Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[SUPPORT] ROG Modular Medieval Armor & Cloth / Accessories & Robes / & other assets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[RELEASED] [SUPPORT] ROG Modular Medieval Armor & Cloth / Accessories & Robes / & other assets

ROG Assets list
    1. ROG Modular Medieval Armor and Cloth (release date - 06/09/2020, last update - 08/28/2020)
    2. ROG Modular Medieval Accessories and Robes (release date - 06/09/2020, last update - 08/28/2020)
    3. ROG Magical Two-Handed Staffs (release date - 06/16/2020, last update - 07/28/2020)
    4. ROG Modular Medieval Beds (release date - 07/14/2020)
    5. ...
    All these assets we made for our project in development - Reign of Guilds. By some reasons we have made a decision to share it with UE4 Community.
    1. ROG Modular Medieval Armor & Cloth AND 2. ROG Modular Medieval Accessories & Robes

The actual version is 3.1 (09/21/2020), you can find patch note here

This is our view of the dark magical Middle Ages in a realistic style.
    These 2 assets complement each other. It summary contains more than 200 items for thousands of combinations:
    1. 112 items of modular armor & cloth (slots: head, chest, legs, feet);
    2. 106 items of modular accessories (bracers, gloves, cloaks, shoulders) & robes;

Click image for larger version  Name:	ROG_Modular_Armor_1.jpg Views:	3 Size:	353.0 KB ID:	1795074Click image for larger version  Name:	ROG_Modular_Accessories_Robes_1.jpg Views:	3 Size:	344.3 KB ID:	1795081Click image for larger version  Name:	ROG_Modular_Armor_2.jpg Views:	3 Size:	358.5 KB ID:	1795078Click image for larger version  Name:	ROG_Modular_Armor_3.jpg Views:	3 Size:	364.7 KB ID:	1795077Click image for larger version  Name:	ROG_Modular_Armor_4.jpg Views:	3 Size:	365.7 KB ID:	1795075Click image for larger version  Name:	ROG_Modular_Armor_5.jpg Views:	3 Size:	369.7 KB ID:	1795080Click image for larger version  Name:	ROG_Modular_Armor_6.jpg Views:	3 Size:	363.9 KB ID:	1795076Click image for larger version  Name:	ROG_Modular_Armor_7.jpg Views:	3 Size:	366.8 KB ID:	1795079Click image for larger version  Name:	ROG_Modular_Accessories_Robes_2.jpg Views:	3 Size:	355.8 KB ID:	1795083Click image for larger version  Name:	ROG_Modular_Accessories_Robes_3.jpg Views:	3 Size:	347.1 KB ID:	1795084Click image for larger version  Name:	ROG_Modular_Accessories_Robes_4.jpg Views:	3 Size:	340.6 KB ID:	1795082Click image for larger version  Name:	ROG_Modular_Accessories_Robes_5.jpg Views:	3 Size:	341.8 KB ID:	1795085

Video
    ​​​​​​First of all, please read the FAQ and DOCUMENTATION, which answers to most popular questions & describes how it works in Reign of Guilds.

Compatibility:

Armor & accessories models are prepared for these male characters from UE4 MarketPlace:
    1. UE4 Mannequin (with native skeleton)
    2. Character Customization: Male by CodeSpartan in Blueprints - UE4 Marketplace
    3. Character Customizer by mlindborg in Characters - UE4 Marketplace
    Click image for larger version

Name:	e64b8ed4febdf777eb5bf008f472355d.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	337.1 KB
ID:	1820393

FAQ

1. Compatibility with Epic skeleton? Mannequin? Other characters?

Spoiler

2. What is the difficult with Character Customization: Male?

Spoiler

3. Is it compatible with Character Customization: Female as well?

Spoiler
    Other Assets & Plans

The other assets do not need additional description, but you can ask questions in this topic.

Future plans & voting:
    1. (Armor & Accessories) Adapting meshes for female characters;
    2. (Creatures) Adding to MP new assets (3D creatures: bear, mammoth, deer, etc)
    If you are interested in these aspects - please answer in this topic.
    Last edited by AtlantGames; 10-09-2020, 01:10 PM.

reserved for additional assets

Comment

Im very interested in both packs and hope you guys set it up for the epic skeleton! While I understand, for me personally, I dont really know much about modeling so am afraid I will buy it and not be able to set it up correctly. I love your guys work! Excited to see what else you release!

Comment

Originally posted by Alid0n View Post
        Im very interested in both packs and hope you guys set it up for the epic skeleton! While I understand, for me personally, I dont really know much about modeling so am afraid I will buy it and not be able to set it up correctly. I love your guys work! Excited to see what else you release!
        Thanks for the appreciation of our work!
        We are planning to reskin all SK_ to the UE4 skeleton, but we do not plan to change the geometry of the armor for the Mannequin, because it has rather irregular, non-humanoid proportions, would that be enough for you? What character model are you using?

