No announcement yet.

Button Prototype Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the demo, I can not open the lockbox without entering a code. How do you add protection against clicks on the lockbox itself? So I have to enter code and the lock box will open.

I try to create a similar scene here without success. Copied the same settings but lockbox can be clicked and opened without me having to enter code. The lockbox opens with the correct code otherwise but I want to prevent being able to click on the lockbox to open. Do not want anyone to cheat =)

See attach file for my settings:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	lockbox-problem.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	751.9 KB
ID:	1847366

Comment

The only thing I do not succeed with is the lock function. How can you prevent someone from clicking? I want to lock the lockbox completely so you can only use buttons etc.

Not just lockbox. I want to be able to lock the Barrier so you can not click on it. Just use the button to open it.

Very good asset! It makes it very easy for me. It's just frustrated that I do not manage to solve with lock function. I can only copy and paste from Demo Lockbox and it works fine but I want to learn me to lock myself.

Comment

Hi,
        The way you prevent activating a button depends on how you implemented the interaction.

What I did in the demo, is add a PKNoInteraction tag to button prototype actors I do not want to be clickable:
        Click image for larger version  Name:	tag1.png Views:	0 Size:	383.6 KB ID:	1849378

And then, in the PKFirstPersonCharacter, in the Get Valid Hit Stateful Actor,

Click image for larger version  Name:	tag2.png Views:	0 Size:	33.2 KB ID:	1849379

I exclude actors that have the PKNoInteraction tag.

Click image for larger version  Name:	tag3.png Views:	0 Size:	54.6 KB ID:	1849380

I hope this helps,

Have a great day,
        PK

Comment

Thank you for reply. It solved my problem with your help.

Now I wonder if I create a blueprint actor as a spawn when I have built three items together, the BP_Final appears in the scene and in it I want a trigger box to trigger the buttons. Is there a good way to do it?

I need trigger box inside blueprint actor to trigger the buttons. I tried it but listen to can not find that trigger inside blueprint actor. It only finds what is in the project and not inside the blueprint actor.

Comment

Hi,
            So, the ListenTo array from ObserveReact is per Actor Instance. That is so you can have one actor blueprint, and multiple actor blueprint instances in your map, and each actor instance listens/reacts to a different list of actors.

Of course, you can manually add items to this array in your blueprint. There are several examples in the Demo Map, where I added items to ListenTo Array. Please take a look at these puzzles:
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-01-12 180644.png
Views:	9
Size:	730.8 KB
ID:	1851807

but, from what I understand from your post, you just want to trigger a button.

So what you could do, is simply call PK_DoAction(NextState) on that button, from your trigger. You can inspect how this Collision Action Triggers are programmed in blueprints.

Let me know if this helps.

Comment

Working...
            X