721.8 KB
ID:	1128598

Comment

All products on UE4 Marketplace and Gumroad have been marked for 4.16 compatibility.

Comment

Working...
                                X