No announcement yet.

Email Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am developing a simulator for training purposes. At the end of the activity, I'm using your plug-in to send the scores to the instructor's email and the student's email. I work with other distance training software and this feature is widely used by people.

Comment

Hi rubaumvibe, I will consider the addition of sending emails to multiple people but I can't promise anything. Though as I said I found myself working on a project where I had similar requirements and have easily put together a way of looping through a list of emails using a DoN coupled with the Send Email node to send email to multiple people. Let me know if you'd need help with that.
      DownToCode Website

VR Debug Plugin - Debug your VR game/application inside VR

Email Plugin - Send emails from one email address to another.

FREE VR Content Examples - A bunch of VR examples to get you started and for free.

Comment

VERSION 1.1 IS LIVE

The new version is out and ready to be downloaded.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Version1.1.PNG
Views:	82
Size:	222.1 KB
ID:	1695840

If anybody has any issues or sees something funny happening just let me know please report it either here or on discord.

Have a good day boys and girls
        DownToCode Website

FREE VR Content Examples - A bunch of VR examples to get you started and for free.

Comment

4.24 VERSION SUBMITTED

For those interested, I just managed to solve an issue I had with 4.24 and the Email Plugin and have submitted the 4.24 plugin version.

As soon as the latest engine release version is live I will let you know.

Have a great day
          DownToCode Website

Comment

4.24 OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE

Go and grab the latest boys and girls as 4.24 is now live.

One thing I just found out is that code plugins can only support the latest 3 versions so I can't update version 4.21 and you are required to update to the latest version. This means that 4.21 is still available but doesn't have all the latest changes.
            DownToCode Website

Comment

Hi! Great plugin and works well so far.

Do you think it would be possible to update it to include an option to use the Amazon SES SMTP interface?

I'd like to use Amazon SES, as there are no sending limits in the far off chance my project becomes popular. Its a photography adventure game and I want users to be able to email themselves photos, but use one global email as the default so they don't have to input their information and deal with adding third party passwords to make it easier on the user.

I did try setting up a pass through email through another gmail account, that uses amazon ses STMP and acts as the default for that gmail account. It works and sends messages through Amazon SES, but whenever I send an email through the plugin, it does not go through the STMP, and goes through gmail instead. Maybe I'm going about it the wrong way....
              Last edited by Dogū; 01-24-2020, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Hi, great to hear that the plugin works well :-)

Which node are you using to send emails?
                if you are using the SendEmail or SendEmail (Email Details Object) nodes then I guess it wouldn't work as you can only select the three default email services (SMTP servers) Gmail, Outlook and Yahoo. Since the last update, I added a new SendEmail (Custom SMTP Server) which allows specifying any SMTP server. You should be able to do what you described using that node.

If you are already using that node then I will have to look into it as maybe there is something else that needs to be done.
                DownToCode Website

Comment

I did not see that option in the pdf. Sorry! I did just try it and its not working. There is no user name input, I tried using the sender name for it instead but no luck. It does take a good 15 seconds to fail so its doing something...I have to run to work, but I'll take another shot at it this weekend.

edit. Amazon SES is free to start up and if you stay in sandbox mode there are no charges. If that helps in testing it...

edit 2: yeah, its not working. I feel like the problem is there is no STMP username field.
                  Last edited by Dogū; 01-25-2020, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Just checking and seeing if you have plans to update it or tell me what I might be doing wrong. Custom STMP server doesn't seem to work without a STMP username field.

Comment

Hi Dogü sorry to get back to you a bit late but I have been crazy busy. Thanks for letting me know that the Amazon SES it's free to start up with. I will be testing this tomorrow and see if I can get it running.

If an extra field for an STMP username is required I will definitely make the changes and update the plugin.
                      DownToCode Website

Comment

Hi Dogū

I have looked into this deeply and you were right in assuming that what was missing was a dedicated field for the username. Actually the field has always been there but it was normally automatically filled by the email address itself since the login process was done using the email address as the username. I have exposed a new property on the SendEmail (Custom SMTP) node that's called Username.

If you don't specify the Username the login defaults to using the email address as the username, however, if you specify a username it then gets used for services such as Amazon SES. One thing I struggled with (since I had no idea of how to use Amazon SES, you may already know about this) is that if you want to send emails using a specific email address already verified on Amazon SES to another email address you still must verify also the recipient email address IF you are in sandbox. If you don't do so you'll get an error that reads something like bad body message.
                        I have found out about this here.

I am preparing a new version to release and this may take some time (the marketplace guys need to review it and accept it) so if you are confident with modifying the source code of the plugin, all you have to do is adding a username FString in the SendEmail(Custom SMTP) node inside the function library pass that into the FSendEmail latent class constructor and use it as "mail.SetLogin = username" replacing its previous use.

Once the plugin has been updated you should use the node as in the image below:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	66
Size:	139.0 KB
ID:	1716230

I will let you know as soon as the plugin update is available.
                        DownToCode Website

Comment

Awesome. Thank you! I did know about the verified email thing....So glad you got it working, and I think it will definitely help other customers down the road once they find out the sending limits of gmail and yahoo.
                          I didn't mean to rush you and I will wait for the update. Cheers.

Comment

Dogū no problem at all and you didn't rush me, it's just that weekends are really a good time for me to look into this kind of things. Anyway, the update is live let me know if you need help either here or on the discord channel.
                            DownToCode Website

Comment

It works. Thank you so much!

Comment

Hi to everyone!
                                I've an issue building for android arm64: my device send me this error: "Plugin 'EmailPlugin' failed to load because module 'EmailPlugin' could not be found". How can I solve this? I've not too much experience.

Thanks in advance

Comment

Working...
                                X