Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by JohnADaniels View Post
    Hello, Would like to say this is an amazing tool that save sooo much time! I went to use the tool today and the material was gray, and inside the Inside M_rdLODMaster is gives an error.
    I have tried uninstalling the plug-in and then reinstalling but that did not help. Can you think of any reason this is happening?

Begin Object Class=/Script/UnrealEd.MaterialGraphNode Name="MaterialGraphNode_21"
    Begin Object Class=/Script/Engine.MaterialExpressionMaterialFunctionCall Name="MaterialExpressionMaterialFunctionCall_4"
    End Object
    Begin Object Name="MaterialExpressionMaterialFunctionCall_4"
    MaterialExpressionEditorX=-1936
    MaterialExpressionEditorY=272
    MaterialExpressionGuid=671E22384CD02AA7568045A75DA6329E
    Material=PreviewMaterial'"/Engine/Transient.M_rdLODMaster"'
    End Object
    MaterialExpression=MaterialExpressionMaterialFunctionCall'"MaterialExpressionMaterialFunctionCall_4"'
    NodePosX=-1936
    NodePosY=272
    NodeGuid=BC827EF04D4BCA4216087DB9174F54CC
    End Object
    Hi John,
    It looks like the Material Functions are missing - they should be in projects "Content/rdLODtools/MaterialFunctions" folder. If they are missing, you could create a new billboard LOD for a mesh which should then copy the functions back.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by JohnADaniels View Post
    I think one of the biggest performance gains comes from setting up the "Screen Size" manually but it takes forever if you have a lot of meshes to change. Does this does automate that process or does it auto create the "Screen Size"? Can you set the "Screen Size" to be more aggressive for each LOD in your tool?
    <Answer copied from Marketplace Q&A> Hi JohnADaniels,
    Yes I agree that the screen-size adjustments can take a bit of tweaking to get right - rdLODtools has an option to specify the screen size of the new LODs and remembers the last settings you used so it's a matter of trying it, if it needs to be adjusted open the rdLODtools window again and just change the screen size option and regenerate. I may add some more options in the future for adjusting all LOD screen sizes at once.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello, Would like to say this is an amazing tool that save sooo much time! I went to use the tool today and the material was gray, and inside the Inside M_rdLODMaster is gives an error.
    I have tried uninstalling the plug-in and then reinstalling but that did not help. Can you think of any reason this is happening?

Begin Object Class=/Script/UnrealEd.MaterialGraphNode Name="MaterialGraphNode_21"
    Begin Object Class=/Script/Engine.MaterialExpressionMaterialFunctionCall Name="MaterialExpressionMaterialFunctionCall_4"
    End Object
    Begin Object Name="MaterialExpressionMaterialFunctionCall_4"
    MaterialExpressionEditorX=-1936
    MaterialExpressionEditorY=272
    MaterialExpressionGuid=671E22384CD02AA7568045A75DA6329E
    Material=PreviewMaterial'"/Engine/Transient.M_rdLODMaster"'
    End Object
    MaterialExpression=MaterialExpressionMaterialFunctionCall'"MaterialExpressionMaterialFunctionCall_4"'
    NodePosX=-1936
    NodePosY=272
    NodeGuid=BC827EF04D4BCA4216087DB9174F54CC
    End Object

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think one of the biggest performance gains comes from setting up the "Screen Size" manually but it takes forever if you have a lot of meshes to change. Does this does automate that process or does it auto create the "Screen Size"? Can you set the "Screen Size" to be more aggressive for each LOD in your tool?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Version 1.2 has now been released. New Features and changes are listed in our Trello page. 4.20-4.23 are now supported.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks, I got the new version, great service!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    New versi0n does not download from Marketplace, only 1.0.1

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Version 1.1 is now out. New Features are listed in the Change Log . UE4 versions 4.20 - 4.22 are now supported.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic [SUPPORT] rdLODtools

rdLODtools

This is the support area for rdLODtools.
    Please feel free to ask any questions or suggest feature improvements here.

Documentation, Demos and Tutorials

Manuals:
    Change Log (Trello): View

Tutorials:
    • Tutorial 1 - Billboarding a simple tree: Download or View
    • Integrating with FPS Game Starter Kit (By SB): View
    • More coming soon
    Frequently Asked Questions:

1) Is the plugin needed for packaged games?
    A. No, the new meshes don't need the plugin, they can be packaged to any platform.

2) My new LOD appears black or transparent (nothing there)
    A. This is probably caused because there were still materials being compiled. Pause for a few seconds and try again.

3) My new LOD appears very dark - how do I fix this?
    A. You can adjust the brightness of the materials by either adjusting the "Gamma" from the rdLODtools window or by using the "Edit Mats" button, it will open the material instances from which you can adjust various options including brightness via the ColTweak option. See Chapter 2 of the manual for more information.
    Last edited by RecourseDesign; 09-15-2019, 11:12 PM.
Working...
X