FGear Vehicle Physics (v1.2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeadClot View Post
    Hey lazybitgames bit of a request - Would it be possible to get a motorcycle sample vehicle with the next version?

Also a discord server would be nice
    a motorcyle sample will be available in the next release.

Comment

Originally posted by lazybitgames View Post

Good to hear

Comment

How about monowheel sample and fake hovering vehicle (invisible wheels?) ?

Comment

Originally posted by motorsep View Post

How about monowheel sample and fake hovering vehicle (invisible wheels?) ?
          all can be faked just like motorcycles but no plan for further samples, at least for the next release.

Comment

I'm in the process of converting my game over to this plugin and ran into a problem with the handbrake not working with standard Input disabled. It works fine if standard input is enabled, but I can't get it to work if it's disabled. I checked my Handbrake Axis(0-1) to make sure it's getting input and it is. Not sure if I'm missing something. Thanks.

Click image for larger version  Name:	fgear_handbrake_03.JPG Views:	0 Size:	6.6 KB ID:	1756532Click image for larger version  Name:	fgear_handbrake_01.JPG Views:	0 Size:	39.0 KB ID:	1756530Click image for larger version  Name:	fgear_handbrake_02.JPG Views:	0 Size:	116.5 KB ID:	1756531 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_191138.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	1756533

Comment

Originally posted by xetura View Post
              I'm in the process of converting my game over to this plugin and ran into a problem with the handbrake not working with standard Input disabled. It works fine if standard input is enabled, but I can't get it to work if it's disabled. I checked my Handbrake Axis(0-1) to make sure it's getting input and it is. Not sure if I'm missing something. Thanks.
              Click image for larger version  Name:	Untitled.jpg Views:	0 Size:	28.0 KB ID:	1756546

set brake and handbrake with the same node, handbrake input is boolean, may be i should make it ranged too.

Comment

Click image for larger version Name:	Untitled.jpg Views:	0 Size:	28.0 KB ID:	1756546

set brake and handbrake with the same node, handbrake input is boolean, may be i should make it ranged too.
                I apologize, but I don't quite understand how to hook it to the same node.

Comment

I apologize, but I don't quite understand how to hook it to the same node.
                  something like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	1756554

Comment

The car wouldn't move for me at all with this setup.
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	fgear_handbrake_06.JPG Views:	0 Size:	52.7 KB ID:	1756557

Changing out the node to this works.
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	fgear_handbrake_08.JPG Views:	0 Size:	54.7 KB ID:	1756558

Making the Handbrake have its own node and be ranged like you said would be awesome! But this works. Thanks!
                    Last edited by xetura; 05-07-2020, 03:19 AM.

Comment

Another question regarding the handbrake. I have an automatic transmission shifter that shifts through gears (Park, Reverse, Neutral, Drive, 1st) that I had setup for the previous physics plugin. Everything except Park (using the Handbrake) works. I'm using the Handbrake in Park to stop the vehicle and I'm getting input, but it doesn't do anything. It only works when I use the 'handbrake' input key (Spacebar). I'm not sure how else to make it work given that it only works on bool. Thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	fgear_park_01.JPG
Views:	164
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	1756598Click image for larger version

Name:	fgear_park_02.JPG
Views:	148
Size:	129.9 KB
ID:	1756599

Comment

Changing out the node to this works.
                        yea my mistake.

Another question regarding the handbrake. I have an automatic transmission shifter that shifts through gears (Park, Reverse, Neutral, Drive, 1st) that I had setup for the previous physics plugin. Everything except Park (using the Handbrake) works. I'm using the Handbrake in Park to stop the vehicle and I'm getting input, but it doesn't do anything. It only works when I use the 'handbrake' input key (Spacebar). I'm not sure how else to make it work given that it only works on bool. Thanks.

Click image for larger version  Name:	fgear_park_01.JPG Views:	0 Size:	97.3 KB ID:	1756598Click image for larger version  Name:	fgear_park_02.JPG Views:	0 Size:	129.9 KB ID:	1756599
                        are you calling setBraking multiple times, may be you are cancelling what you do.
                        set a variable, only change that, call setBraking once every tick, it should be fine.

Comment

yea my mistake.

are you calling setBraking multiple times, may be you are cancelling what you do.
                          set a variable, only change that, call setBraking once every tick, it should be fine.
                          I'm only calling it once. It doesn't work unless I hit the spacebar (handbrake input). I tried only using the bool and it still doesn't work. Not sure why.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	fgear_park_01.JPG Views:	47 Size:	97.3 KB ID:	1756598Click image for larger version  Name:	fgear_park_02.JPG Views:	41 Size:	129.9 KB ID:	1756599

Axis bindings are constantly executing, even if the button isn't pressed (Value will be 0 without input) so you want to use a branch to check you're not in park on the Axis but also, for the Handbrake binding, on Pressed just use a flipflop node and use the "Is A" bool output to set the parked variable

NOTE: I haven't actually done this but it should work.
                            Last edited by KamikazeXeX; 05-10-2020, 02:27 AM.

Comment

yea my mistake.

Well, I'm dumb lol. I had another handbrake input call in my Master Vehicle that I didn't see until now because I've been working in the Master Player Vehicle (child of Master Vehicle). It's working now.

Comment

I think I found a bug with input. With my AI vehicle, he would continue to drive in a circle after being killed, which should be impossible since standard input is disabled. I checked the BP debug filter to check in realtime and I confirmed he wasn't receiving any input. So I thought maybe mStandardInput wasn't being disabled entirely, so I enabled it, set the throttle and steering to 'none', then disabled it again. Then the car wouldn't move or steer, even though the debug filter said it was getting input and standard input is supposed to be disabled. My base player and AI vehicle are now the same, so I confirmed it with player input and it's the same thing.
                                EDIT: I just confirmed it with someone else on a different machine.

Attached Files
                                Last edited by xetura; 05-14-2020, 12:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X