Button Prototype Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SUPPORT] Button Prototype Kit

This is the support thread for the Button Prototype Kit asset. You can find the release post here.

Please write here all the problems you encountered, and all the improvements you would like me to make to this asset.

Thank you.
    Last edited by PuzzleKit; 12-17-2019, 03:47 AM.

After the last update to support 4.24, a few samples in the demo level were broken.

They are now fixed, but the version is in the Pending File Update state in the marketplace.

Please update the package once the new code is available.

Comment

Hello! Thank you for this wonderfully flexible system! I'm doing my best to learn how to use it properly at the moment via your excellent documentation at https://puzzlekitassets.gitlab.io/ue...prototype-doc/

I am finding it a little advanced for my Blueprint skills right now though, so I wondered if you could advise me a little.

Using Button Prototype Kit, how would you recommend implementing the following:
      • A simple dynamic light that listens to one or more buttons to enable / disable the light actor
      • A modified animation behavior that scales an object rather than moving it or rotating it
      • Correctly access the current state from within a child BP (eg, in order to add additional graph functions into one particular actor that is a child or grandchild of the prototype BP)
      I think current my solutions are probably very poorly implemented (hacky) and don't make proper use of the clever design on the prototype button.

Comment

Hi,

Thank you for your review.

First of all, I believe everything you want to do, can be easily achieved with this asset, so thank you for choosing it.

A simple dynamic light that listens to one or more buttons to enable / disable the light actor

A modified animation behavior that scales an object rather than moving it or rotating it
        • This is something I did not think about, but, is definitely possible. You can tackle it in multiple ways:
          • the quickest way will be to directly modify the BP_PK_ButtonPrototype, specifically the MoveLerp function (that is called on the AnimateHandle event).
          • another way is to actually subscribe to the state change event, and change the scale as desired. Maybe the new light switch example will help, or, maybe a look at the Blueprints/Presets/Display/BP_PK_DisplayBase.

Correctly access the current state from within a child BP (eg, in order to add additional graph functions into one particular actor that is a child or grandchild of the prototype BP)
        • If you created a child blueprint class, you already have access to PK_HandleOwnStateChanged and PK_HandleOwnChangeFailure events. I believe that is the place you should add your logic.

If you need more information, please reach me at the support email address, with the exact flow you want to implement, and all the problems you may have, and I will answer, in detail, as soon as possible.

Have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by PuzzleKit View Post
          Hi,
          This is wonderful! Thank you so much for your efforts! Your light example makes everything a lot clearer to me! I'll experiment with the scale animation too. I'm not sure where to find the support email address, can you please point me in the right direction?

Comment

Thank you for your kind words.

You can find the support email on my marketplace profile page: https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...file/PuzzleKit

Comment

Working...
            X