• Show
Clear All

Sorry, Guess I'm still confused:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	turn.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	1851914

I don't think I was very clear about what I was trying to do. I want to change the input "TurnLeft" (Left Joystick, controls L/R steering) from steering the vehicle to doing a completely different function when the vehicle reaches a certain speed. (Yes, the vehicle would become unsteerable in that state)

Thanks for your patience!
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by whitepalace View Post
      I don't think I was very clear about what I was trying to do. I want to change the input "TurnLeft" (Left Joystick, controls L/R steering) from steering the vehicle to doing a completely different function when the vehicle reaches a certain speed. (Yes, the vehicle would become unsteerable in that state)
      did you manage to disable steering?

you can assign "TurnLeft" to another axis, for ex. you can throttle/brake with left/right axis if you want to:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	1851922

Comment

In my game the vehicle leaves the ground (sometimes for a while), While it's airborne I need the stick I was using for ground-steering (front wheels) to now control air-steering (Pitch/Yaw Angular Velocity).

The "condition" is a bool I created called: IsAirbone. True/False of that bool is how I set which control state is currently being used.

Does that make sense?
        Last edited by whitepalace; 01-12-2021, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by whitepalace View Post
          In my game the vehicle leaves the ground (sometimes for a while), While it's airborne I need the stick I was using for ground-steering (front wheels) to now control air-steering (Pitch/Yaw Angular Velocity).

Does that make sense?
          yes, so did you manage to disable steering, could you stop the wheels from turning left/right, if not what's wrong?

when you disable steering its up to you to implement those air controls.

Comment

Not successfuly, no...I just get this compiler warning: (But, yes, this does prevent it from steering)

Click image for larger version  Name:	warning.jpg Views:	0 Size:	116.9 KB ID:	1851953‚Äč
            Attached Files
            Last edited by whitepalace; 01-12-2021, 07:17 PM.

Comment

you are saying yes and no at the same time. you can prevent steering right? so what's the problem?
              that warning does not come from those 2 nodes...

Comment

Working...
              X