No announcement yet.

Advanced Cel Shader Pack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thx for the answer, I definitely will use your ACS.

Hm, the new Image... looks good so far, a bit too much brown for me. ^^

Comment

Nice work! Looking forward to release.

My goal is to provide a cel shader capable of creating world-class, real-time artistic graphics normally associated with graphic novels and anime reminiscent of Jean Giraud and Studio Ghibli.
      Real-time anime-style graphics in UE would be awesome and is certainly possible.

My two favourites are:
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ni_no_Kuni, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biwIz8-EcSU
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guilty_Gear_Xrd, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_xYdKaIyNM

Guilty Gear Xrd is probably state of the art when it comes to real-time anime-style graphics and it was actually built in UE3.

If you or anyone else is interested in trying to achieve a similar style to Guilty Gear Xrd, I'd highly recommend reading the following forum post which contains a ton of technical information:
      http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121144

Comment

That can be any colour you like. The three controls are linear ramp-in distance, colour and overbrightness. It's amazing for setting the tone of a scene.

Comment

I have also improved the water shader. A still image won't do it justice!

Comment

Originally posted by Antidamage View Post
            That's a tricky one. Do you want one customer who pays $500 for a hero asset that covers their entire game, or 50 people at $10 a pop? I think most of the game industry leans towards the former as it's the same money but less work in support. I'm sort of the opposite and actually considered releasing it for free because I want it to be used, but in the end realised I have a monthly subscription-software budget I need to cover.

I think the price I chose is casually accessible but also places value on the assets. I'm a huge fan of the indie pricing model that's becoming available for software so in the end I targeted that.
            So... not $10
            iTween For UE4
            Procedural pathed animation for actors, components & UMG - $0
            Runtime DataTable
            DataTables dynamically loaded from text or Google Sheets while your game is running!
            easyCSV
            Fast, cheap, and accurate CSV parsing at runtime!

Comment

Straight up: $45. So closer to the bottom of the range than the top
              Last edited by Antidamage; 10-17-2014, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Wowza

I've got to be honest, I'm out. Excellent work on this that probably is worth $45, but I just can't justify it for myself. Time to get cracking on my own! Best of luck to you, amigo.
                iTween For UE4
                Procedural pathed animation for actors, components & UMG - $0
                Runtime DataTable
                DataTables dynamically loaded from text or Google Sheets while your game is running!
                easyCSV
                Fast, cheap, and accurate CSV parsing at runtime!

Comment

There's always the older, free version

I've found that the vast majority of what I consider "affordable" tools are in the $99-$250 range with assets being $20-80. I suspect the industry has found its price point and won't move away from that, even on the Unreal Engine marketplace.
                  Last edited by Antidamage; 10-17-2014, 04:43 PM.

Comment

$45?! It's nifty but I guess that's a little too much to justify for something which has been created in the forums already for free.
                    KITATUS
                    "Information shouldn't be behind a paywall, It should be free for all!"

Comment

^I'd love to see ANY sort of retort to that. Holy ****, man, that was great. Kudos.

Comment

For asset / texture packs I will try to stay withing the $10 - $50 range. For enhancement packs (shaders, plugins, etc..), $50 - $100. The reason being is that for asset packs, you typically may use them once or twice.. with enhancement packs, you typically use those ALOT (depending if you stick with the same style).
                        WIP: Science Project - A collection of middle school through advanced college level science theory and formula-based functions for use in your own projects
                        World Machine to UE4 Export Macro
                        WM Folder Generator - Creates a folder that you name with HeightMap, NormalMap, SplatMap, and Tile sub-folders

Comment

Originally posted by Antidamage
                          I kind of sound like a **** to be honest but we need to stick together. Brotherhood of developers.
                          No man, it was fine. Also, have you tried out the Quixel Suite yet? I really love their stuff, so I always get excited when I see other developers using their software.

Comment

Cheers

I use NDO a lot! I need to try the other tools but haven't really gotten around to it. I am extremely keen on the texture pack they're releasing eventually. How have you been finding it?
                            Last edited by Antidamage; 10-18-2014, 03:49 AM.

Comment

There's always room for video. Nvidia Shadowplay seems to desaturate it a lot though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JDmK57uRgk
                              Last edited by Antidamage; 07-13-2017, 07:36 AM. Reason: Broken link

Comment

Hi Antidamage!
                                I've sent you a private message.
                                I know I'm OT but I don't know if you receive notification pop-up or email notification of new PM

Comment

Working...
                                X