Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pixel2D - The sequel to Paper2D. Complete 2D platformer solution.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jacobgood1 View Post
    How's it going? Are things still moving smoothly?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	demo.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	286.9 KB
ID:	1676891

Mostly working on the art and demo level and the final boss fight.
    Waiting for Epic to get back to me regarding my application to epic mega grants
    If it's positive I will be able to get someone ASAP to help me with the art and bugfixing.
    If it's negative I still intend to release it this autumn, but some of the features that were planned for 1.0 will be moved to 1.1.I think this is the best approach since I want to get it into people's hands as soon as possible.
    Check out my 2D Platforming Kit!
    Check out my Stylized Woodland Environment
    Check out my Random Item Generator
    Check out my P
    ixel Platformer Tileset
    Check out my Mesh to Terrain Converter

Comment

Hey guys. In preparation for the release, I have made a playable demo to showcase some of the features.
      Please read the readme before playing.
      Let me know what you think!

Thanks!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bmH...e5J-oiMAc/view

Check out my P
      ixel Platformer Tileset

Comment

That was pretty cool. I'm normally a gamepad person but got used to the controls ok. Only issue I came across was with the final boss. I had kicked one of those crates with me to the end where the boss is and I could stand on it and the boss would just keep running back and forth and no longer attack me so i was able to kill him easily by just standing there and firing arrows at him. He attacks when i'm on the ground but not while standing on the box.

Nice work though. Performance was great.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimminy_Cricket View Post
          That was pretty cool. I'm normally a gamepad person but got used to the controls ok. Only issue I came across was with the final boss. I had kicked one of those crates with me to the end where the boss is and I could stand on it and the boss would just keep running back and forth and no longer attack me so i was able to kill him easily by just standing there and firing arrows at him. He attacks when i'm on the ground but not while standing on the box.

Nice work though. Performance was great.
          • Glad the performance was good. The computers I have at home are relatively high end. What was your spec?
          • There is gamepad control but was disabled since it's not 100% working with the inventory system yet.
          • Nice exploit on the boss . The reason for that is how the AI works. It checks if it can reach your exact position. If not then it checks the closest position on the X and Z axis it can reach you. Then it compares it with his margins and decides from there. Since I didn't expect a box to be there I kept his margins low, but with just a change of a variable ( increasing the Z tolerance), the boss can work perfectly fine.
          • I've tried to make the AI system as configurable as possible
          Check out my P
          ixel Platformer Tileset

Comment

I'm running an I7 3770K - 16MB Ram - GPU: GTX980Ti

Gamepad support will be great for those like me. Nice to see it's an easy fix regarding the Boss and the AI.

I would love to create a 2D game at some stage. Anything that makes it as painless as possible is great.

Comment

How's it going? Are things still moving smoothly?

Comment

I just tried the demo last night and I am fairly impressed by the performance in this plugin. Cannot wait to get my hands on this for a top down game

Comment

Working...
                X