Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RuntimeMeshImportExport - Import and Export runtime created static meshes using Assimp library

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Version 1.6
    -Changed progress update. Instead of a string, an enum and the progress numbers are returned. This allows for custom text that can also be translated as part of the application.
    -Async import now also returnes progress
    -Progress is expanded to contain progress of Assimp import and export process.
    NodePrefabs | PluginBuilder | NotificationBackbone | WidgetBox | RuntimeMeshImportExport | DebugWidget | SteamWorkshopAccessor

Comment

Version 1.7
      -Changed how Normals are treated regarding scaling. Previously these were not affected, now they seem to fit.
      -When using negative scale on the object on import, triangle winding order is flipped for 1 and 3 negative values (x,y,z). This will prevent inside out models.
      -TexAmbient (TextureParameter) and Ambient (VectorParameter) are not imported for materials anymore as they seem to be a duplicate of TexDiffuse/Diffuse.
      NodePrefabs | PluginBuilder | NotificationBackbone | WidgetBox | RuntimeMeshImportExport | DebugWidget | SteamWorkshopAccessor

Comment

Hi,
        I've imported an fbx generated in another application using RuntimeMeshimportExport. This file imports into Blender just fine but when importing into Unreal with this plugin the position and orientations are all off. Is there something funky going on with relative positioning of mesh data?

Here's the fbx I'm importing:
        https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ET1...ew?usp=sharing

Any help appreciated. Thanks

Blender result:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	fbxissueblender.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	1723267
        Blueprint:

Name:	fbxissuebp.JPG
Views:	6
Size:	163.0 KB
ID:	1723268

Import result

Name:	fbxissueue4.JPG
Views:	6
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	1723266
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Ronan_3DCS View Post
          Hi,
          I've imported an fbx generated in another application using RuntimeMeshimportExport. This file imports into Blender just fine but when importing into Unreal with this plugin the position and orientations are all off. Is there something funky going on with relative positioning of mesh data?

Here's the fbx I'm importing:
          https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ET1...ew?usp=sharing

Any help appreciated. Thanks
          Will have a look at it later today. Thanks for the file.

Comment

Ronan_3DCS Thats more like it?

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	0
Size:	215.6 KB
ID:	1723491

I messed up the composing of transforms with version 1.6

Comment

Working...
            X