FGear Vehicle Physics (v1.3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lazybitgames View Post

determinism is the keyword here and it would be perfect if they let us update individual bodies.

is there a place where they list the feature set of chaos engine, could not find anything?
    Not that I know of. I was hoping you had more info, haha.

Comment

Today i tried 4.26 version for the first time.
      I had to comment out some physics related code to get rid of the linker errors and got it working.
      First impressions:

-vehicles are shaking more then usual when they are stopped.
      -overall driving feels the same/similar for most of the vehicles.
      -i got 12 fps in stress test map whereas i got around 70 fps with physx.

Comment

Today i tried 4.26 version for the first time.
        I had to comment out some physics related code to get rid of the linker errors and got it working.
        First impressions:

-vehicles are shaking more then usual when they are stopped.
        -overall driving feels the same/similar for most of the vehicles.
        -i got 12 fps in stress test map whereas i got around 70 fps with physx.
        I asked the question elsewhere and got this as an answer:

Chaos will interop with a new Network Prediction system, and it has a rewind API to support features like rollback. There are no plans for a deterministic physics engine AFAIK, but Chaos does at least support fixed-tick rates now (and this is currently required to interop).

You can find more information here, and/or you can look at the network prediction plugin on Github in Master branch.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HLvNu-j6eg
        Not sure the ramifications of all this on the prediction issues, hopefully once the problems you mention in the impressions are worked out the new network prediction system might help!

Comment

All interesting stuff... looking forward to hearing more.
          Cecil B

Comment

Hello. Would be possible to add "default physic material" option? I using physic material for skid sound etc. but I have to assign this material everywhere. To every possible object. Would be nice to choose one physic material as the default and assign only different materials there where I want. What do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by rotacak View Post
              Hello. Would be possible to add "default physic material" option? I using physic material for skid sound etc. but I have to assign this material everywhere. To every possible object. Would be nice to choose one physic material as the default and assign only different materials there where I want. What do you think?
              yes it sounds possible, added to todo list, thanks for the feedback.

Comment

Will I be able to use the Niagara effect with FGearPhysicalMaterial?

Comment

Originally posted by ymt3D View Post
                  Will I be able to use the Niagara effect with FGearPhysicalMaterial?
                  FGearPhysicalMaterial contains a couple of extra parameters in addition to regular physical materials so that FGearEffects component can generate sound and particle effects.
                  FGearEffects component is not meant to be used in production in the first place, we provide these extra components to be used for prototyping or the users can learn from/extend upon them.
                  We can not support every technology and possible combination of effects in a sample component like this.
                  We never used niagara before so the answer is may be, if it is required by most people.

Comment

FGearPhysicalMaterial contains a couple of extra parameters in addition to regular physical materials so that FGearEffects component can generate sound and particle effects.
                    FGearEffects component is not meant to be used in production in the first place, we provide these extra components to be used for prototyping or the users can learn from/extend upon them.
                    We can not support every technology and possible combination of effects in a sample component like this.
                    We never used niagara before so the answer is may be, if it is required by most people.
                    Thank you very much. understood.
                    Recently, Niagara's effects have increased in the marketplace, so I'm grateful if you support it even when doing prototyping.

Another question
                    Is it possible to disable FGearOrbitCamera?
                    When I implement multiple cameras including FGearOrbitCamera, I can't switch well.
                    I'm guessing this camera is also for prototyping, but I asked a question.

Comment

Hi ymt3D You can switch camera component between others but you can't use with orbit camera. I have added disable/enable orbit camera option to todo list.
                      Also you can see switch camera component in the screenshot.
                      If you dont want to wait next update you can replace that lines in FGearVehicle.cpp
                      Code:
                      void AFGearVehicle::CalcCamera(float DeltaTime, FMinimalViewInfo& OutResult)
                      {
                      if (mOrbitCamera != nullptr && mOrbitCamera->IsActive())
                      mOrbitCamera->update(DeltaTime, OutResult);
                      else
                      Super::CalcCamera(DeltaTime, OutResult);
                      }
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Last Coin Games; 10-17-2020, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Last Coin Games View Post
                        Hi ymt3D You can switch camera component between others but you can't use with orbit camera. I have added disable/enable orbit camera option to todo list.
                        Also you can see switch camera component in the screenshot.
                        If you dont want to wait next update you can replace that lines in FGearVehicle.cpp
                        Code:
                        void AFGearVehicle::CalcCamera(float DeltaTime, FMinimalViewInfo& OutResult)
                        {
                        if (mOrbitCamera != nullptr && mOrbitCamera->IsActive())
                        mOrbitCamera->update(DeltaTime, OutResult);
                        else
                        Super::CalcCamera(DeltaTime, OutResult);
                        }
                        thank you so much! I'll try

Comment

Working...
                        X