Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Modular SciFi Series - Polaris Colony Released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gozu View Post
    Hi Jon, can i make a small suggestion / request.

Can you make a master material that works on all the packs? (if they are the same, i think perhaps the "mats" pack is differnt, that's fine....)
    Or, update them so the baseline for materials is the same after this pack comes out...
    Or are they all the same anyway?
    Just an idea to get the packs all looking consistent. Would also make material updates easier for you i'm thinking.

Just an idea really.

Thanks for the hard work, its appreciated
    Hey Gozu!

The master materials for the meshes are pretty much the same across all packs actually. The materials Base_2C, Base_3C, Base_4C, SolidColor_Base, etc. I tend to keep those the same for consistency sake. and The materials pack uses what I dubbed the legacy version (the original color customizable materials/masks), and includes a scratched/worn variant.

Now by baseline do you mean the default settings? I wanna say they're the same, but I can double check if you want. They tend to be pretty generic though as I usually change them when I create the material instances.

Consistency is definitely something I strive for with the packs. I'm also looking for different ways to offer customization. This upcoming pack gave me the opportunity to do something different than I've done before which I feel offers even more customization. I'll be talking more about it as we get closer to release.

Also something to note, I tend to go for different themes/looks and colors for each pack, but it is definitely doable to keep them all in line with each other. The reason I change it up so much (especially with this pack using the colors I've chosen) is to do something different and show the extent you can go with the customization. Putting the screenshots of all the different packs next to each other, they will look like vastly different environments. But as you can see in the Collections Trailer they can all be meshed well together when using identical settings. =)

Thanks! Your support is greatly appreciated. Does that answer your question? =)

Simulacrum Game | Play The Alpha | Caldera Entertainment | Twitter | ArtStation

Comment

Hey everyone!

I just wanted to give an update on where Command Center is at. Originally I only had a few props to do, and then it would have been ready for release. However I've decided to make some last minute improvements that I believe will increase the quality of the pack, and help to set the standard for the series going forward. I'm currently working very hard on it, and will show you the new screens as soon as I am able. It will probably add a few more weeks onto the dev time, but in the end it will be worth it. I'm very excited to dive back into a legion of UV maps. =P

Comment

Hey everyone!

I wanted to give you an idea of the improvements I will be making on the meshes. Here are before and after screenshots of one of the meshes.

BEFORE

Click image for larger version

Name:	113.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	730.1 KB
ID:	1116441

AFTER

Name:	114.jpg
Size:	719.7 KB
ID:	1116442

Name:	115.jpg
Size:	763.7 KB
ID:	1116443

Comment

I have about 1/5 of the meshes optimized. Still a ways to go, but I'm enjoying the progress. Here are some more screens. =)

Name:	116.jpg
Size:	726.4 KB
ID:	1116591

Name:	117.jpg
Size:	705.4 KB
ID:	1116592

Comment

Wrapped up the center floor.

Name:	118.jpg
Size:	764.6 KB
ID:	1116628

Name:	119.jpg
Size:	746.6 KB
ID:	1116629

Name:	120.jpg
Size:	768.3 KB
ID:	1116630

Comment

Here are some more pieces I can show off that have more obvious changes. I remodeled the window/stair floor since I wasn't really satisfied with the original look. The new one is more in line with the rest of the floor paneling. Also adjusted the shape of the stairs a bit. Ignore some of the blurry textures, I still haven't finished revamping all of the existing assets yet. Getting there though. =)

Name:	121.jpg
Size:	677.0 KB
ID:	1116930

Name:	122.jpg
Size:	667.6 KB
ID:	1116931

Name:	123.jpg
Size:	750.9 KB
ID:	1116932

Name:	124.jpg
Size:	860.5 KB
ID:	1116933

Name:	125.jpg
Size:	634.6 KB
ID:	1116934

Name:	126.jpg
Size:	712.8 KB
ID:	1116935

Comment

Hi Jonathon!
                Are there going to be straight stairs as well? (ones that don't bend around a center piece like that)

Really need some nice stairs! hah.

Keep it up!
                Outer Planet Studios
                http://outerplanet.webflow.io/

Comment

Hi Jonathon!
                  Are there going to be straight stairs as well? (ones that don't bend around a center piece like that)

Really need some nice stairs! hah.

Keep it up!
                  Hey Gozu! At the moment the pack doesn't call for straight stairs (isn't in the existing design) but there will be more in the future as I'm going for more verticality in the architecture packs. =)

Comment

[MENTION=26016]gozu[/MENTION] I had some free time today, so I went ahead and made a variant of the stairs in the photo above that wasn't twisted. The mesh was already created I just had to play around with the rotation a bit. It doesn't fit in the architecture of the pack, but I'll still throw it in there for you. =)

Comment

Originally posted by SE_JonF View Post
                      [MENTION=26016]gozu[/MENTION] I had some free time today, so I went ahead and made a variant of the stairs in the photo above that wasn't twisted. The mesh was already created I just had to play around with the rotation a bit. It doesn't fit in the architecture of the pack, but I'll still throw it in there for you. =)
                      YES! Thank you so much! :-)
                      Outer Planet Studios
                      http://outerplanet.webflow.io/

Comment

YES! Thank you so much! :-)
                        Don't mention it! You've been a longtime supporter, it was the least I could do. =)

Comment

Hey, that looks cool and neat; gg
                          Linkedin | ArtStation | -SCIFI 'PROPS' PACK- | -SCIFI 'POPULATE' PACK- | Shooter Game Tutorial | StarDrop

Comment

Thanks Oliver! =)

Comment

Pretty much finished the window area. =)

Name:	127.jpg
Size:	696.6 KB
ID:	1116986

Name:	128.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	762.1 KB
ID:	1116987

Name:	129.jpg
Size:	708.6 KB
ID:	1116988

Name:	130.jpg
Size:	679.8 KB
ID:	1116989

Comment

Working...
                              X