BP FPS Assault Rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SUPPORT] BP FPS Assault Rifle

Welcome to the BP FPS Assault Rifle support thread!

Playable demo

Change logs:

v1.1.0 change log

v1.2.0 change log
    v1.2.1 change log

v1.2.2 change log
    v1.3.0 change log

v1.3.1 change log
    v1.3.2 change log

Click image for larger version  Name:	Thumbnail2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	26.0 KB ID:	1626659

Product page:

https://unrealengine.com/marketplace...unctionalities

Video demo/tutorial:

Description
    • Features are intended to be configurable through changing the default values of specific variables (labelled as "Customization" variables in their respective blueprints)
    • Two different attachment sights - iron sights and optic sight - with automatic procedural centralization on screen when aiming down sights
    • Simulates bullet in chamber, with different reload animations - one for when the gun chamber is empty and one for when it's loaded
    • Configurable dynamic shooting spread, caused independently by player movements and player shooting
    • Configurable recoil
    • Configurable fire modes - SAFE, SEMI-AUTO, BURST and AUTO, configurable fire rates, and option for trace fire or projectile fire
    • Switch weapons logic implemented
    • Animations for the Epic's first person arms (SK_Mannequin_Arms) skeleton
    • Anim Blueprint that manages all animations and uses a State Machine
    • Procedurally generated animations that add cosmetic dynamic gun movements based on player inputs, player firing and jumping
    • Procedural dynamic crosshair reflecting the dynamic spread of the shots. Crosshair size, thickness, outline and dynamic gap are configurable
    • Hitmarker when weapon shots hits Pawns
    • Includes materials and textures

Not included:
    • Network replication
    • Third Person meshes and animations
    • Sounds
    • Particle effects
    Technical Details

Features:

11 Blueprints:

1 GunBase blueprint plus 6 examples of child data-only blueprints

1 Projectile blueprint for when using projectile instead of trace fire

1 DemoCharacter blueprint with only the needed code to make the gun work

1 AnimBlueprint for the DemoCharacter FP arms

1 HUD widget blueprint

2 Skeletal Meshes (LODs:0):

Main gun mesh (only receiver, grip, stock, barrel and handguard. Other parts are modeled as attachments). Triangles: 9,292. Vertices: 9,946

Rear flippable iron sight. Triangles: 816. Vertices: 882

5 Static Meshes (LODs:0):

Optics dot sight, Front iron sight, Magazine, Muzzle break, Handguard.

Triangles: between 422 - 3990; Vertices: between 480 - 4015

Master Materials: 8

Material Instances: 25

Textures: 21

Main gun mesh: 4096x4096 size textures

Attachments: sizes from 512x512 to 2048x2048 depending on the attachment

Small size textures used for aim reticule and hitmarker

Animation Sequences (First Person for Epic's SK_Mannequin_Arms): 9

Fire, Aiming fire, Reload with loaded chamber, Reload with empty chamber, Idle, Walk, Run, Equip, UnEquip

Input: Pre-configured for mouse and keyboard

Network Replicated: NO

Supported Development Platforms: Tested only on Windows Desktop

Supported Target Build Platforms: Windows Desktop

Documentation: Description on-screen (press the I key), plus several tooltips and comments in the blueprints themselves

Important/Additional Notes: Doesn't include Third Person meshes and animations, doesn't include sounds, particle effects and network replication

Please feel free to post any questions, issues, feedback, etc...

Thanks and have a good one!
    Last edited by PeaceSells_; 11-01-2019, 01:35 PM.
    My Marketplace assets:

BP FPS Assault Rifle

Gun Sight Auto-Aligner

Updated to v1.1.0

Change log:

- Materials and textures redone for the main mesh and the handguard mesh - the new material has customizable wear and dirt, separated masks for metal and polymer parts, etc. (the other meshes will also get updated materials of this new standard on future updates). A few examples of what can be done now with the new material (these instances are included with the update):

Click image for larger version

Name:	BiColor.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	209.2 KB
ID:	1638395

Name:	BoltWornDirty.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	353.2 KB
ID:	1638396

Name:	Blood.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	293.7 KB
ID:	1638397

Name:	Worn.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	281.2 KB
ID:	1638398
    - Handguard is now a separated mesh from the main mesh

- Small refinements in the geometry at the forward assist area

- Updated the method for hiding/unhiding crosshair when aiming down sights

- Play rate of walk and run anims are now variables

- Fixed sRGB setting on mask textures - now mask textures are RGB instead of sRGB
    Last edited by PeaceSells_; 07-04-2019, 08:46 AM.
    My Marketplace assets:

BP FPS Assault Rifle

Gun Sight Auto-Aligner

Comment

Updated to v1.2.0

Change log:

- Incorporated the sight alignment code from the Gun Sight Auto-Aligner, which means now there's no need for the Aim anim sequence and the AimFire (fire while aiming) anim sequence. (The previous alignment method used was the precursor of the Gun Sight Auto-Aligner asset).

