X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SUPPORT] C++ Rope Plugin with Physics and Cutting - Bug Reports

The information on this page pertains to the following product:
    https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...dd3dc0bd2ff9a5

I will be posting bug reports here. If you spot a problem with the product, please let me know.
    Precision.Gaming@outlook.com
    Last edited by Precision-Gaming; 01-07-2021, 10:50 AM.

-- Thread moved to 'Marketplace' --
    I expected challenges - but I never thought they'd be so bad, so long, and so frequent.

Comment

Spline length of zero causes crash - Fixed

Comment

Scale not set by Collision_RC function for collision spheres that are positioned second from start and end - Fixed

Comment

Minor bug - possible engine bug - gives warning during cook - can be ignored.
          The warning does not prevent a successful cook.
          It is not just limited to my products. The bug also occurs in blank projects with a single constraint (created and set during construction time) added between two simulating physics bodies (mobility set to movable).

UATHelper: Cooking (Windows (64-bit)): LogInit: Display: PIE: Warning: attempting to create a joint between objects that are both static. No joint created.

Test project available here:
          https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dtm...ew?usp=sharing

I have submitted an engine bug report and received a confirmation email. Snapshot of confirmation is available here:
          https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nxz...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

In the tutorial map, the rope on the dragged mesh example does not cut properly - Fixed (new version added - see latest tutorial map)

Comment

The function AttachEnd_RC has a bool named immobilise. When set to true, it resulted in the third from last collision sphere being incorrectly constrained - Fixed

Comment

minimum unit length too large - fixed - reduce from 15.0 to 2.5

Comment

Rope component not destroying safely when level unloaded - Fixed - use the new function Destroy_RC with event endplay and event destroyed.
                  See tutorial project for more details or look inside the blueprints included in the plugin.
                  Last edited by Precision-Gaming; 01-25-2021, 04:35 PM.

Comment

When the rope's end is immobilised and then cut, the end shifts in position towards the start of the rope - fixed

Comment

Shrink function lifting cut sections when first spline has been shrunk to limit - fixed

Comment

Under some circumstances the plugin fails to package - fixed
                        The error given was:
                        UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): C:/Program Files/Epic Games/UE_4.26/Engine/Plugins/Marketplace/RopeCutting/Source/RopeCutting/Public/RopeCuttingController.h(23) : LogCompile: Error: An explicit Category specifier is required for any property exposed to the editor or Blueprints in an Engine module.

If you experience this error, please update your plugin.

Comment

Working...
                        X