Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

rdLODtools

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by RecourseDesign View Post

    Hi ClockworkOcean,

    That can happen when rdLODtools can't find any textures in the meshes materials.

    You can still create a billboard from it though - when you create the billboard, tick the "Bake Lighting" option - that will then use the original materials while rendering.

    The 'Bake Lighting' option uses the lighting you are using in the Mesh Editors 'Preview Scene' - it is best if you turn the 'Directional Light Intensity' down to 0, set the 'CubeMap' to Null and make sure the 'Sky Lighting' is enabled, bright white and set to about 2.0.

    If you're creating a static scene with static lighting - you can bake the lighting in by using the 'Directional Light' in the Preview Scene, and altering the SkyLight color can create some interesting results too.

    Remember to set them back after creating the Billboard...
    Much appreciated!
    Check out Zof ( puzzle game ) on Steam:

    https://store.steampowered.com/app/1414480/Zof/

    Comment


      #17
      Try to load your plugin for 4.26 but it is not listed if i need to select a slot for plugin

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by RatByteOfficial View Post
        Try to load your plugin for 4.26 but it is not listed if i need to select a slot for plugin
        Hi RatByteOfficial - Is it possible rdLODtools is already installed for 4.26 - did you search for it in the UE plugins window? If it's not there, maybe there was a problem with the website, you could maybe try installing it again? I've tested multiple times and haven't had any issues...
        Recourse Design ltd.
        rdLODtools
        rdLODtools

        Comment


          #19
          Hello, can you show how this asset can be used on a building ?
          I bought the asset yesterday and tested it on my forest, but the result was a very large decrease in FPS.
          Now I'm testing it on a building but the result is very bad.

          rdLODtools
          Click image for larger version

Name:	rdLODtools.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	151.7 KB
ID:	1864518

          Original
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Original.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	214.7 KB
ID:	1864519

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by Jony6234 View Post
            Hello, can you show how this asset can be used on a building ?
            I bought the asset yesterday and tested it on my forest, but the result was a very large decrease in FPS.
            Now I'm testing it on a building but the result is very bad.

            rdLODtools
            Click image for larger version

Name:	rdLODtools.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	151.7 KB
ID:	1864518

            Original
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Original.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	214.7 KB
ID:	1864519
            Hi Jony6234, The only way the extra LODs would decrease FPS is if you have removed intermediate LODs before the Billboard/Planar LODs and UE4 is rendering the LOD0 at further distances. You'll need to just remove the lowest LOD's and replace the "Screen Size" they were at. E.G if the lowest LOD in the mesh was at about 0.3 - make sure you specify 0.3 for the Billboard LOD once you have removed that one. The higher the ScreenSize, the closer the LOD appears.

            Regarding the Building - the LODs for that should be created as Billboard rather than Planar.

            I hope this helps,
            Richard.
            Recourse Design ltd.
            rdLODtools
            rdLODtools

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by RecourseDesign View Post

              Hi Jony6234, The only way the extra LODs would decrease FPS is if you have removed intermediate LODs before the Billboard/Planar LODs and UE4 is rendering the LOD0 at further distances. You'll need to just remove the lowest LOD's and replace the "Screen Size" they were at. E.G if the lowest LOD in the mesh was at about 0.3 - make sure you specify 0.3 for the Billboard LOD once you have removed that one. The higher the ScreenSize, the closer the LOD appears.

              Regarding the Building - the LODs for that should be created as Billboard rather than Planar.

              I hope this helps,
              Richard.
              On the issue of buildings can you help ?
              I can't use any buildings with rdLODtools.

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by Jony6234 View Post

                On the issue of buildings can you help ?
                I can't use any buildings with rdLODtools.
                Hi Jony6234,

                To create optimal LODs for buildings, create a "Billboard" LOD from rdLODtools - specify "General" as the mesh type option and click "Create" - that should build you a LOD for the building mesh. If the materials come out solid white or pink etc, try ticking the "Bake Lighting" option. If you do bake the lighting, make sure in the Mesh Editors "Preview Scene" to turn the 'Directional Light Intensity' down to 0, set the 'CubeMap' to Null and make sure the 'Sky Lighting' is enabled, bright white and set to about 2.0.

                The manual has detailed instructions on how to make other changes too.
                Recourse Design ltd.
                rdLODtools
                rdLODtools

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by RecourseDesign View Post

                  Hi Jony6234,

                  To create optimal LODs for buildings, create a "Billboard" LOD from rdLODtools - specify "General" as the mesh type option and click "Create" - that should build you a LOD for the building mesh. If the materials come out solid white or pink etc, try ticking the "Bake Lighting" option. If you do bake the lighting, make sure in the Mesh Editors "Preview Scene" to turn the 'Directional Light Intensity' down to 0, set the 'CubeMap' to Null and make sure the 'Sky Lighting' is enabled, bright white and set to about 2.0.

