unreal engine market showing unavailable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TechLord View Post

Not a big fan of the workaround as it generates Management and Security concerns
    1. Can I select what assets to be moved to Second Account?
    2. Does the Second Account require NEW Email, Credit Card, Seller information?
    3. Are New purchases only applied & accessed from Second Account?
    4. Will the Second Account be consolidated with Existing Account when the issue is resolved?
    Hopefully someone can answer my concerns. With 500+ Free Assets in the Marketplace, I anticipate this issue growing exponentially as more developers hit the threshold.
    In my case:
    1) Epic staff chose 200 older assets and moved them
    2) Yes email for sure and name for login only
    3) The new account is used only as storage, you continue to buy with the main account
    4) I hope so

Comment

Originally posted by UnrealEnterprise View Post

Hoping Epic will fix this soon when it took 6+ years to get a Marketplace wishlist is wishful thinking... Keep waiting if you want, but Its simply not high-priority enough for Epic, or they don't have the people. Its better to screen-grab the MP transaction / payment history, and just manage the assets outside of the Launcher anyway.
      The big problem is managing updates and scrolling between 1600 assets and 2 accounts is really annoying
      and you can't manage updates outside of the launcher.

Comment

Not a big fan of the workaround as it generates Management and Security concerns
        1. Can I select what assets to be moved to Second Account?
        2. Does the Second Account require NEW Email, Credit Card, Seller information?
        3. Are New purchases only applied & accessed from Second Account?
        4. Will the Second Account be consolidated with Existing Account when the issue is resolved?
        Hopefully someone can answer my concerns. With 500+ Free Assets in the Marketplace, I anticipate this issue growing exponentially as more developers hit the threshold.
        Originally posted by Thunderstruck View Post

In my case:
        1) Epic staff chose 200 older assets and moved them
        2) Yes email for sure and name for login only
        3) The new account is used only as storage, you continue to buy with the main account
        4) I hope so
        Hi Thunderstruck. Thank you for the answering those questions as I was considering suspending new purchases until this issue is resolved. I'm going to request 1000 assets be relocated. Selecting 200 to relocate does not leave enough room before hitting the threshold again
        HeadlessStudios.com is now part of TheGameDevStore.com

Comment

Well this has finally happened to me.

I can probably get a clean break from a few older store assets that haven't had updates but that is only a temporary fix. the marketplace gets 4-12 new free items a month. Unless I move half my content to a different account I'm only kicking the can a little way down the road. I filled in the survey and whenever applicable mentioned this stupid bug/limit.

From a developer standpoint what bugs me the most is that the website knows I have access to the content, if I navigate to the content I have purchased I have the option to download it, which goes to launch the EGL which then tells me no I don't actually have that available, due to whatever this stupid limitation is between EGL and the Marketplace Vault... What kind of idiot puts a limit on an asset library feature like this? ( snarky aside: Probably the same geniuses that thought 50 item wishlist was actually useful. Theres over 15000 items in the Marketplace and they give us a 50 item wishlist? ) I can barely picture how to design a database with this sort of limitation that makes any sense and I struggle to imagine how it can take them over a year (even with COVID-19, because that appears to have increased spending on videogames, which by extension means more game developers and thus more people using the marketplace, so it should by extension have remained an important priority regardless of whatever COVID-19 related staffing issues they may have internally) to fix an issue as serious as "After I spend $$$ you dont' give me access to what I paid for." Developers bend over backwards to make sure that the time involved in getting through each step of "take customer payment details -> process payment -> show success -> make content accessible" in every project I've ever worked on as a developer... does Epic not seem to think its important we still be able to make purchases after a thousand assets? (Only ~500 paid items in reality... since theres ~475 items free in the marketplace + whatever is on sale each month continuing to chip away at the remaining items if you add each month's free content to your Vault)
          Last edited by TechDrgn; 01-02-2021, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Yes, problem still bothers me a lot. And after such a long time, most that bothers me is that the problem is known by epic from (at least) June 2019 and Launcher got tons of updates since ... but still 1.000 asset limit exist. Also still more sorting, filtering, more features for heavy market place asset user would be simply great.
            Next Game: Regain Earth: First Strike - A co-op multiplayer Action Shooter Game. Website TwitterYouTube RedditSteam

Comment

Faced the same bug. It is very painful to switch between accounts. Epic, please fix it as soon as possible!

