Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll - What do you want to see on the Marketplace?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Poll - What do you want to see on the Marketplace?

    Hey everyone,

    I'm an environment artist, I've worked on Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare and am currently working on Rise of the Tomb Raider.

    I love the Unreal community and UE4. I was lucky enough to be in the beta for it during last fall and have been building content with it since.

    I want to start building content for the Marketplace, and wanted to know what members of the community wanted most.

    I've made a poll up top, but please add additional suggestions below. I'm not a character artist, but vehicles, weapons, props and environment assets like terrain are all possibilities.

    Thanks for any suggestions!
    62
    Medieval Weapons
    12.90%
    8
    Modern Weapons
    6.45%
    4
    Sci-fi Weapons
    1.61%
    1
    Generic props
    20.97%
    13
    Landscapes
    17.74%
    11
    Modular building kits
    40.32%
    25

    #2
    Originally posted by MooseCommander View Post
    Hey everyone,

    I'm an environment artist, I've worked on Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare and am currently working on Rise of the Tomb Raider.

    I love the Unreal community and UE4. I was lucky enough to be in the beta for it during last fall and have been building content with it since.

    I want to start building content for the Marketplace, and wanted to know what members of the community wanted most.

    I've made a poll up top, but please add additional suggestions below. I'm not a character artist, but vehicles, weapons, props and environment assets like terrain are all possibilities.

    Thanks for any suggestions!
    Modular city environments like run down ghetto blocking, inner city, grunge, gangland etc.

    http://wallpaperswide.com/graffiti_g...allpapers.html

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by JayBidwell View Post
      Modular city environments like run down ghetto blocking, inner city, grunge, gangland etc.

      http://wallpaperswide.com/graffiti_g...allpapers.html
      Thanks for the suggestion! That's definitely a fun thing to consider.

      Comment


        #4
        Iron-age to early medieval weapons, buildings and nordic/scandinavian landscape props.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by oasf View Post
          Iron-age to early medieval weapons, buildings and nordic/scandinavian landscape props.
          I think I'm planning on doing a set of medieval weapons first up. They're fun to do, and hopefully I can extend to doing different cultures and things. Some Nordic / viking stuff sounds cool so I may start there.

          Comment


            #6
            Hi! Modular environments would be my top priority. They should be tiled in such way in which you could use your custom textures.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by LHutz View Post
              Hi! Modular environments would be my top priority. They should be tiled in such way in which you could use your custom textures.
              +1 modular buildings is a must have.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by MooseCommander View Post
                I think I'm planning on doing a set of medieval weapons first up. They're fun to do, and hopefully I can extend to doing different cultures and things. Some Nordic / viking stuff sounds cool so I may start there.
                That would make me a very happy guy

                Comment


                  #9
                  Medieval weapons would be a beauty.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by LHutz View Post
                    Hi! Modular environments would be my top priority. They should be tiled in such way in which you could use your custom textures.
                    Of course anything I create could work with your own custom textures, but not everything might be so plug and play. Even with modular kits, assets will be built with a specific style in mind, and overriding the textures may make it look a little off. But I will build everything with an eye towards customization and adjustment.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      +2 modular buildings...

                      Instead of urban ghettos, how about something more open space and refreshingly Far East or Italian themed :-
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by EntrpriseCustomr; 10-02-2014, 10:33 AM.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Or Italian themes :-

                        We have space-themed and ultra-modern office / apartment buildings in the marketplace, but how about Modular Buildings from Rome to Venice... Either way, with an engine this beautiful, it'd be great to have more variation visually in the modular building 'Assets' of the marketplace demos, especially 'Exteriors'. UDK had some interesting contrast, particularly in the visual style of modular buildings of EpicCitadel Castle versus Necropolis City etc...
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by EntrpriseCustomr; 10-02-2014, 10:50 AM.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X