Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Electronic Nodes - Wiring style for blueprint and material editors.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eobet Thank you very much for the feedback!

I'll try to fix this particular case you encountered with tweaked radius, but be aware that I can't do much if you push the radius toward very high numbers .

About the corners zoomed-out, it seems to be a tangent problem, thank you for noticing, it will be fixed on the next update.

Quick note about the next update, I'm working on a "ribbon" feature that will display properly overlapping wires. Here's a WIP (it's not finished yet, there's still some overlapping):

Click image for larger version  Name:	unknown.png Views:	1 Size:	202.6 KB ID:	1654399

EDIT: About the "Reset to default" button, I'll take a look on how to make it work, hopefully for the next update!

Comment

Originally posted by eobet View Post
      Is a line width setting something you are looking into adding?
      That's something you'll find in Editor Preferences right out of the box:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	wire_thickness.png
Views:	32
Size:	150.7 KB
ID:	1654415
      Last edited by Cpt.Trips; 08-18-2019, 05:21 PM.
      [Marketplace] Loading Screen System (ᴘʀᴏᴘᴇʀ ʟᴏᴀᴅɪɴɢ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴs, ɴᴏᴡ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴘʀᴏɢʀᴇss ʙᴀʀs)
      [Free][Script] Automate Download of Mixamo Animations
      [VłĐɆØ] Performance: BP vs C++ vs Blueprint Nativization

Comment

First of all: Great Work! I really enjoy using your Plugin.

One thing: I would like to have the option to use mixed wiring styles on a per wire type basis (i.e. have simple wiring syle on the execution path but complex wiring on everything else)

Comment

I'm happy to announce you the 1.1 update!

New features

Wire Style: You can now specify the horizontal offset you want for nodes (suggested by Cpt.Trips)

Name:	f1_1.png
Views:	16
Size:	4.8 KB
ID:	1655568

Name:	f1_2.png
Views:	15
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	1655569

Bubble style: You can now customize bubbles a lot more with movement style, size, speed and space(suggested by Cpt.Trips)

Name:	f2_1.png
Size:	11.0 KB
ID:	1655570

Name:	f2_2.png
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	1655571

Wire style for exec: You can now specify a specific style for exec wire (suggested by TPuppe)

Name:	f3_1.png
Size:	5.6 KB
ID:	1655572

Name:	f3_2.png
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	1655573

Ribbon style (experimental feature): This feature make overlapping wires more readable by offsetting them.

Name:	f4_1.png
Size:	8.8 KB
ID:	1655574

Name:	f4_2.png
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	1655575

Bugfix

The weird offset when zoom out completely has been fixed (it's a checkbox because that bug exists in the engine) (reported by eobet)

What hasn't been done/fix yet:

Bug: wires becoming wonky when extensive (reported by Cpt.Trips)
          I admit I didn't look at the code yet, but it's unlikely to be something easy to fix... Plus, it's not an electronic nodes bug, but an unreal engine bug.

Bug: conflict with NGA (reported by many people)
          That's not something I can solve from my side only... I contacted the creator last week, but he did not respond yet.
          I don't want to be spammy, so I'll wait another week before sending him another message (he may be on vacations, who know?)

Feature: toggle draw bubbles from inside the BP editor (suggested by Cpt.Trips)
          I admit I didn't search on how to do that yet, but that should not be too difficult. I just need to create an icon for that. Should be for the next update!

Feature: not overlapping parent node (suggested by kavonharvey)
          I searched for hours on how to do that, but it's fare more difficult than what I firstly though. It may still be possible, but I didn't find a proper way to do this yet.

Bug: issues with complex drawing with big radius (reported by eobet)
          I admit I didn't quite find the courage to correct this, as I think it's up to the user to adapt his BP with his Electronic Nodes config. But I'll fix it, maybe for the next update!

Bug: reset to default doesn't work (reported by eobet)
          I didn't find yet how to make it work... But I keep dig this and hope to fix it on the next update!

You should get the update when Epic validate the files I'm about to send them, give them 48h

Comment

Bug: wires becoming wonky when extensive
            You can stop this by adding reroute nodes on the line. I normally do it either side of the screen space if they ever get that long.

I really like the plugin thank you! It makes working in BP really fun.

Comment

Hi Mate!

Loving the plugin so far, having nice straight lines is addictive! But I've noticed that Anim Graph Evaluation Pulses (so the bolding and moving bubbles on the wire during debugging) are no longer rendering when I have the plugin activated, for both the Simple and Complex modes. Setting the Wire Style to Deactivated resolves the Issue.

To be clear, the regular Blueprint Graph execution pulse renders fine, so I think you've just missed something XD

Gossy

Comment

Gossy Thank you very much ! If you upgrade the plugin to the 1.1 (only on 4.22 for now) and increase the bubble size in the config panel (Editor Preferences/Plugins/Electronic Nodes Plugin) to 3.0 or 4.0, does that solve your problem?

Comment

Herobrine20XX I upgraded to the 1.1 version and the problem has persisted. The bubbles do show up if I use the Force Draw Bubbles option, but that's not helpful for debugging.

Comment

Gossy I'm sorry, I can't help you right now as I'm on vacation for a week... I think I see where the problem is! I'll try to solve this whrn I'm back next week and push it as a hotfix

Comment

Originally posted by Herobrine20XX View Post
                      Gossy I'm sorry, I can't help you right now as I'm on vacation for a week... I think I see where the problem is! I'll try to solve this whrn I'm back next week and push it as a hotfix
                      No worries!

Comment

Hey, it's a great plugin.

I've just tried Ribbon, and while "in" feature works splendidly, "out" wires really don't need to be separated that early, resulting in pretty wonky designs.

Comment

Thank you very much aureon
                          The ribbon feature is kinda experimental and works better with simple mode for now, but I'm goin to improve it!
                          Do you have a screen of the case you're talking about?
                          Last edited by Herobrine20XX; 08-28-2019, 04:51 PM.

Comment

I think what aureon means is this (ignore the mess underneath):

Name:	image_172207.png
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	1660502

Since all those out wires are the same variable, it doesn't really make sense to separate them. It would be great if they separated from the same point vanilla-like.

Comment

Gliptal Oooh, I see, thank you very much for the screen! I'll fix that in the next update (as well as the animation bug). In the meantime, I'll make the plugin available in 4.23 as it just came out. (should be available tomorrow or the day after)

Comment

Any ETA on 4.23 ?

Comment

Working...
                                X