                  The manual has detailed instructions on how to make other changes too.
                  Like I said, I tested it on different buildings and it doesn't work well anywhere.
                  Can you show photos, video of rdLODtools used on a building ?

                  Original
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	11.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	252.2 KB
ID:	1864704

                  rdLODtools
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	22.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	148.1 KB
ID:	1864705

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by Jony6234 View Post

                    Like I said, I tested it on different buildings and it doesn't work well anywhere.
                    Can you show photos, video of rdLODtools used on a building ?

                    Original
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	11.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	252.2 KB
ID:	1864704

                    rdLODtools
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	22.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	148.1 KB
ID:	1864705
                    Hi Jony6234,
                    Please read my instructions properly and also the manual. If the LOD is a solid color use the "Bake Lighting" option.
                    Also for your mesh there you will need the "centre pivot" option - all this information is in the manual.
                    My marketplace page has a picture of buildings with LODs.
                    Recourse Design ltd.
                    rdLODtools
                    rdLODtools

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by RecourseDesign View Post

                      Hi Jony6234,
                      Please read my instructions properly and also the manual. If the LOD is a solid color use the "Bake Lighting" option.
                      Also for your mesh there you will need the "centre pivot" option - all this information is in the manual.
                      My marketplace page has a picture of buildings with LODs.
                      How many times do I have to ask you the same question ?
                      These photos that be shown in the store of the building and not only are not used rdLODtools!
                      I read your documents, and the result is extremely bad, so you don't show how it works on buildings.
                      She has an extremely poor performance on the forests I tested.

                      I requested a refund for this asset!
                      For the first time I want a refund but the asset does not do what is shown in its photos in and the description.

                      I apologize for my poor English.

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by Jony6234 View Post

                        How many times do I have to ask you the same question ?
                        These photos that be shown in the store of the building and not only are not used rdLODtools!
                        I read your documents, and the result is extremely bad, so you don't show how it works on buildings.
                        She has an extremely poor performance on the forests I tested.

                        I requested a refund for this asset!
                        For the first time I want a refund but the asset does not do what is shown in its photos in and the description.

                        I apologize for my poor English.
                        You obviously haven't followed my instructions - you would have solved all these things if you had actually tried the things I suggested. I spent about US$40 supporting you when you purchased it for $7.50 and wouldn't even read the manual properly. Those buildings in the image have definitely got rdLODtools LODs - if you want to go around making allegations like that you are welcome to take me to court so I can prove to you they do.
                        Can you show me a snapshot of your building LOD created with the "Bake Lighting" option used and the "Scene Preview" Settings I asked you to use?
                        Also, can you show me the LODs you created that supposedly slow down your scene?
                        Last edited by RecourseDesign; 02-22-2021, 02:45 PM.
                        Recourse Design ltd.
                        rdLODtools
                        rdLODtools

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Hey man, from Epic got my money back.
                          So I can't test anything.

                          I told you I read your documents!
                          I told you I was testing all the options and settings, and the results were more than bad!
                          I asked for help by asking to you show rdLODtools video photos working on a building, you write me meaningless comments..
                          I don't want to explain anything to you.
                          I have not seen a worse asset!

                          Fortunately, the support for Epic is very good and they refunded my money.
                          People do i not recommend you to buy this asset.


                          Comment


                            #28
                            Originally posted by Jony6234 View Post
                            Hey man, from Epic got my money back.
                            So I can't test anything.

                            I told you I read your documents!
                            I told you I was testing all the options and settings, and the results were more than bad!
                            I asked for help by asking to you show rdLODtools video photos working on a building, you write me meaningless comments..
                            I don't want to explain anything to you.
                            I have not seen a worse asset!

                            Fortunately, the support for Epic is very good and they refunded my money.
                            People do i not recommend you to buy this asset.

                            Just a note to anyone reading this.

                            What this user is saying is untrue - rdLODtools works with meshes - there is no difference between a foliage mesh and a building mesh - anyone with a basic understanding of 3D knows this.

                            The manual has a whole section in it explaining that some materials are complex and rdLODtools cannot extract the pixel data from them. There are several ways to overcome this, also explained in the manual, and I explained the easiest of them to him in a response. I never got a confirmation that he tried it. (I have helped other users with the same response and it has helped them create their LODs)

                            This user then tried to tell me that the snapshot of the city in the marketplace slideshow is fake and does not contain billboard LODs created by rdLODtools. This is completely false, when I get some spare time I will add some slides that show the LOD view in the editor.

                            Also, I'm happy to answer any questions people have, but please allow up to 24 hours for a response - especially on a weekend.


                            Recourse Design ltd.
                            rdLODtools
                            rdLODtools

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X