Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[RELEASED] Procedural Terrain Generator

Hi guys!

My Procedural Terrain Generator (PTG) plugin was released 10 days ago, it's my first plugin and I'm so proud of it

PTG is a Blueprint-friendly editor code plugin that allows you to apply different noise algorithms to create different terrain shapes with water, nature, and actors in just a few seconds. The PTG has an Actor that can be configured within the editor or via Blueprints. The main purpose of this plugin is to save a lot of work and time by procedurally creating different terrains in a matter of seconds.

You can watch a 2 minutes trailer/tutorial clicking here.
    And a plane terrain generation test here.

Please, ask any question you have and tell me what do you think about it. There are many questions already answered on the marketplace here and in the first video comments, take a look at them first.

Thanks to everyone who buys it, hope you like it! don't forget to post your creations with it, and rate it on the marketplace
    Last edited by Rockam; 03-04-2020, 10:46 AM.

Interesting product ! The 600 Sq meter demo video is very much a tease though.
    Any chance you'd upload a video showing a 1,000 Km spherical terrain / planet etc?

Comment

Bit of a question for you Rockam - Is there LOD support for the terrain? If not are there plans to add it?

Just curious

Comment

Originally posted by ClavosTech View Post
        Any chance you'd upload a video showing a 1,000 Km spherical terrain / planet etc?
        Wow that's an insanely huge planet for UE4, but I'll test it and try to do it! Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by HeadClot View Post
          Bit of a question for you Rockam - Is there LOD support for the terrain? If not are there plans to add it?

Just curious
          Hi HeadClot, I'm sorry but the terrain mesh has no LODs and I'm not planning to add it by now.

Comment

Originally posted by ClavosTech View Post
            For you!

Comment

I've also uploaded a looong extended tutorial from cratch, apologies in advance for my terrible english

Comment

Hey guys, I'm preparing an update for PTG with:

- Culling distance support for generated nature/actors, making generated terrains more lightweight to render.
                - Button that creates a static mesh from the generates terrain mesh.
                - Some minor optimizations.

Comment

Hi, version 1.1 has been released
                  These are the version notes:

- Improved algorithm for nature and actors generation, now is more accurate and optimized.
                  - Now, for each bioma element you can choose between 3 different types of rotation.
                  - Added Cull Distance property for the generated nature and actors, making its rendering more lightweight.
                  - Added support to create Static Mesh asset from generated terrain mesh.
                  - Debug messages system improved and expanded.
                  - Minor bug fixes and general optimizations.

Hope you enjoy the new stuff!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X