No announcement yet.

Shadow Stealth - "hide in the shadows" plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The distance multiplier you've implemented works and simple enough to understand, thanks for that addition!
    If I may be so bold as to ask for a similar curve to be added to the observer?
    My logic is as follows:

Currently Distance Multiplier(DM) is attached to the observed actor, I'd use the DM based on actor size, so small actors are harder to see and larger one more obvious.
    If the observer had a DM added, this would represent the observers eyesight.
    We can effectively have multiple observers with different levels of eyesight who will at different distances spot the same observed actor, and we can vary the observed actors DM for variation between actors of the same class.
    By having a DM on the observer too, it would allow things like excellent long range vision but extremely poor up close etc.

And while I'm here can I ask if this could be added : Have the AI Perception move with the head movement? I saw this https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...ttachment.html and wondered if it would be a possible thing to consider? This would make searching animations etc instantly more interactive

Thanks for the hard work you've put into this plugin!

Comment

Update 1.5 went through Epic Marketplace Staff and is ready to download. It fixes the packaging error that was reported by Vathusmoure.
      Check out our Shadow Stealth plugin
      Check out our KiBLII plugin

Comment

Hi M.O.A.dev, thanks for checking the update. As for your requests:

Observers DM - this one seems kind of specific to your project and I think that it would be with benefit to you if you would make use of the possibility to extend ShadowSightTargetBase class with a Blueprint subclass. You can use Akai_ShadowSightTargetBP from the example project as a base for your solution. The only thing you would need to add is multiplication by your modifier before assigning to SocketIntensity variable in CanBeSeenFrom function (it's in the middle of the third comment block). I hope this will be a valid solution for you

GetActorEyesViewPoint - this one I will consider if I'll be doing some updates in the future. Maybe if I'll think of some more ways of extending AIPerception for use in stealth games...

BTW, if you would have a few minutes to write a review for Shadow Stealth plugin, I would be really grateful

Comment

Originally posted by sfider View Post
          Hi M.O.A.dev, thanks for checking the update. As for your requests:

Observers DM - this one seems kind of specific to your project and I think that it would be with benefit to you if you would make use of the possibility to extend ShadowSightTargetBase class with a Blueprint subclass. You can use Akai_ShadowSightTargetBP from the example project as a base for your solution. The only thing you would need to add is multiplication by your modifier before assigning to SocketIntensity variable in CanBeSeenFrom function (it's in the middle of the third comment block). I hope this will be a valid solution for you

GetActorEyesViewPoint - this one I will consider if I'll be doing some updates in the future. Maybe if I'll think of some more ways of extending AIPerception for use in stealth games...

BTW, if you would have a few minutes to write a review for Shadow Stealth plugin, I would be really grateful
          I had to try I look forward to seeing how SS develops over time
          Of course more than happy to leave a review, sorry for not doing so earlier.

Comment

Shadow Stealth is currently on 30%OFF SALE!!!

Comment

Working...
            X