Need your thoughts about sound-fx

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[GAUGING INTEREST] Need your thoughts about sound-fx

What would you like to see on the Marketplace in Sound FX category, that I can record?
    Need your outstanding, mind-blowing, crazy thoughts.
    I need something really unspecific, non-ordinary, flashable.

(Will be recorded, would not synthesized)
    Sounds
    Youtube

I have couple projects that I worked right now, but they are pretty ordinary, but interesting. I need just a thing that you think can't be recorded, otherwise a "Hard Task"
    Sounds
    Youtube

Comment

The most interesting pack would be a set of sounds for elements in a specific scene/theme or game/genre:

- dungeon sounds: chains, fire, water drops, footsteps (small and huge, with different elements:human, machinery, animals, etc), rumble of rocks, traps activated, etc those would incorporate echoes
      - desert sounds: wind blow, sand rolling, footsteps, sand storms, rocks colliding/falling, oasis elements: water, small birds and rodents sounds, foliage sound in a wind
      - jungle sounds
      - industrial environment sounds
      - residential sounds
      - big city sounds
      - ancient ruins sounds

Picking any game that has multiple environment types (good example would be Rise of the Tomb Raider) you will see that you can have sets of sounds specific for each environment, so I think there is a great value on this type of work, because there is a higher chance someone would use more elements from a given set, than random elements not correlated within a set.
      Nilson Lima
      Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
      Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
      supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

Comment

Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post
        The most interesting pack would be a set of sounds for elements in a specific scene/theme or game/genre:

- dungeon sounds: chains, fire, water drops, footsteps (small and huge, with different elements:human, machinery, animals, etc), rumble of rocks, traps activated, etc those would incorporate echoes
        - desert sounds: wind blow, sand rolling, footsteps, sand storms, rocks colliding/falling, oasis elements: water, small birds and rodents sounds, foliage sound in a wind
        - jungle sounds
        - industrial environment sounds
        - residential sounds
        - big city sounds
        - ancient ruins sounds

Picking any game that has multiple environment types (good example would be Rise of the Tomb Raider) you will see that you can have sets of sounds specific for each environment, so I think there is a great value on this type of work, because there is a higher chance someone would use more elements from a given set, than random elements not correlated within a set.
        Thanks for bumping this, Nilson and thanks for your opinion.
        I glad you thinkly closly to mine thoughts. After a few days of work (starting from tomorrow), I will drop on pending some Fire elements - for creation of that I have a resources and possibillity
        I decide to create a Torch soundkit (relying on your thoughts list). Maybe (but I can not promise) I will make a short video about the creation process.

Any other thoughts folks? Still actual.
        Last edited by Gutvarev; 08-06-2019, 03:08 PM.
        Sounds
        Youtube

Comment

Working...
        X