Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Modular SciFi Series - Polaris Colony Released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright, so the first set of images a few posts above are using the material setup I just recently created in Command Center. With this pack, I wanted to push the realism a bit more and up the quality of the materials using the Trim technique I began using in the aforementioned pack. Here is a set of photos with the new materials. With this new setup, you can modify the values to achieve the look I posted above, or the look below depending on your preference. Now you have the choice between the typical look the series has had in terms of materials vs something that pushes the realism a little further.

This material setup essentially builds upon the Trim technique's base texture feature for those who have Command Center.

I'll talk about it more as I progress, but there are also improvements in the quality and handling of the scratched/dirty vs clean textures. I'm very excited to be able to show that off soon.

Click image for larger version

Name:	58.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	493.4 KB
ID:	1121619

Name:	59.jpg
Size:	867.7 KB
ID:	1121620

Name:	60.jpg
Size:	671.4 KB
ID:	1121621

Name:	61.jpg
Size:	558.4 KB
ID:	1121622

Simulacrum Game | Play The Alpha | Caldera Entertainment | Twitter | ArtStation

Comment

Here's the door. Might change a few details with regards to decals but overall this is the design. Will be talking more about the changes I'm doing with doors/doorways soon, and how I'm making them more customizable than before.

Name:	62.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	441.1 KB
ID:	1121724

Name:	63.jpg
Size:	634.7 KB
ID:	1121725

Name:	64.jpg
Size:	699.8 KB
ID:	1121726

Comment

Wrapping up texturing of the door area. I'll probably add a few decals here and there during the polishing phase.

Name:	65.jpg
Size:	488.0 KB
ID:	1121912

Name:	66.jpg
Size:	562.5 KB
ID:	1121913

Name:	67.jpg
Size:	411.1 KB
ID:	1121914

Comment

All I can say is... DAT DOOR.

Man, water mouthing like an idiot here, keep it up. Looking forward to seeing what you'll do with the rest.

Comment

Hey Joure!

Thanks, can't wait to show off more progress. =)

Comment

Hey everyone!

Here is some more progress on the smaller hallway.

Name:	68.jpg
Size:	448.5 KB
ID:	1122044

Name:	69.jpg
Size:	778.9 KB
ID:	1122045

Name:	70.jpg
Size:	382.1 KB
ID:	1122046

Comment

More progress on what I've recently dubbed Hallway B of the pack. I decided I want to add more detail to the ceiling and the edge flooring, so I'll have to do some last minute modeling. Other than that I just have the intersection to do and then I can begin work on the main hallway. =)

Name:	71.jpg
Size:	690.7 KB
ID:	1122131

Name:	72.jpg
Size:	621.8 KB
ID:	1122132
                Last edited by SE_JonF; 01-30-2017, 03:07 AM.

Comment

Finished Hallway B. Total of 30 meshes for the pack so far, safe to say this is going to be the largest I've done yet. Intersection is next. =)

Name:	73.jpg
Size:	676.5 KB
ID:	1122260

Name:	74.jpg
Size:	718.9 KB
ID:	1122261
                  Last edited by SE_JonF; 01-30-2017, 03:12 AM.

Comment

Here's a preview of the intersection for the hallway.

Name:	75.jpg
Size:	561.4 KB
ID:	1122468

Name:	76.jpg
Size:	578.8 KB
ID:	1122469

Name:	77.jpg
Size:	705.9 KB
ID:	1122470

Comment

Hey everyone!

It's been a few days since the last update. I've restructured the way I'm approaching this pack and that required some big changes to the scope of what I want to achieve. I will talk more about that as it gets closer to release. For now, here is an update on a different hallway floor variant other than the glass. I'm a little over 50 meshes now, and there are still plenty of pieces left to do. More soon!

Name:	79.jpg
Size:	748.0 KB
ID:	1122786
                      Last edited by SE_JonF; 02-09-2017, 03:58 AM.

Comment

I'm proud to announce that I have completed the first pack of the Engineering theme. I will be polishing tomorrow and submitting it to the marketplace shortly after. Here is a glimpse of the environment. I can't wait to show it off through the video, there are many things that can't be conveyed through screenshots. More detailed information regarding the pack will be revealed soon! =)

Name:	F1.jpg
Size:	627.1 KB
ID:	1123026

Name:	F2.jpg
Size:	623.7 KB
ID:	1123027

Name:	F3.jpg
Size:	827.7 KB
ID:	1123028

Name:	F4.jpg
Size:	866.8 KB
ID:	1123029

Name:	F5.jpg
Size:	661.3 KB
ID:	1123030

Comment

That looks really really cool, gg

How much?
                          Last edited by macoll; 02-14-2017, 08:02 AM.
                          Linkedin | ArtStation | -SCIFI 'PROPS' PACK- | -SCIFI 'POPULATE' PACK- | Shooter Game Tutorial | StarDrop

Comment

Originally posted by macoll View Post
                            That looks really really cool, gg

How much?
                            Thanks Olivier. =) The pack will be priced at $59.99.

Comment

Looking excellent! Hoping after this is an exteriors pack so I can actually use these.

Check out my discord -> https://discord.gg/kQdVwJ3

Follow us on twitter to get updates on new products and special offers -> https://twitter.com/BlackFangTech

Black Fang Technologies' products -> https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...20Technologies

Comment

Originally posted by BlackRang666 View Post
                                Looking excellent! Hoping after this is an exteriors pack so I can actually use these.
                                Thank you BlackRang! An exteriors pack is still planned, and hopefully something I will be able to tackle this year. I have a lot that I want to get done for 2017, and I can't wait to show it off. =)

Is there anything in particular you're looking for in an exteriors pack?

Comment

Working...
                                X