Polymodels Traffic Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[RELEASED] Polymodels Traffic Car

Polymodels Traffic Car - game ready solution for easy creation of vehicles traffic or prototyping your racing game. In a few simple steps the user will be able to create busy traffic for their next project, be it arch viz or a racing game. The assets included in the package (cars, traffic lights, traffic signs) together will create a realistic environment of streets, roads or racing track.

MARKETPLACE
    YOUTUBE PLAYLIST - demos, tutorials, trailers
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Clipboard10.jpg Views:	0 Size:	519.5 KB ID:	1705491

Click image for larger version  Name:	Clipboard20.jpg Views:	0 Size:	202.7 KB ID:	1705490

Click image for larger version  Name:	Clipboard11.jpg Views:	0 Size:	302.6 KB ID:	1705492

Features

Road traffic solution -

* traffic light manager

* master/slave traffic light modes

* road signs, speed limit, stop

* car avoidance system

* street and track spline builder blueprints

Spline follow modes -

* autonomous traffic car

* autonomous racing car

* first person driving

Animation blueprints -

* animated driver character

* animated steering wheel

Car special effects -

* car passing by effect

* engine sound effect

* skid mark effect

Car customisation -

* random or editable car registration number

* body colour, interior colour, glass, wheel materials

* car light system (headlights, stop, reverse, turn)

* rust effect for car body material

* decals - police, fire and ambulance emergency vehicle textures included

* mods - grill guard, roof rails and roof box, police lights included

* skid/drift and slope/hill control

* Rear view mirror

* Animated dashboard material with speedometer and tachometer

* Internal and external cameras with zooming and orbiting functionality

* Standard UE4 car setup

Number of Blueprints: 23

Input: Gamepad, Keyboard, Mouse

Supported Development Platforms: Desktop and mobile

Supported Target Build Platforms: Desktop and mobile

Platforms Tested: Windows, HTML5

Documentation: comments alongside blueprints and materials

Important/Additional Notes: Platforms Tested - Windows
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Polymodels.com; 01-12-2020, 07:36 AM.

Just got it and started diving into the blueprints. The amount of included detail features is really much appreciated and makes this template a good starting point in my view, thank you. Are you planning to re-release your former Cars packs for this? I'd be interested then.

Comment

Click image for larger versionName:	PolymodelsCarsBundleFree.jpgViews:	0Size:	67.1 KBID:	1722370

Thank you HaBe2305,
      The previous releases of the cars are prepared and ready for use with the new package. You could see the video here and download the Polymodels Cars Bundlle here for free. We have combined all the cars into one pack and added example levels, like in the Polymodels Traffic Car. The installation is very easy: download the archive and put the content of the archive into the Content folder of your project. Important note: your Content folder should have Polymodels Traffic Car inside so Polymodels Cars Bundle will work properly.
      Please let us know should you have any ideas or issues regarding the use or development of the Poymodels Traffic Car.

Best regards,
      Polymodels.com Team
      Last edited by Polymodels.com; 02-17-2020, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Polymodels.com Just wow for now. The amount of features and content with the additional free bundle for the price tag is amazing. Thank you very much for giving so much for so little. I also just got a spline based procedural road generation tool and while watching your videos, my first thought for improvement immediately was that creation for those lane splines the cars are following should be automated in some form. Since the roads I'm using are already based on a spline, that should be doable. I'll give it a try and let you know should I be able to achieve anything if you're interested. I'll also take notes for other possible improvements/additions and post them here then in case there's something I can think of. Thanks for being open to suggestions.

Comment

Thank you HaBe2305,
          we are certainly are open for suggestions to implement new features in the pack. As for the automated spline lane generation you mentioned, the original idea of the pack was that the user could use any tool available to make the splines to follow. It's definitely doable to make a blueprint which will make the roads and lanes automatically, as long as the user could explain what functionality is expected.

Comment

Polymodels.com Well, having a full fledged traffic simulator would certainly be for another asset and also a much higher price tag. But what would be nice to have in your asset as a starting helper and point of extension by the user would be some blueprint tool that generates a configurable amount of lane splines parallel to a selected center road spline (I'm using Snappy Roads tool right now for road creation which is also spline based). How those splines connect at crossings, intersections and how the AI reacts at these places is certainly up to the user to work out then. But I think a little helper like that would speed up the creation process by a fair amount when incorporating your traffic system into any spline based project setting, so it would be universal enough to be of use for anyone. Don't get me wrong, really just suggesting right now. I'm more than happy with what I already got from you.

Comment

I can't change the scale of the car when i add it to the Roadspline. The scale is returning to the default scale, is there a way to change the scale and keeping it when the car is added to the spline ?

Comment

Polymodels.com Do you have discord ?

Comment

Originally posted by Live000 View Post
                  I can't change the scale of the car when i add it to the Roadspline. The scale is returning to the default scale, is there a way to change the scale and keeping it when the car is added to the spline ?
                  Hello,
                  Generally it's not a good idea to change the scale of the actor blueprint with skeletal mesh in it. You will get the physics with unpredictable result. In the level blueprint and in the car blueprint there are a few functions that use the set actor transform which are return the actor scale to the 1,1,1. You can try to change these functions by yourself, at your risk, because the package doesn't have this functionality.
                  Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by Live000 View Post
                    Polymodels.com Do you have discord ?
                    No, we don't have the discord yet. We might add it later.

Comment

Working...
                    X