Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Modular SciFi Series - Polaris Colony Released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm aiming to make the environments feel more alive going forward. Using things such as movable doors, particle effects, blinking lights, more animated UI and other movable objects - in this case, cooling fans.

Click image for larger version

Name:	48.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	592.6 KB
ID:	1120701

Simulacrum Game | Play The Alpha | Caldera Entertainment | Twitter | ArtStation

Comment

Pretty much done with the assets for the main hallway. All that's left is the intersection, and then I can begin UVing and texturing.

Name:	49.jpg
Size:	709.2 KB
ID:	1120731

Name:	50.jpg
Size:	729.8 KB
ID:	1120732

Comment

Pretty much wrapped up the block out for the architecture. Aside from a few pieces for polish here and there, this is it. This smaller hallway will be how you can connect multiple bigger hallways using different layouts, and can be designed as an intersection. The floor panels will have glass coverings, which isn't visible in the WIP shots at the moment. It'll be a while before I start showing more progress, as I am now entering the delightful UV stage. Hopefully it won't be that long though. =P The next time you see progress it should be in engine, with materials.

Name:	51.jpg
Size:	649.5 KB
ID:	1120849

Name:	52.jpg
Size:	558.4 KB
ID:	1120850

Name:	53.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	588.2 KB
ID:	1120851

Name:	54.jpg
Size:	481.6 KB
ID:	1120852

Comment

Hey everyone!

If you have a spare minute, I'd really appreciate it if you could vote for Modular SciFi Command Center in the marketplace December community poll. Hopefully for 1st place. =P

Comment

Everything is so Shiny!! It needs more blinky things and maybe a talking AI computer like on Star Trek :P

Comment

Originally posted by jojo8026 View Post
              Everything is so Shiny!! It needs more blinky things and maybe a talking AI computer like on Star Trek :P
              Hey Jojo!

I plan to have more blinking lights in this pack for sure. And as far as voice is concerned, it's definitely something I've been seriously looking into doing in the future. =)

Comment

Doing something like this only using voice would be awesome, if you could put Siri or Alexa or some kind of human ai interactive whatchamadinger into a game would be amaze balls

Comment

Doing something like this only using voice would be awesome, if you could put Siri or Alexa or some kind of human ai interactive whatchamadinger into a game would be amaze balls

I don't know if I could program something like that, but I would be interested in doing a siri/cortana like set of audio responses (common words, phrases, etc.) I'll let the programmers figure out how to make it come to life. =P

Comment

haha im a designer not a programmer, I just know what looks awesome but yea some kind of audio responses would be cool

Comment

haha im a designer not a programmer, I just know what looks awesome but yea some kind of audio responses would be cool
                      Likewise. =P Rest assured it is something that I have definitely been looking into. =)

Comment

Crikey, I'm looking incredibly forward to this.

Comment

Originally posted by Joure View Post
                          Crikey, I'm looking incredibly forward to this.
                          Thanks Joure!

Comment

Hey everyone!

As promised here is the first shot in engine. The color scheme/materials aren't finalized but I wanted to provide an update after so long. More to come!

Name:	55.jpg
Size:	513.3 KB
ID:	1121608

Name:	56.jpg
Size:	594.4 KB
ID:	1121609

Name:	57.jpg
Size:	521.5 KB
ID:	1121610

Comment

Awesome work as always. Still waiting for the first artist who is going to make a modular outside sci fi pack. So you can make buildings/hangers etc etc.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMoejahi3d. View Post
                                Awesome work as always. Still waiting for the first artist who is going to make a modular outside sci fi pack. So you can make buildings/hangers etc etc.
                                Thanks!

I get asked this a lot, and I know I keep giving the same answer - but it is coming! =)

I have some really cool plans for exterior modular architecture. The biggest impediment to that has been the fact that I work alone. But rest assured your requests have not gone unnoticed. I'll get there. =)

Comment

Working...
                                X