No announcement yet.

BP FPS Assault Rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, thanks for all your suggestions and taking the time to post them with pics and all... From interactions with customers, I have the same impression as you, people seem to dig more the realism/tactical side of shooting than the arcade side. Now regarding the implementation, I have to say I wouldn't do things like hybrid trace/projectile systems or auto-zeroing... I prefer a more direct approach: only projectiles and fixed or manual zero, or for a more arcade style, traces only...

Now, regarding your questions:

Originally posted by OneShotGG View Post
    Quick question though. If I use your gun align system on a tps character with no FPS mesh and used per bone blending for just the arms would it work? If I recall I also need to switch from tps camera to the FPS camera BEFORE allowing your system to aim for it to align correctly?
    It's hard to say without testing in your specific setup. I think it wouldn't break the alignment, but that really wouldn't mean much. I have experimented a little with this asset on a whole body mesh, and I can say that, while it's relatively easy to preserve alignment and everything looks good while you're in FP view, from an outside view the pose is broken and unusable. And it will take a good amount of time and effort to make it usable. And yes, you'd have to first move the camera to FP position before starting to aim (because an outsider would see your arms chasing the camera while it's moving still), but that would be the least of your problems. It's safe to say this asset, in its current state, doesn't work for third person games and you should only try to work around this if you're really willing to put a good amount of effort.

This is a recurring request from customers (which I think goes back to the point of most people preferring a realistic/tactical approach), so I feel tempted to actually take the time needed to include that in both my assets, it would probably boost the sales. But right now I can't.

Originally posted by OneShotGG View Post
    Good luck with your asset, I really dig your auto align system. Very cool.
    Thanks for your kind words... I don't own a VR set yet, but it's in my wish list. As soon as I get one, I'll check your asset!
    My Marketplace assets:

BP FPS Assault Rifle

Gun Sight Auto-Aligner

Comment

Updated to v1.3.2

Change log:

- Fixed a bug included in the last version (1.3.1) where using other anims instead of the provided ones would make the transition form hip to aiming down sights very jumpy. It was due to an accidental unchecking of a checkbox in one of the CopyBone nodes in the anim blueprint.

- Other minor fixes like text tips on screen, etc.

- Included, in the product page, a link to download a playable demo
      Last edited by PeaceSells_; 11-02-2019, 08:57 AM.
      My Marketplace assets:

BP FPS Assault Rifle

Gun Sight Auto-Aligner

Comment

Updated to v1.3.3

Change log:

- All first person anim sequeces were reimported. The new sequences have the hand IK bones (ik_hand_gun, ik_hand_r and ik_hand_l) stationary at the default position (Epic's default pose). The old sequences had ik_hand_gun and ik_hand_r match hand_r position, and ik_hand_l match hand_l position every frame. This change was made to avoid blending problems when adding user custom animations. It makes no difference if you use all sequences with the IKs in the default position or all sequences with the IKs matching the hand bones, but a mix of sequences of the two styles gives blending problems. Since most custom sequences out there leave these IK bones stationary at the default position, now they can be mixed with the asset's own sequences without blending problems.

- Removed custom object channels and trace channels (collision) presets from the Project Settings, because they were unecessarty.

- Not all CopyBone checkboxes were fixed in the last update, which was meant to fix them. Now they all were fixed.
        Last edited by PeaceSells_; 12-05-2019, 10:45 AM.
        My Marketplace assets:

BP FPS Assault Rifle

Gun Sight Auto-Aligner

Comment

Updated to v1.3.4

Change log:

- The cosmetic gun rotations (sway) due to player input now only use the aimpoint as pivot when aiming down sights. When not aiming, the rotations use the hand_r bone as pivot, like it was before v1.3.1, because it looks better when not aiming.

- Fixed an issue that would prevent animations from being played correcly if the semi-auto mode was set as the starting fire mode.
          My Marketplace assets:

BP FPS Assault Rifle

Gun Sight Auto-Aligner

Comment

Working...
          X