Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Modular SciFi Series - Polaris Colony Released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SE_JonF View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]92142[/ATTACH]

Greetings everyone!

I'm excited to announce that Modular SciFi: Interiors will be going on sale for a week starting this upcoming Monday! This happens once a year, so be sure to to take advantage of these savings!
    Just bought it.
    I couldn't start working on my first sci-fi game project yet, delayed for months, still working on my first app project trying to figure out and code some complex algorithms (mainly encryption to avoid my product getting stolen and losing money...).
    So far I bought only some of the assets I need on the marketplace to create the game which at this point I won't have a chance to complete before September I think. I hope to complete coding on the app and start working on the game in a few weeks by next month so I will buy your Modular SciFi: Props I and Modular SciFi: Materials & Decals too along with some other assets.
    I will clearly have less time to even think about creating everything by myself. I still want to design my own characters and weapons anyway but I need modular assets for everything else or there is no chance to build a working game in a few months all by myself.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkS474 View Post
      Just bought it.
      I couldn't start working on my first sci-fi game project yet, delayed for months, still working on my first app project trying to figure out and code some complex algorithms (mainly encryption to avoid my product getting stolen and losing money...).
      So far I bought only some of the assets I need on the marketplace to create the game which at this point I won't have a chance to complete before September I think. I hope to complete coding on the app and start working on the game in a few weeks by next month so I will buy your Modular SciFi: Props I and Modular SciFi: Materials & Decals too along with some other assets.
      I will clearly have less time to even think about creating everything by myself. I still want to design my own characters and weapons anyway but I need modular assets for everything else or there is no chance to build a working game in a few months all by myself.
      Hey DarkS474!

Thank you for your support! Good luck with your project, I look forward to seeing it and how you implement the assets. I hope they serve you well. =)

Project Reverie Game | SEJonF.com | Twitter | ArtStation | WIP | UE4 SciFi Assets - Season 1 & Season 2 Discount Bundles Free Asset Demo | Ice Shader

Comment

Greetings everyone!

I'm excited to announce that the Interiors expansion update is officially complete! Here is a look at the new content - 12 new meshes and 1 new example environment based on the Collections trailer. I will be sending this to Epic shortly. =)

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	721.2 KB
ID:	1106229

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	842.7 KB
ID:	1106230

Name:	3.jpg
Size:	779.4 KB
ID:	1106231

Name:	4-2.jpg
Size:	792.7 KB
ID:	1106236

Name:	5.jpg
Size:	901.2 KB
ID:	1106237

Name:	6.jpg
Size:	854.5 KB
ID:	1106238

Name:	7.jpg
Size:	761.3 KB
ID:	1106239

Name:	8.jpg
Size:	777.0 KB
ID:	1106240

Name:	p1.jpg
Size:	400.2 KB
ID:	1106241

Name:	p2.jpg
Size:	281.5 KB
ID:	1106242

Name:	p3.jpg
Size:	320.7 KB
ID:	1106243

Name:	p4.jpg
Size:	364.2 KB
ID:	1106244

Name:	p5.jpg
Size:	411.4 KB
ID:	1106245

Name:	p6.jpg
Size:	399.9 KB
ID:	1106246

In the mean time, you can get this pack for 15% off through the 16th!
        Attached Files

Project Reverie Game | SEJonF.com | Twitter | ArtStation | WIP | UE4 SciFi Assets - Season 1 & Season 2 Discount Bundles Free Asset Demo | Ice Shader

Comment

I was wondering if it would be possible to do a small, tiny, update for the props pack

2 different styles of tables, a round one and a square one. Just the typical run of the mill tables

Ah, and looking forward to the command post
          WIP: Science Project - A collection of middle school through advanced college level science theory and formula-based functions for use in your own projects
          World Machine to UE4 Export Macro
          WM Folder Generator - Creates a folder that you name with HeightMap, NormalMap, SplatMap, and Tile sub-folders

Comment

Man, I can't start to say how much I value you as an artist. From the design all the way up to the execution. I'm also incredibly excited for what you're going to do next. Keep it up, you rock !!!

Comment

Originally posted by SaviorNT View Post
              I was wondering if it would be possible to do a small, tiny, update for the props pack

2 different styles of tables, a round one and a square one. Just the typical run of the mill tables

Ah, and looking forward to the command post
              Hey SaviorNT!

I'll add it to my notes for sure. I was planning on doing tables like that in a future pack, so I suppose whichever comes first. =P I'm excited to be able to show off the command center pack. I've made some changes to it behind the scenes from what it was originally intended to be, will be sharing as soon as I can!

