No announcement yet.

Email Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Ing_Ferri sorry to hear you are having trouble compiling for Android. Somebody else had issues with compiling for Android and was getting exactly the same error. After investigating this myself, I have found out that due to some limitations of how plugins work in UE4 for Android you can't package unless you place the plugin into the project folder and your project must be a C++ project.

So what you have to do it's the following:
    1. Convert your project into a C++ project. This can be done by simply adding a single actor C++ class to your project and compiling. If the project doesn't compile you may need to install visual studio on your machine.
    2. Go to your [EngineFolder]/Engine/Plugins/Marketplace copy the EmailPlugin folder and place it inside the [ProjectName]/Plugins folder. If the Plugins folder doesn't exist then create it.
    if you have successfully done the above then the project will now package the plugin correctly for Android. If you need more assistance let me know either here or on discord and I will help you.
    DownToCode Website

VR Debug Plugin - Debug your VR game/application inside VR

Email Plugin - Send emails from one email address to another.

FREE VR Content Examples - A bunch of VR examples to get you started and for free.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your plugin, it seems to do most of what i want from it.
      But i have a few problems.

1. It doesn't seems to do well with some characters
      "é" shows "è"
      I think that it comes from the email header Content-Type (Content-Type: text/html; charset="UTF-8")

2. I can't send more than one attachment.
      I have 0.png and 1.png in the array, but it only send 1.png (the last index)

3. I would like to change the name of the attached file.
      Since i have to give the full path of the file it seems to use all that path as the name.
      The best would be for it to use only the last part. For C:/MyProject/0.png it should name the file 0.png

4. I use custom SMPT and it would be great if i could hide the password like with make email details

Comment

Hi Pierre.W

Thanks for purchasing the plugin and sorry to hear you are having a few issues. Nothing to worry about though I will try my best to fix all of them. I have added all of the issues/bugs point to my to-do list/bugs list.

As a quick reply to each:
        1. That's right the charset is UTF-8, I should be able to expose a variable either on the nodes or somewhere else to change the encoding.
        2. That sounds 100% like a bug you should be able to send as many as you want. Thanks for reporting it.
        3. That's something I actually already tried to solve and didn't succeed. If I recall well it was something I didn't have much control over. I will still try to look again into it though and see if with a fresh eye I cam find a solution.
        4. That should be totally possible I will just create a new node that works with a custom SMTP server and can accept the output of the make email details node.

I don't know what's the timeline on this as I could easily solve all of them in one evening or they could take me longer. I will keep you updated as I solve each issue.
        DownToCode Website

FREE VR Content Examples - A bunch of VR examples to get you started and for free.

Comment

Hi Pierre.W

Surprisingly I have actually managed to fix all the 4 issues you were having pretty easily and actually fixed an extra one I discovered. I just uploaded the updated version which will be available within a few days/within a week depending on the guys at epic speed in reviewing the update.

I will let you know when the update went live.

EDITED: Actually I just remembered that I didn't need to fix the multiple images being sent as that works fine for me. I can send multiple attachments and they all get delivered with the email. What I think it's probably happening for you is that the file does not actually exist when you send the email or you are providing the wrong path. What I would do is using the "DoesFileExist" node to make sure that all the files you are sending exists on disk before attempting to send the email. Also (and you are probably already doing this, but worth saying it) the path expected for the files is always an absolute path.
          Last edited by DownToCode; 02-18-2020, 06:41 PM.
          DownToCode Website

Comment

Well, I don't know exactly how but the guys at epic were real fast and accepted my update almost instantly which is awesome. Update 1.3 if officially available right now.
            Pierre.W let me know if you can see all of your issues solved with this new version and if you need help debugging the attachments only being one issue.
            DownToCode Website

Comment

Thanks for your quick work.

I checked and everything seems good.

1. I can use UTF-8 chars (éèà ...)
              2. As you said the bug came from me. I create the file in the same time as i send the email, and the first one wasn't created yet when the mail was sent. I added a delay and i now have 2 attached files
              3. Good job, the files are named 0.png and 1.png (and not the full path name). I think the best would be to be able to specify the name, but it's enough for me.
              4. Tested and it works.

One last question (but it's not important). Is it possible to add other receiver. For now i have to send 2 emails if i have 2 recipient. It's not a big deal, but when the attached file is large it double the time.

Again thank you for your work.

Comment

Hi Pierre.W

Glad to hear everything works as expected

I have already been asked to add a functionality that allows specifying multiple receivers and so far I have been reluctant in implementing it since I don't want the plugin to be misused (like sending spams). I obviously don't mean that you would do such a thing. One thing I have been considering is to add support for CC other email addresses but I'm not sure about this solution either. If the issue is dealing with sending large files attached to multiple emails then there may be other solutions that I could implement, I will keep you updated on this.
                DownToCode Website

Comment

Hi everyone,

Just so you know I have finished updating the documentation so that it reflects all the latest changes in the plugin.
                  DownToCode Website

Comment

Working...
                  X