No announcement yet.

Email Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Dogū I'll look into this right away and get back to you. During my testing I was able to package in 4.25 so that's weird.
    DownToCode Website

VR Debug Plugin - Debug your VR game/application inside VR

Email Plugin - Send emails from one email address to another.

FREE VR Content Examples - A bunch of VR examples to get you started and for free.

Comment

Hi Dogū I have just tested the plugin by downloading it for 4.25 from the marketplace and I didn't get any errors. I managed to packaged and run the app with no issues.
      Looking at the errors you are getting I found this link in which somebody comments this "You're using VS 2017, however latest AirSim requires 2019 version. Please see https://microsoft.github.io/AirSim/build_windows/ for details and try again
      Thanks!"

I do have installed on my machine Visual Studio 2017 and 2019 and I do work in 2019. This doesn't make much sense to me as then you would get the same issue on previous versions.
      Could you provide more details on how you are using the plugin?
      • Are you working in a blueprint only or C++ project?
      • Is the plugin installed directly through the launcher or did you copy the plugin into the project's folder?
      • What does your testing look like? Do you just add a send email node or do you use the example map from the plugin?
      DownToCode Website

FREE VR Content Examples - A bunch of VR examples to get you started and for free.

Comment

DownToCode Thanks again for your quick and helpful response.

Short answer is that it worked! Installed VS 2019 and recompiled and cooked and voila, packaged.

Strange though as it worked fine in the project for 4.24. I was installing the plugin from the Epic Launcher rather than copying and pasting.
        It was a C++ project. I use added nodes into my menu BP. Even with VS 2019 installed I still can't click on the node and see it in VS studio. It says it can't find the file, but it works and it now packages, so whatever.

Again, thank you. A+ Dev in my opinion. Have a great weekend.
        Last edited by Dogū; 05-17-2020, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Hi Dogū thats great, glad you got it to work. So what made no sense to me was the answer

Any other issues I can help with just let me know.
          DownToCode Website

Comment

Hi DownToCode !

I would want to continue a conversation we started through the Questions of your Email tool form the Marketplace:

Hi!

It seems that it can be useful for me for an upcoming project, but I have a few questions, please:
            Do I need to configure an SMTP, so to send an email, the plugin "connects" to my SMTP account and send the message to the receipt account? Or Do I only need the receipt account and the emil will be send?
            I'm going to create a "game" inside an external server, so it (the "game") will be accesed remotely in streaming. Will the system still work?
            I want to send emails without any form. I simply want to send emails "hiddenly", directly from blueprints, to a fixed email address. The purpose is to receive in my email address some statistics and variables values (in string format) after the user's session. Would it be possible?

Thank you and best regards!

Latest Answer from Publisher

By DownToCode on May 1, 2020 10:53 AM - Edited on May 1, 2020 10:54 AM

Was this answer helpful?

Hi, the plugin would definitely work for you.

You would need two email addresses to achieve the final result, one is used to send the email and the other to receive it. For this scenario a normal Gmail account will work. You will have to setup the Gmail account (only for sending) to allow sending emails using the plugin (tutorials on all functionalities and setup process included, both written and video).

Unless you are sending many emails continuously you don't need the custom SMTP server but if you do you can easily use Amazon SES which is fully supported and tested.

The only thing I would say about running this on the server is that it will work as long as you make sure that the right ports are open and that the server process is allowed to perform certain actions. This will all be specific to where you'll run the server I guess. Also, the plugin doesn't support Linux right now so if you plan to deploy the server on Linux let me know and I can look into adding Linux support.

Well, I would ask you if, please, you could make a very simple demo project to replicate whot I was asking for: a simple project to execute it, a widget to enter an email address (destination), and press a button to send the email. (Or more complex, if you want, as a widget where you would need to enter the sender email and gmail configuration, as you told me, and the destination email). With this example project, I (and others) could be able to test it in some PCs and in some remote servers from where I will stream my "game", so I can be more or lees sure if it can work in most of cases, without ports configurations, or if it usually would need ports and firewall configurations.

In addition I'm thinking on your tool as a anti-piracy tool! So it would be useful that same behaviour too. I want that, when the user opens the "game", he will receive an unique email with unique information (procedurally generated) to start using the "game", so you would help me for this great purpose too.

Thank you very much and best regards!
            Miguel
            RTX RayTracing easy global settings tweaker

Advanced HDRi background tool + 64 HDR images

Comment

Hi Miguel1900 I'm happy to continue the conversation. Unless I am misunderstanding something, what you are asking is an example project in which you can test the Email Plugin functionalities. On the Email Plugin marketplace page, you will find two links to the example projects you can download. One is for Windows and the other one is for Android. The example project allows you to test all the functionalities of the plugin (every single one), and it does exactly what you are asking for.

Since you are saying that you will be hosting your game on a server and stream it I'd assume you'll be using Pixel Streaming which is only supported on Windows. In that case, the example project from the marketplace page will be perfect for testing a windows server.

Regarding my tool as an anti-piracy tool, I'm totally lost. What do you mean exactly?

DownToCode
              DownToCode Website

Comment

Originally posted by DownToCode View Post
                Hi Miguel1900 I'm happy to continue the conversation. Unless I am misunderstanding something, what you are asking is an example project in which you can test the Email Plugin functionalities. On the Email Plugin marketplace page, you will find two links to the example projects you can download. One is for Windows and the other one is for Android. The example project allows you to test all the functionalities of the plugin (every single one), and it does exactly what you are asking for.

Since you are saying that you will be hosting your game on a server and stream it I'd assume you'll be using Pixel Streaming which is only supported on Windows. In that case, the example project from the marketplace page will be perfect for testing a windows server.

Regarding my tool as an anti-piracy tool, I'm totally lost. What do you mean exactly?

DownToCode
                Thanks DownToCode !

I saw the demo project and it worked fine on my local machine when I tested it. I supossed (I don't know why), that certain demo project wasn't useful to test this certain case, but I will try it then!

About anti-piracy better to forget it, haha. I have thought again about it but I think now it hasn't a lot of future.

As told, I will try it as soon as I have some free minutes, thanks again!
                RTX RayTracing easy global settings tweaker

Advanced HDRi background tool + 64 HDR images

Comment

Hi, Miguel1900 great to hear that the example worked fine on your local machine. The example project will be good enough in your case since you will be using pixel streaming and the instance you'd run on the server it's just a normal packaged instance that streams it's rendered content using the pixel streaming plugin. Let me know how it goes when you get around testing this.
                  DownToCode Website

Comment

Working...
                  X