- An IK was added to the right hand, so now both hands have an IK.

- Added a debug external camera for checking hands/arms position.

- Changed method of identifying the gun's main mesh. Now, instead of giving the component a specific name, you give it a specific tag.

- Material and textures for the FlipSightRear were redone in the new standard.

- Fixed: if weapon had different fire rates for different fire modes, changing fire mode would change fire rate but not play rate of the fire anim.
      Last edited by PeaceSells_; 07-29-2019, 11:42 AM.
      My Marketplace assets:

BP FPS Assault Rifle

Gun Sight Auto-Aligner

Comment

Updated to v1.2.1

Change log:

- Material and textures for the magazine were redone in the new standard, which includes configurable wear and dirt.

- Included customization for the dot reticle color, size and intensity.

- Moved show/hide HUD dot aiming reticle functionality from the anim blueprint to the HUD widget blueprint.

- Reorganization of the folder structure.
        My Marketplace assets:

BP FPS Assault Rifle

Gun Sight Auto-Aligner

Comment

Updated to v1.2.2

Change log:

- Fixed: on-screen tip about input keys for jump and fire (WB_DemoHud blueprint) were missing their respective keys (this would generate message log errors when playing in "New Editor Window").

- Added: Suppressor attachment.

- Known current issue: crosshair will not hide properly when the aim down sights button is pressed during a very short period of time (a few milliseconds) while blending at the end of the Equip anim sequence. This is due to the respective transition notifies in the State Machine not getting fired in this situation. This will be fixed.

Pics of the new suppressor:

Name:	Suppressor2.jpg
Size:	202.0 KB
ID:	1654835

Name:	Suppressor1.jpg
Size:	177.8 KB
ID:	1654834

Name:	Suppressor3.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	107.3 KB
ID:	1654833
          My Marketplace assets:

BP FPS Assault Rifle

Gun Sight Auto-Aligner

Comment

In reply to Harri665 from the asset page in the Marketplace:

Add all the code highlighted in blue. This will insert another gun in the Inventory when you press T. It is added to the last position in the Inventory.

Click image for larger version  Name:	AddGunToInventory.jpg Views:	1 Size:	360.8 KB ID:	1656603
            Last edited by PeaceSells_; 09-15-2019, 06:29 PM.
            My Marketplace assets:

BP FPS Assault Rifle

Gun Sight Auto-Aligner

Comment

Updated to v1.3.0

Change log:

- Implemented replication (1st iteration)

- Included Epic's SK_Mannequin (entire body) with animations, aim offsets, etc. for the purpose of testing replication

- Implemented simple crouch mechanics (1st iteration) for the purpose of testing replication

- Included simple shot impacts and gun muzzle effects (particles) for the purpose of testing replication

- Generated LODs inside the Unreal Editor for the parts of the gun that are static meshes (not yet for skeletal meshes)

- Added angle limits for the cosmetic gun rotations, to avoid the HUD dot reticle being drawn out of the sight lens at extreme rotations

- Updated to UE4 v4.23
              My Marketplace assets:

BP FPS Assault Rifle

Gun Sight Auto-Aligner

Comment

In reply to Harri665 from the Marketplace questions section:

Find this code in the B_GunProjectile blueprint:

Name:	Projectile.jpg
Size:	287.1 KB
ID:	1668393

If you want all cubes, make this modification:

Name:	Projectile2.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	325.2 KB
ID:	1668394

If you want only some cubes in the map, click on each of them them in the map, go to the Details panel, Tag section and add the tag "Hitmarker":

Name:	Cube.jpg
Size:	331.4 KB
ID:	1668395

Then go back to the B_GunProjectile blueprint and do this modification instead:

Name:	Projectile3.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	298.3 KB
ID:	1668396

I suspect that these cubes are not what you really want, so please tell me if you have something more specific in mind!
                My Marketplace assets:

BP FPS Assault Rifle

Gun Sight Auto-Aligner

Comment

Is the character class contain 2 meshes one for fps view for owner and one for multiplayer or its running on a single mesh?

