Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[PLUGIN] DynamicNode - Very large animation plugin(Locomotion,Swimm,Flying,Ragdoll,IK,CCDIK,LookAt)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gotgrassct View Post
    I'm getting an error... Wrong Index in hain (chain?) HandIndex = 0
    Are you using a standard Unreal mannequin? Does it have LODS?

Comment

Also, could you send me a screenshot of the Anim graph, how is the DynamicNode connected there?

If you are using ALS, then it should look something like this
      Click image for larger version  Name:	1111.jpg Views:	0 Size:	85.1 KB ID:	1707378

Also, this error may not affect the operation of the algorithm as a whole, because it is called in InitializeBoneReferences, and this function is often called more than once, and perhaps the algorithm passes initialization

If all else fails, write me tomorrow, I will make it work) - European time is already night
      Last edited by anadre; 01-11-2020, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Is it possible to get a EXE compiled example to test out how it looks and RESPONSE to inputs ? Im looking for something that will help create FPS melee weapons system.

Comment

Originally posted by AngeIV View Post
          Is it possible to get a EXE compiled example to test out how it looks and RESPONSE to inputs ? Im looking for something that will help create FPS melee weapons system.
          Write me on my email pls detereny86@gmail.com

Comment

Hello, is there a way to get the legs of quadrupeds to remain vertical when on slopes?Click image for larger version  Name:	WantedIK.png Views:	0 Size:	3.1 KB ID:	1712284

Comment

Originally posted by a.cartellone View Post
              Hello, is there a way to get the legs of quadrupeds to remain vertical when on slopes?Click image for larger version Name:	WantedIK.png Views:	0 Size:	3.1 KB ID:	1712284
              Hello!
              Try this:
              DN_SetAltAlgorithmLegsIK(1)
              but I'm not sure if this will help.
              In principle, if so nedeed, I can add this feature to the next version of the plugin
              Last edited by anadre; 01-23-2020, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Hi Anadre, thank you for the reply. I tried DN_SetAltAlgorithmLegsIK(1) but it didn't have much of an effect on the angle of the legs. Having quadruped legs remain vertical would definitely be a feature I would be interested in, especially if it has some parameters to let the legs align somewhere in between vertical and the surface normal. When would you be able to add this?
                Last edited by a.cartellone; 01-24-2020, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Hi Anadre, thank you for the reply. I tried DN_SetAltAlgorithmLegsIK(1) but it didn't have much of an effect on the angle of the legs. Having quadruped legs remain vertical would definitely be a feature I would be interested in, especially if it has some parameters to let the legs align somewhere in between vertical and the surface normal. When would you be able to add this?
                  I think for the next version, which will be very soon - I will add this feature

I will add 2 functions:
                  1) Offset from the position of the foot, regarding what, we will rotate the leg (in Component Space) - just Set once.
                  Of course, I myself could calculate the upper leg bone, but this approach will give more flexibility

2) Alpha - so you can choose your desired value(It's like the difference between your pictures, 0 - 1)

The rotation of the leg itself will occur automatically of course, depending on the tilt of the surface

And these values can be changed in Runtime
                  You can also customize each leg separately.
                  Last edited by anadre; 01-25-2020, 04:53 PM.

Comment

I just got the DynamicNode Plugin and, after enabling the plugin and restarting, I tried to create an animation BP for just the basic third person starter project. Anyway, as soon as I connect the dynamicnode node to the state machine and compile, Unreal crashes. This is the error log I get:

LoginId:591eb25346e3ac93ba515b983dc9ba42
                    EpicAccountId:dc9c6d2ad1e3442b9938b85f35f7d56c