Comment

Originally posted by Alid0n View Post
          We've just updated our assets to version 2.0, which supports Male character from a Character Customizer
          Character Customizer - UE4 Marketplace

Now no animations retarget is needed, but its recommended by the CC Author.

And to celebrate this, we made a 30% discount on ROG Modular Medieval Accessories and Robes

The next update will be the reskin to native UE4 skeleton (mannequin proportions). But the geometry would stay as a default - Character Customization: Male

Comment

Greetings, do you plan to add support for female character from CC? Thanks.

Comment

Absolutely thrilled about this pack. I also would love to see female characters as soon as possible. Thank you for your great work here!
              Working on a game.

Comment

Originally posted by Medvega View Post
                Greetings, do you plan to add support for female character from CC? Thanks.
                Sorry for late response.
                Yes, we are planning it for the end of the year.
                Originally posted by FatBalloon View Post
                Absolutely thrilled about this pack. I also would love to see female characters as soon as possible. Thank you for your great work here!
                Thanks a lot!
                Adapting for female characters - are the next step with armor/accessories assets.

Comment

Hey AtlantGames,

I've been playing a lot with your packs and their quality is astonishing.

I'm using your packs along with Mesh Morpher so I can allow any character to wear armors and robes.

In the bellow picture I've created a Morph Target on one of the armors that will fit the armor on UE4 Mannequin

Mesh Morpher

Same process can be repeated to fit the armor on any character.

For cloth items it's better to bake the morph target into a copy of the skeletal mesh and modify cloth collision. For rigid items there's no need for that.

I hope you enjoy this kind of stuff and I didn't offend you by showcasing my own plugin.

Looking forward to grab more of your stuff.

Last edited by Yaki Studios; 10-10-2020, 01:05 AM.

Comment

Very nice plugin! <3

Comment

Originally posted by Yaki Studios View Post
                      Hey AtlantGames,

I've been playing a lot with your packs and their quality is astonishing.

I'm using your packs along with Mesh Morpher so I can allow any character to wear armors and robes.

In the bellow picture I've created a Morph Target on one of the armors that will fit the armor on UE4 Mannequin

Mesh Morpher

Same process can be repeated to fit the armor on any character.

For cloth items it's better to bake the morph target into a copy of the skeletal mesh and modify cloth collision. For rigid items there's no need for that.

I hope you enjoy this kind of stuff and I didn't offend you by showcasing my own plugin.

Looking forward to grab more of your stuff.

Hello!

We are very pleased that you like our assets.

And of course we take our hats off to your assets - they are really professional & useful!
                      It's great that your asset (Mesh Morpher) makes life easier for developers and allows to quickly adapt armor for other characters directly in UE4!

Our latest update (reskin for mannequin) along with your Mesh Morpher can save a lot of time for other users who want to use armor with not supported characters.

With your permission, we will add information about your asset and how it works in our documentation.

Comment

Originally posted by AtlantGames View Post

Hello!

We are very pleased that you like our assets.

And of course we take our hats off to your assets - they are really professional & useful!
                        It's great that your asset (Mesh Morpher) makes life easier for developers and allows to quickly adapt armor for other characters directly in UE4!

Our latest update (reskin for mannequin) along with your Mesh Morpher can save a lot of time for other users who want to use armor with not supported characters.

With your permission, we will add information about your asset and how it works in our documentation.
                        Sure. Please do add it to your documentation.

Thanks!

Comment

Using modular cloths and things like mesh morpher is great to setup characters, but once you also add animations, often cloths intersect with body meshes. Tried hiding bones but it also seems to affect child meshes. Has someone found a fix for this issue?
                          [LEGENDS of EPICATwitter / FB / YT / Vimeo discord.gg/saG3x4Y]

Comment

Originally posted by unit23 View Post
                            Using modular cloths and things like mesh morpher is great to setup characters, but once you also add animations, often cloths intersect with body meshes. Tried hiding bones but it also seems to affect child meshes. Has someone found a fix for this issue?
                            The solution would be to have the character created with individual body parts. When an item is equipped then the body part that gets covered should be hidden. This is the easiest approach in my opinion. if cloth intersects with other geometry, then perhaps adjusting cloth physics should fix it.
                            Last edited by Yaki Studios; 10-18-2020, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Yaki Studios View Post
                              When an item is equipped then the body part that gets covered should be hidden.
                              Well, if you hide the bone it also hides the equipped part.

[LEGENDS of EPICATwitter / FB / YT / Vimeo discord.gg/saG3x4Y]

Comment

Working...
                              X