Using Unreal marketplace assets outside of Unreal Engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using Unreal marketplace assets outside of Unreal Engine

Hello, I am developing a PC exclusive title on Unity Engine but unfortunately most of the assets being sold on the asset store are marketed towards mobile developers. These assets are not up to the standards of current generation PC/console assets and it's really quite difficult separating the worthwhile from the not worthwhile.

I was looking over the Unreal Engine marketplace and I feel that these assets would be better for my project but you have to subscribe and agree to terms of service. There's a certain clause that might make sense (Epic provides free asset packs to their developers) but I'm worried about this clause being applied to all assets being sold on the marketplace.
    "UE-Only Assets

For UE-Only Assets, you may exercise your rights under the License only if and to the extent that such Assets are utilized in combination with the Engine Code. For example, you may not develop or Distribute a Product that consists of or contains a UE-Only Asset but does not contain and require the Engine Code (including as modified by you under the License) for its use. The UE-Only Assets will be subject to all of the terms of this Agreement that apply to Assets, as well as the additional limitations described in this paragraph. All references in this paragraph to UE-Only Assets include modified versions thereof made by you under the License.

"UE-Only Assets" means Assets that are designated in the Marketplace as usable only in conjunction with the Engine Code."
    Then there's also the "premium asset" clause
    Epic may also enable you to obtain Premium Assets. Regardless of any references Epic may make outside this Agreement to purchasing or selling Premium Assets, a Premium Asset is licensed, not sold, to you under the License. Your License to a Premium Asset is subject to your payment of the associated additional fee. When you pay the additional fee to obtain a Premium Asset, you are purchasing from Epic the right to have your License include the Premium Asset.
    You acknowledge that Epic may process Subscription Fee payments automatically (e.g., through charge to a credit card account that you provide). When you provide payment information to Epic or its authorized processor, you represent to Epic that you are the authorized user of the card, PIN, key, or account associated with that payment. You authorize Epic to charge your credit card or process your payment with the authorized processor for any Subscription Fees and any fees associated with Premium Assets as selected by you.

The Subscription may be cancelled by you at any time at unrealengine.com/dashboard. Epic may cancel your Subscription if it generally discontinues offering Subscriptions. Cancellation of your Subscription will be effective at the end of the current Subscription Period for which you have paid the Subscription Fee. After cancellation of your Subscription by either you or Epic, you will not be entitled to access or use future Versions of the Engine Code or Assets that Epic makes available under the License. However, cancellation of your Subscription will not affect your rights under the License with respect to any Licensed Technology you have already downloaded under the License.

"Premium Assets" means Assets made available to you for an additional fee."
    Could someone with a bit of experience with the UE4 marketplace be able to go into things a little bit more for me?

Right now, the only "UE-Only Assets" available are the free content created by Epic themselves. I do not think this licence add on is available to external sellers at all, only being intended as a way for Epic to give away valuable stuff without risking it being used with competitors engines.

This is the first time i hear of "Premium Assets". I guess we will see it used in the future where it makes sense, to broaden the type of content that can be made available on the Marketplace.

Comment

Working...
    X