Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Legal Question on educational content

Greetings!

Suppose I want to buy content from the Marketplace, to make a small game. Then make a full tutorial on how it was done from scratch, and sell it on the Marketplace (videos and full project source). Is this allowed?

I've already read the business terms, but find the above a bit tricky. Any help is appreciated.
    Last edited by LordNyte; 09-13-2014, 10:36 AM.
    Hamad Al-Hasan
    Gameplay Programmer / Technical Artist
    Portfolio: www.alhasanstudio.com

Originally posted by Epic
    All items sold are non-transferable, and users cannot sub-license the content for further redistribution, whether or not they have modified it. Users cannot buy your content and then distribute it to other developers to use in other projects, for example by listing it on the Marketplace or another store themselves.
    Sounds like a no to me.

Comment

The default answer is no. You can use other developers' Marketplace content for making games, but not for making content for sale to other developers for development (even a tutorial).

Of course, you can talk to the developers of the Marketplace content you want to use, and ask for their explicit permission to allow you to do this. If you have their permission, then it's OK.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Sweeney View Post
        The default answer is no. You can use other developers' Marketplace content for making games, but not for making content for sale to other developers for development (even a tutorial).

Of course, you can talk to the developers of the Marketplace content you want to use, and ask for their explicit permission to allow you to do this. If you have their permission, then it's OK.
        Got it! Thanks.
        Hamad Al-Hasan
        Gameplay Programmer / Technical Artist
        Portfolio: www.alhasanstudio.com

Comment

Working...
        X