Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pak File Loader Plugin

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    No idea what went wrong there. The message says there are invalid characters ":"?

    Comment


      #32
      Originally posted by BlueMountainsIO View Post
      No idea what went wrong there. The message says there are invalid characters ":"?
      Ty good sir, its working now.

      Comment


        #33
        HOW to load LevelMap.pak??

        Comment


          #34
          Hello,

          I'm trying to load a simple level with the plugin but It does not work and I can't figured why. I've downloaded the sample project and It works well, however when I tried to reproduce it step by step (and building with the instructions described in the documentation) in my project in order to load a level, it seems like the loading failed but I have no error reported by the plugin (I've checked the output of "IsValidPakFile", "MountPakFile" and "IsPackagedBuild" and all of the of them returns true). Does anyone have a solution or an idea to help ?
          Last edited by Pangolin806; 12-09-2019, 12:39 PM.

          Comment


            #35
            Did you open the level with the OpenLevel function? Pangolin806

            Comment


              #36
              I have 3 Questions:

              1. Can you load maps with this?
              2. Can you make a progress loading bar?
              3. Does it run on Android? (For Oculus Quest)

              Really want to try this and integrate it today,

              Thank you!!

              Comment


                #37
                Originally posted by RealAero View Post
                I have 3 Questions:

                1. Can you load maps with this?
                2. Can you make a progress loading bar?
                3. Does it run on Android? (For Oculus Quest)

                Really want to try this and integrate it today,

                Thank you!!
                1. This isn't a map loader, it's a pak loader. So, using OpenLevel should work fine: https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...vel/index.html
                2. The pak mounting is synchronous as I far as I know. It's almost instant for what I've noticed during testing.
                3. Tested it on Windows x64 only, as advertised on the store page.

                Comment


                  #38
                  Originally posted by BlueMountainsIO View Post

                  1. This isn't a map loader, it's a pak loader. So, using OpenLevel should work fine: https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...vel/index.html
                  2. The pak mounting is synchronous as I far as I know. It's almost instant for what I've noticed during testing.
                  3. Tested it on Windows x64 only, as advertised on the store page.
                  Thank you, I appreciate the quick response!

                  As far as Question 2: I meant a progress bar for downloading the PAK files, not loading/using assets.

                  Thank you

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Hey BlueMountainsIO
                    My problem was due to a dumb typo (and I spent way too much hours on it XD), it works well now.
                    But thanks for your help.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X