Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[PLUGIN] DynamicNode - Very large animation plugin(Locomotion,Swimm,Flying,Ragdoll,IK,CCDIK,LookAt)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, this looks incredible. I love that you are planning to add a climbing system, is this the next feature in the development tree? Also, would be difficult for to combine DynamicNode with other character controller assets? For example: https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...pe-swing-climb. I'm also wondering about ladder climbing?

and daveSchoneveld, nice work on the documentation and thanks for sharing!
    Last edited by muchogrande; 04-12-2020, 11:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by muchogrande View Post
      Wow, this looks incredible. I love that you are planning to add a climbing system, is this the next feature in the development tree? Also, would be difficult for to combine DynamicNode with other character controller assets? For example: https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...pe-swing-climb. I'm also wondering about ladder climbing?

and daveSchoneveld, nice work on the documentation and thanks for sharing!
      No, that’s not so difficult. Moreover, the plugin has many functions that help you easily make your own custom types of movement.
      In this case, all animations are assigned directly at the moment when you change the state. Suppose you jumped on a rope, you need to play 2 animations end of the jump -> idle. For this, there are Functions in the plugin:
      Click image for larger version  Name:	Anims.png Views:	0 Size:	117.8 KB ID:	1745158

you need to call these functions with a priority above 0. Priorities are like levels of processing animations, animations with a low priority will not start while playing animations with a higher priority
      If you are moving along a rope, you call these same functions upon the fact of movement.
      And then when you need to come back - let's say you jump from a rope - you just return to 0 priority by calling the function: ReleaseAnimStack

Comment

Hello, is there a version for UE 4.25 available already?

Comment

Hi, can I ask, would it be possible to do mantling with this system? I would like to reproduce the behaviour from ALS4. Thanks!

Comment

Hello again, sorry to ask again but it's quite urgent: is there a version of the plugin for UE 4.25 available?

Comment

Originally posted by JonnyDotNet View Post
              Hi, can I ask, would it be possible to do mantling with this system? I would like to reproduce the behaviour from ALS4. Thanks!
              Yes, Of course you can. Just use the Play Animation(Multi) functions, with a priority of more than 0. And when you need to return to the main processing, just call DN_ReleaseAnimationsStack
              Last edited by anadre; 05-05-2020, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by a.cartellone View Post
                Hello again, sorry to ask again but it's quite urgent: is there a version of the plugin for UE 4.25 available?
                Hello. I will try to send 25 version of the plugin to the Epic this weekend.

Comment

Hey there anadre !
                  Thanks for the great work, I'm a fresh (40 year old) game dev. I'll be asking too many questions soon

First one being, were you able to make it to 4.25? It's just 4.25 is overwhelmingly better. Since you mentioned you'll make it a reality last week, I was wondering if there's an ETA on it?

Best.

Comment

Originally posted by Halbuni View Post
                    Hey there anadre !
                    Thanks for the great work, I'm a fresh (40 year old) game dev. I'll be asking too many questions soon

First one being, were you able to make it to 4.25? It's just 4.25 is overwhelmingly better. Since you mentioned you'll make it a reality last week, I was wondering if there's an ETA on it?

Best.
                    Hello. I got a little sick(I have this new virus, but thank God it's not a severe form). 25th version is ready
                    Last edited by anadre; 05-22-2020, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by anadre View Post

Hello. I got a little sick(I have this new virus, but thank God it's not a severe form). 25th version is ready
                      holly shi - dude
                      i hope u get well soon

Comment

Working...
                      X