Unhandled exception

UE4Editor_DynamicNode!DynamicNodeError() [d:\build\++portal+dev-marketplace+full\sync\localbuilds\plugintemp\hostproject\plugins\dynamicnode\source\dynamicnode\private\dynamicnodeutility.cpp:159]
                    UE4Editor_DynamicNode!FAnimNode_CPPDynamic::Update_AnyThread() [d:\build\++portal+dev-marketplace+full\sync\localbuilds\plugintemp\hostproject\plugins\dynamicnode\source\dynamicnode\private\animmultinodeinstanceproxy.cpp:16755]
                    UE4Editor_Engine
                    UE4Editor_Engine
                    UE4Editor_Engine
                    UE4Editor_Engine
                    UE4Editor_Engine
                    UE4Editor_Engine
                    UE4Editor_UnrealEd
                    UE4Editor_UnrealEd
                    UE4Editor_Kismet
                    UE4Editor_Kismet
                    UE4Editor_UnrealEd
                    UE4Editor_Kismet
                    UE4Editor_AnimationBlueprintEditor
                    UE4Editor_Kismet
                    UE4Editor_Slate
                    UE4Editor_Slate
                    UE4Editor_Slate
                    UE4Editor_Slate
                    UE4Editor_Slate
                    UE4Editor_Slate
                    UE4Editor_Slate
                    UE4Editor_Slate
                    UE4Editor_ApplicationCore
                    user32
                    user32
                    UE4Editor
                    UE4Editor
                    UE4Editor
                    UE4Editor
                    UE4Editor
                    kernel32
                    ntdll
                    What's going on?

Comment

Originally posted by twbic View Post
                      I just got the DynamicNode Plugin and, after enabling the plugin and restarting, I tried to create an animation BP for just the basic third person starter project. Anyway, as soon as I connect the dynamicnode node to the state machine and compile, Unreal crashes. This is the error log I get:

What's going on?
                      Hello!
                      Please use the version 4_24 - it is more stable at the moment. And there with this error there will be no crash.
                      This error occurs for this reason:
                      "You Can use the Dynamic Node Only with the AnimMultiNodeInstance_DN, please create a new AnimationBlueprint derived from the AnimMultiNodeInstance_DN, Or you can use ReparentBlueprint"

Also, please see the tutorial 1 part. In the video in the first seconds it is said about it
                      Last edited by anadre; 01-28-2020, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Hello, how can I see what trace channel is being used for IK and how can I change it?

Comment

Hello, how can I see what trace channel is being used for IK and how can I change it?
                          Hello.
                          Current Channel - Visibility
                          But I added the ability to choose a channel - in the next update (I think I’ll send to the Epic on Monday-Tuesday)

Comment

Version 1.1 has been released, please update the plugin and download a new demo project - there you will see a lot of interesting things.
                            bit.ly/DN_Demo24_1

Comment

Hello again, I've updated to the latest version of the plugin, but it seems to no longer be working on my quadruped character. It was working with the previous version, but not on this one.

What I have is a character inheriting fro DNCharacter, with DN_SetupLegsIKAnimal called in the BeginPlay (Root Legs Pairs are set up with the proper names of bones and sockets), all settings are default.
                              In my Anim blueprint (which inherits from Anim_Multi_Node_Instance_DN), I have a DynamicHub with a DynamicNode connected to "Pure Pose DN", DynamicNodePP connected to "Post Proc DN" and my cahed anim state machine pose connected to "Proc Pose".

This was all working and IKing properly with the previous version but isn't working now. Is there something I need to setup differently? Possibly the trace Channel (I couldn't find where to set it)?
                              Last edited by a.cartellone; 02-17-2020, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Hello again, I've updated to the latest version of the plugin, but it seems to no longer be working on my quadruped character. It was working with the previous version, but not on this one.

What I have is a character inheriting fro DNCharacter, with DN_SetupLegsIKAnimal called in the BeginPlay (Root Legs Pairs are set up with the proper names of bones and sockets), all settings are default.
                                In my Anim blueprint (which inherits from Anim_Multi_Node_Instance_DN), I have a DynamicHub with a DynamicNode connected to "Pure Pose DN", DynamicNodePP connected to "Post Proc DN" and my cahed anim state machine pose connected to "Proc Pose".

This was all working and IKing properly with the previous version but isn't working now. Is there something I need to setup differently? Possibly the trace Channel (I couldn't find where to set it)?
                                Hello.
                                Yes, it was a very Big update - try this (in the MoveMachine set any animations, you can just set the Idle animations everywhere):
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	000.png
Views:	29
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	1722396

And - Do not forget then try the functions that I made for you. =)
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	00000.png
Views:	25
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	1722397

Attached Files
                                Last edited by anadre; 02-17-2020, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X