Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RuntimeMeshImportExport - Import and Export runtime created static meshes using Assimp library

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Latte1635 View Post
    Hi!

I'm wondering if I can use textures embedded in FBX files, does anyone have experience with that? They don't seem to work out of the box at least. FBXs with separate texture files seem to mostly work fine but I'd prefer embedded ones.
    Embeded textures are only supported when they are embedded as e.g. jpg/png. See #1.
    Reason: Assimp docs about embedded raw pixel data is so confusing that I was not able to derive code from it.

At the moment we push our main project for Steam, thus there is no time to work on it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi!

I'm wondering if I can use textures embedded in FBX files, does anyone have experience with that? They don't seem to work out of the box at least. FBXs with separate texture files seem to mostly work fine but I'd prefer embedded ones.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Jay_C_Heli View Post

Thanks for your information, actually i already finish compile Assimp to Android "libassimp.so", but i don't know how to link the file and plugin, can you help me about that?
    See #1, if that does not work, then I don't know

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for your information, actually i already finish compile Assimp to Android "libassimp.so", but i don't know how to link the file and plugin, can you help me about that?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Jay_C_Heli View Post

Can you share me the link or any hint about link the Assimp part& plugin on android? Cause i'm doing something about AR, so this is pretty important to implement on Android or even IOS.
    Thanks
    https://github.com/assimp/assimp/blo...dJNI/README.md

Leave a comment:

• replied

Originally posted by Akkstein View Post
    Any chances to update for Android?
    Do you finally finish this for android?

Originally posted by Rumbleball View Post

There is no intention of doing that. In the Github Readme there is a link to an Android port, if you wanna do it on your own.
    Can you share me the link or any hint about link the Assimp part& plugin on android? Cause i'm doing something about AR, so this is pretty important to implement on Android or even IOS.
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by 钱余姚 View Post

I also have the same problem. Export FBX, then import 3DMAX without data, but import UE4 editor is OK. I try to export obj, 3dmax is OK, but I want to use FBX format
    I'm sorry, but thats not about me. Thats about 3DSMax/Assimp. File formats can be very complex and FBX has multiple versions as well as ASCII and BINARY. FBX provider Autodesk does not even publish the specs of the file format, only the SDK that everyone should make use of. Though, new versions require the ThirdParty tools to upgrade their SDK version. Some ThirdParty applications try to write their own FBX importer/exporter, without using the SDK (Assimp does that).

As alternative you can try GLTF as that is very common now as well.
    Last edited by Rumbleball; 06-24-2020, 05:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Rumbleball View Post

As long as you add every static mesh as an additional entry into your "Temp Data" array, it should work. Can you show more of your code?

The plugin only gives the data to Assimp. If Assimp does not write the file in the way 3dsmax expects it (or 3dsmax can read the file written from assimp, how ever you want to put it), I can't help there. I tried it with Blender and it worked.
    I also have the same problem. Export FBX, then import 3DMAX without data, but import UE4 editor is OK. I try to export obj, 3dmax is OK, but I want to use FBX format
    Last edited by 钱余姚; 06-23-2020, 11:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Latte1635 View Post
    Hi!

I've been having trouble with enabling physics and collisions at the same time on an imported object. Is this even possible with a procedural mesh? I guess this question is more about procedural meshes than this plugin but the problem seems to be closely related. I wonder if the solution is switching from the ProceduralMeshComponent to the RuntimeMeshComponent if I want that functionality.
    Never worked with collision that much, and never with physics. Though there is a difference between simple collisions (sphere/rectangle/cylinder/... ) and complex collisions (e.g. the mesh itself in its entire form). As far as I know, physics works only with simple collision. Complex can be used for overlaps.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by guoqiangwr View Post
    Hi,How to export multiple static meshes together?I integrate and export multiple static meshes. After exporting, I cannot open them(FBX format) in 3dsmax.
    As long as you add every static mesh as an additional entry into your "Temp Data" array, it should work. Can you show more of your code?

The plugin only gives the data to Assimp. If Assimp does not write the file in the way 3dsmax expects it (or 3dsmax can read the file written from assimp, how ever you want to put it), I can't help there. I tried it with Blender and it worked.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi,How to export multiple static meshes together?I integrate and export multiple static meshes. After exporting, I cannot open them(FBX format) in 3dsmax.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi!

I've been having trouble with enabling physics and collisions at the same time on an imported object. Is this even possible with a procedural mesh? I guess this question is more about procedural meshes than this plugin but the problem seems to be closely related. I wonder if the solution is switching from the ProceduralMeshComponent to the RuntimeMeshComponent if I want that functionality.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Metric8 View Post
    Hi, thanks for the quick response. No modification, launcher version of 4.25 and used the install to engine option from marketplace so plugins are engine level not project. I will try a clean project and see if I can package. Thanks.
    ok, got the same issue when using the marketplace version *sight*. Trying thing...

Edit: For now you can
    -place the plugin in the project
    -remove the binaries/intermediate folder from the plugin
    -start the project to compile the plugin
    that worked for me. In the meantime I contact the marketplace support.
    Last edited by Rumbleball; 05-27-2020, 09:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi, thanks for the quick response. No modification, launcher version of 4.25 and used the install to engine option from marketplace so plugins are engine level not project. I will try a clean project and see if I can package. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Metric8 View Post
    Hello, with 4.25, when packaging for Win64 it is failing with some unresolved externals:
    Module.RuntimeMeshImportExport.cpp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __CxxFrameHandler4
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Module.RuntimeMeshImportExport.gen.cpp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __CxxFrameHandler4
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Module.RuntimeMeshImportExport.cpp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __GSHandlerCheck_EH4
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Module.RuntimeMeshImportExport.gen.cpp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __GSHandlerCheck_EH4
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals
    I have no trouble packaging the plugin for 4.25. Did you do any modifications?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X