Originally posted by Joure View Post
              Man, I can't start to say how much I value you as an artist. From the design all the way up to the execution. I'm also incredibly excited for what you're going to do next. Keep it up, you rock !!!
              That's very kind of you to say Joure, I really appreciate it! Thank you for your tremendous support! =)

Comment

Hey SaviorNT!

I'll add it to my notes for sure. I was planning on doing tables like that in a future pack, so I suppose whichever comes first. =P I'm excited to be able to show off the command center pack. I've made some changes to it behind the scenes from what it was originally intended to be, will be sharing as soon as I can!

That's very kind of you to say Joure, I really appreciate it! Thank you for your tremendous support! =)
                Some kind of interactive computer screens or screen textures or anything like that would be awesome as well

Comment

Originally posted by jojo8026 View Post
                  Some kind of interactive computer screens or screen textures or anything like that would be awesome as well
                  Hey Jojo8026!

The Props pack has computer/terminal screens, but at the moment there are no interactive ones. That is something I would definitely like to do in the future though, if possible. Anything in specific you'd be looking to do with it? =)

Comment

Hey Jojo8026!

The Props pack has computer/terminal screens, but at the moment there are no interactive ones. That is something I would definitely like to do in the future though, if possible. Anything in specific you'd be looking to do with it? =)
                    Just put like video of some of my graphic design work on it or display pictures or something

Comment

Im quite new working in Unreal. New to Game design really. I decided to level up and whated to see what I could do so i bought a few of your packs. They are great! I've built a level, but it definitely has a long way to go. I was wondering, is it best to map out the level first with BSP and replace them with your modules? Again you do great works!

Comment

Originally posted by jojo8026 View Post
                        Just put like video of some of my graphic design work on it or display pictures or something
                        I'm not sure how to do so through any automated method, but you can do that right now by using the existing screens as boundary guides for your custom pictures/graphics design work. =)

Originally posted by chillz9 View Post
                        Im quite new working in Unreal. New to Game design really. I decided to level up and whated to see what I could do so i bought a few of your packs. They are great! I've built a level, but it definitely has a long way to go. I was wondering, is it best to map out the level first with BSP and replace them with your modules? Again you do great works!
                        Hey Chillz9!

Welcome to the UE4 community, and thank you for your support! Personally I just build using the meshes, usually blocking out with the floor panels and then following suit with the remaining pieces. You can probably accomplish the same with BSP, but you'll need to keep in mind the piece dimensions if you want to do a 1:1 replacement. Let me know if you have any more questions! =)

Comment

Thanks! Yeah I thought blocking it out would make it more simple, but, like you said I have to keep in mind the dimensions. Which can be challenging for anything larger then a room lol.

Comment

Just popping by to mention that I bought the pack during the recent sale, and quite pleased with it. It's a useful way to block out my sci-fi levels without lots of work. The only issue I'm having is getting decent light courtesy of the extreme shinyness of much of the materials. What lighting are you doing to achieve the effects you're getting in your posted screen shots?

Comment

Originally posted by chillz9 View Post
                              Thanks! Yeah I thought blocking it out would make it more simple, but, like you said I have to keep in mind the dimensions. Which can be challenging for anything larger then a room lol.
                              Be sure to study the layouts of the example environments, and the pattern of how the pieces work best together. =)

Originally posted by GunnerAU View Post
                              Just popping by to mention that I bought the pack during the recent sale, and quite pleased with it. It's a useful way to block out my sci-fi levels without lots of work. The only issue I'm having is getting decent light courtesy of the extreme shinyness of much of the materials. What lighting are you doing to achieve the effects you're getting in your posted screen shots?
                              Hey GunnerAU!

Thank you for your support! You can change the properties of the materials through the many provided material instances. Most of the materials in the current version of Interiors have pretty high metallic values, and lower roughness which is the cause of the shininess. Those are the values you're going to want to adjust through each of the material instances to get your desired look. For the expansion update displayed in the screenshots above, I toned down the reflections/shininess of some of the materials to bring it in line with how I made the Collections trailer. =)

Comment

Be sure to study the layouts of the example environments, and the pattern of how the pieces work best together. =)

Hey GunnerAU!

Thank you for your support! You can change the properties of the materials through the many provided material instances. Most of the materials in the current version of Interiors have pretty high metallic values, and lower roughness which is the cause of the shininess. Those are the values you're going to want to adjust through each of the material instances to get your desired look. For the expansion update displayed in the screenshots above, I toned down the reflections/shininess of some of the materials to bring it in line with how I made the Collections trailer. =)
                                Thanks for the reply! I'd been toying with them, and still need to do some more, but pleased to her the tips. Looking forward to the update as well, it's looking stellar. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                                X