Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Modular SciFi Series - Polaris Colony Released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did some filler piece work that isn't really worth showing off at the moment. Tackling the back walls next, which should round things out. In the mean time, I've been experimenting with a new example map theme. Not sure if I'm satisfied with it yet, I'll have to see how it looks when I get the rest of the pieces in.

Click image for larger version

Name:	71.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	758.9 KB
ID:	1114187

Simulacrum Game | Play The Alpha | Caldera Entertainment | Twitter | ArtStation

Comment

Hey everyone! Now that the forums are online again, back to showing progress on the pack:

Name:	WIP_12_1.jpg
Size:	943.4 KB
ID:	1114193

Name:	WIP_12_2.jpg
Size:	649.7 KB
ID:	1114196
      Attached Files

Comment

More progress! I've been experimenting with detail decals for some of the areas I feel are too empty. They also have the added benefit of extra customization, which is pretty cool. Also wrapping up the meshes for the large door.

Name:	74.jpg
Size:	585.6 KB
ID:	1114266

Name:	75.jpg
Size:	632.0 KB
ID:	1114267

Name:	76.jpg
Size:	563.6 KB
ID:	1114268

Name:	77.jpg
Size:	582.2 KB
ID:	1114269

Comment

Hey everyone! I just wanted to let you know that I will be working on getting compatibility for 4.13 confirmed as soon as possible, for content on the UE4 marketplace as well as Gumroad.

Comment

Hey everyone!

An update on the compatibility for 4.13:

For some reasons I'm getting seams on the large door in this new engine version. I will investigate the issue and see if it's a bug, or due to some new changes. The maps were also noticeably darker than previous engine versions, so I will be changing some of the lighting/post process settings in the base versions and sending them to Epic this upcoming week. This gives me the chance to finally play around with updating the lighting for the first pack. I will also be changing the base version of Modular SciFi: Hallways to 4.10 from 4.6 when the compatibility files are sent in. More information soon.

Comment

Hey everyone!

I've marked Modular SciFi: Props and Materials & Decals for 4.13 compatibility. Interiors and Hallways required rebuilt lighting and I did some polishing on the example environment post processing/lighting for Hallways. Those two packs require new project files, so I will be sending those over to Epic and hopefully they will be up soon. For those of you who purchased the Collection Pack, I will be working on that next and it should be up really soon. In the meantime check out the new screenshots for Modular SciFi: Hallways:

Name:	1.jpg
Size:	967.8 KB
ID:	1114707

Name:	2.jpg
Size:	874.7 KB
ID:	1114708

Name:	3.jpg
Size:	911.8 KB
ID:	1114709

Name:	4.jpg
Size:	795.9 KB
ID:	1114711

Name:	5.jpg
Size:	822.7 KB
ID:	1114713

Name:	6.jpg
Size:	973.3 KB
ID:	1114715

Name:	7.jpg
Size:	968.5 KB
ID:	1114716

Name:	8.jpg
Size:	896.8 KB
ID:	1114717

Name:	9.jpg
Size:	791.0 KB
ID:	1114718

Name:	10.jpg
Size:	769.8 KB
ID:	1114719
              Attached Files

Comment

Hey everyone!

For those of you who purchased the Collection Bundle, the files have been updated for 4.13 compatibility and now include the changes to Modular SciFi: Hallways shown above. I'm still waiting to hear back from Epic for Hallways/Interiors on the UE4 marketplace.

Comment

After a short break last week, and working on the compatibility updates I can now turn my attention back to the Command Center pack. I wanted to narrow down a color scheme before I continued adding pieces. The clean white look was too similar to the example environments I used in the past, and I wanted to show how you can contrast the different color elements together. This is what I've got so far. I've gotten it down to either this red, or yellow - though I'm leaning more towards the red. I also added 4 different base textures so that the materials didn't look too clean. Of course you have the option of going back to the original look through the material instances. =) (Also, for those of you waiting on 4.13 compatibility for Hallways and Interiors, I'm still awaiting a response from Epic.)

Name:	78.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	860.3 KB
ID:	1114820

Name:	79.jpg
Size:	782.7 KB
ID:	1114821

Name:	80.jpg
Size:	643.7 KB
ID:	1114822

Name:	81.jpg
Size:	741.0 KB
ID:	1114823

Name:	82.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	768.3 KB
ID:	1114824

Name:	83.jpg
Size:	876.5 KB
ID:	1114825

Name:	84.jpg
Size:	798.8 KB
ID:	1114826

Comment

Hey, looks cool!

I like the orange color scheme. Perhaps overused if all around the windows i'd say but ....your taste

Keep up
                    Last edited by macoll; 09-09-2016, 03:59 AM.
                    Linkedin | ArtStation | -SCIFI 'PROPS' PACK- | -SCIFI 'POPULATE' PACK- | Shooter Game Tutorial | StarDrop

Comment

Thanks Olivier! You're the second person to say that looks orange. I intended it to be red, I might need to go tweak the colors a bit. =P

The ring around the window was black at first, but I wanted to emphasize a third color a little more prominently. Fortunately though it can be changed rather easily. =)

Comment

Modular SciFi: Hallways has been marked for 4.13 compatibility. Interiors is soon to follow.

Here is some more progress on the Command Center pack. Only a few more pieces to go for the initial architecture. The corner wall is probably my favorite piece out of the pack right now. =)

Name:	85.jpg
Size:	652.2 KB
ID:	1115383

Name:	86.jpg
Size:	810.9 KB
ID:	1115384

Comment

Closing up the ceilings. All I have left to do now is remodel the stairs, make the wall variants that swap out the large/small doors and create the actual command center props. =)

Name:	87.jpg
Size:	782.4 KB
ID:	1115419

Name:	88.jpg
Size:	799.0 KB
ID:	1115420

Name:	89.jpg
Size:	803.3 KB
ID:	1115421

Name:	90.jpg
Size:	928.5 KB
ID:	1115422

Comment

Soooooooooooooooooo... when can we buy it? :P
                            I want more of your assets, but have run out of stuff to buy! lol!
                            Outer Planet Studios
                            http://outerplanet.webflow.io/

Comment

Originally posted by gozu View Post
                              Soooooooooooooooooo... when can we buy it? :P
                              I want more of your assets, but have run out of stuff to buy! lol!
                              Hey Gozu!

I'm looking at late September/early October.

Don't worry, there is plenty more to come! I have another pack after this that I'm excited to announce, plus some other new things. =)

Comment

Originally posted by SE_JonF View Post
                                Hey Gozu!

I'm looking at late September/early October.

Don't worry, there is plenty more to come! I have another pack after this that I'm excited to announce, plus some other new things. =)
                                Yo SF Jon, I would love to see some kind of modular insanely customizable Sci Fi Apartment like you would see in Mass Effect or Star Trek

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X