No announcement yet.

NodePrefabs - Fast access to common node configuration and heavily used nodes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[RELEASED] NodePrefabs - Fast access to common node configuration and heavily used nodes

Introduction
    NodePrefabs are Assets that hold the clipboard information of graph nodes and provides you with a neat SHIFT+RIGHTCLICK menu to access your prefabs. Only NodePrefabs that can be pasted into the current graph will be shown in the menu. It can be used in any GraphEditor (Blueprint, Material, Sound, Animation, BehaviorTree, ...).

Special: A NodePrefab that contains a single comment will behave as if placing a comment the usual way. That means it will also wrap around selected nodes.

thanks to Luos - Yoeri Vleer for the video

The examples are only examples! If you are placing down the same Nodes over and over again, doing the same configurations over and over again, then NodePrefabs is here to give you a smile.

Manual + Example
    Click image for larger version  Name:	NodePrefabExplanationText.png Views:	222 Size:	572.4 KB ID:	1719150

Marketplace
    https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...ct/nodeprefabs

FAQ
    Why use this when I can just use Blueprint Function Libraries and Macros?

Spoiler

Changelist

Spoiler
    Last edited by Rumbleball; 12-19-2020, 08:35 AM.
    NodePrefabs | PluginBuilder | NotificationBackbone | WidgetBox | DebugWidget

I'm happy to announce the release of the plugin. It is available for UE4.22+

Comment

Must have plugin for anybody who uses materials! (or bp's, sounds, anim bp's)

Comment

Version 1.1
        -Changed from STreeView to SGraphActionMenu. This change exposes the well known search bar to NodePrefabs. It can be toggled on/off in the editor settings.
        -Added editor setting for the default color for a NodePrefab
        -Drag&Drop. You can now drag and drop NodePrefabs into Graphs. The tooltip will tell you you can't but you can! (Graph must match the Prefab for sure). The placement of nodes works exactly the same as when spawned via the graph menu (single Comments will wrap selected nodes)
        -The asset is now located in miscellaneous category

Feature Requets:
        -A way to direct the plugin to a folder outside of the project so I can use these among multiple projects.
        Dropped. Did not try to implement it, but might cause lots of trouble, especially with source control and content management of the engine.
        -Keep the shift > rightclick tab open, so I dont have to re-open the category group each time.
        Instead the category expansion state should be saved. Got it working, but needed to drop it again for the search bar. SGraphActionMenu does not let me access the category items. I added a pull request to the engine but it was rejected without reason.
        Last edited by Rumbleball; 02-09-2020, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X