Comment

What the hell!!?! I buy stuff and can't get it? You guys need to fix this ****! I've spent so much money here I can't even say how much it is! I need my stuff!

Comment

I have the same issue and definitely started happening or at least got worse as assets went over the 1000 mark. At the very least, let items be downloaded from the web instead of trying to switch to the launcher until it is fixed. It obviously knows you have it purchased and/or added to your account because it has the "write review" button available as well as the "owned" swatch when viewing them in the store and shows as purchased under the account in transactions. So it can't be that you simply can't own or have more an 1000 assets in your account, it obviously knows you own it by those metrics. In reality, when viewing an individual asset, it should be checking ownership for that one asset so it doesn't make a lot of sense why the total amount of assets even matters. You would think that would only come into play in say the total library list. This really isn't that difficult of an issue to resolve. This is simply an arbitrary limitation that was hard coded into the system/database probably by some junior programmer they pawned this task off onto since everyone else would want to be working on the engine or Fortnite.

I mean if you don't have the bandwidth to do it in-house, contract it out to hire an outside company like mine and get it done. I would be glad to update and fix an application/website/API I use literally everyday to make my job and life easier. We all know it isn't a cost/budget issue for the reason it isn't getting fixed with that Fortnite money rolling in so it has to be a developer bandwidth issue. There are so many issues and additions that this application needs to make it more user friendly and more usable in general.

At this point, I need an API or a way to get a list of everything owned just to figure what is missing from the library, there is so much that is missing. I resorted to going through all the purchase history manually and adding them to a spreadsheet for now which is also how I know for a fact I have over 1000 and lots that are missing/unavailable. Would be nice to have a way to download everything as well without having to use the launcher or at least that functionality in the launcher. UE4 isn't exactly the best option for creating a scalable desktop application either for thousands of assets, there are much better frameworks. Of course, the website has the same issue so I can assume it is some arbitrary backend/API limitation that has been hard coded, but was probably that way because of the launcher and its limitations, in the beginning.

The fact that this is still an issue years later though is ridiculous by anyone's standards and kind of total disrespect to people who literally spends tens of thousands of dollars in your store each year.

Click image for larger version  Name:	purchased.png Views:	5 Size:	28.4 KB ID:	1856336 Click image for larger version  Name:	detail.png Views:	5 Size:	274.9 KB ID:	1856337 Click image for larger version  Name:	owned.png Views:	5 Size:	66.8 KB ID:	1856338

Thanks,

Chad
                  Last edited by Jusedawg; 01-26-2021, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Thanks for posting screenshots Jusedawg hopefully it will be helpful for new people to discover they have this problem rather than being confused.

I agree completely that I suspect its a developer bandwidth issue. They have known about this issue for about 2 years now, and every month's free content brings customers closer to this limit.

I suspect I'll have to join you in keeping a spreadsheet, but to be brutally honest, I'm considering actively abandoning any work using UE4... life is short and I'm too old for this s***.

I'm not working with a huge team that has all the employees they need to make everything needed in house... If Epic can't be bothered maintaining a functioning and adequate (and not having stupid limits like this definitely falls into what I would call minimum required functionality) interface to purchase content for their engine, then the engine clearly isn't meant for people like me.

Comment

I have run into this problem as well. Epic, you need to fix this. And not the add a second account BS or wait till UE5 gets built. Some of us may not switch to UE5 but need to access the assets WE ALREADY PAID FOR!

Comment

what i see about assets its not for using them inside your project, its just for ideas, BP's, C++, materials, meshes, rigs skeleton, rigged modules ....etc, you need to copy everything from the asset with understanding to your project, that's it.
                        What I Miss ! What He Forget ! What UE Change !!!

Comment

Working...
                        X