Comment

Currenlty it's running two meshes, one for 1st person view and one for multiplayer. In the future this might be changed, but it wouldn't be in a near future though...

Check this thread in the future, every change log is posted here, with links in the first post.
                    My Marketplace assets:

BP FPS Assault Rifle

Gun Sight Auto-Aligner

Comment

Updated to v1.3.1

Change log:

- Tweaked the auto-aligning and cosmetic gun rotations method. It now uses less nodes and is easier to control, since now the location/rotation of the sight's aimpoint is directly controlled by a bone (sight's location/rotation is the same of the bone).

- Aiming is no longer a separete state in the state machine. In order to allow for variable aiming down sights speed, aiming is now implemented through BlendPosesByBool nodes inside other states.

- Added customization variables for aiming down sights speed and cycle between sights speed.

- Added customization variables for the amplitude of the procedural animation for firing while aiming down sights.

- Fixed the issue of crosshair not hiding properly if the aim down sights button was pressed during a very short period of time (a few milliseconds) while blending at the end of the Equip anim sequence.
                      My Marketplace assets:

BP FPS Assault Rifle

Gun Sight Auto-Aligner

Comment

In reponse to Schytheron from the Marketplace page:

I am interested in purchasing this asset but I have some questions:

What are the differences between this asset and your other "Gun Sight Auto Aligner"? To me they look identical functionality wise. Are the meshes and animations the only difference between the two assets? Why should I buy this over the cheaper one?
                        This asset has, besides, auto-aligning, much more stuff: fire modes, reloading (with animations), switching weapons (with animations), inventory, sprinting (with animation), customizeable gun materials, etc. It's a weapon system, so it's much more complex. The Gun Sight Auto Aligner has just the auto aligning part of this asset, so it's aimed at those who already have their own weapon system and only need a solution for aligning sights. It's not that much cheaper if you consider proportional amount of content (the BP FPS Assault Rifle has much more stuff), but its lower complexity will probably make your life easier if all you want is a gun sight aligning solution.

I noticed in your demo build that the recoil of the gun just goes straight up. Are you able to customize the recoil pattern of guns?
                        The only customization included out of the box for recoil is the amount. It works by adding pitch to the controller (thus, the camera) at each shot, then removing all the pitch it added once you stop firing. The amount added per shot is the customizeable variable and it doesn't include any randomization (all randomization is in the spread). In order to create more complex recoil, I suppose you'd have to include some randomization and duplicate the code to yaw/roll too. You'd have to try on your end... That said, I can help through Discord, support thread, etc., if you encouter problems.

I also noticed in the demo that if you activate "Semi" or "Burst" fire mode, you're able to spam mouse click and shoot the gun way faster than the intended fire rate. Is this a bug that you plan to fix in the near future?
                        This is because it currently lacks any code to check fire button pressing intervals. It's something that I might implement in the future (not near though), and I can't promise...

I also noticed that the ADS sway in the demo matches the rate of the hip-fire sway. So if you use iron sights it's impossible to aim with the gun if you move your mouse too fast (due to the sway being way too high). Are you able to adjust the hip-fire sway and ADS sway individually?
                        You are able to adjust the sway for hip-fire and ADS individually and per axis for each one. You had the impression that they were the same in the demo because the values for hip-fire and ADS were left indeed very similar, but they are actually slightly different and separately configurable. But you actually never need to worry about moving the mouse too fast, because the ADS sway intentionally keeps the front post of the iron sight always in the center of the screen to serve as aiming reference 100% of the time. If it's a dot sight, it's the dot that's kept in the center of the screen 100% of the time. Since shots come off from the center of the screen, you are always able to aim regardless of how fast you move the mouse and regardless of if it's an ironsight or not.

In the future, I might change to shots that come off from the actual barrel, but if I do, the gun sway system and specially the dot placement will be revised to also behave realistically.

If there's anything more you want to know, don't hesitate to ask.
                        My Marketplace assets:

BP FPS Assault Rifle

Gun Sight Auto-Aligner

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceSells_ View Post
                          In reponse to Schytheron from the Marketplace page:
                          In the future, I might change to shots that come off from the actual barrel, but if I do, the gun sway system and specially the dot placement will be revised to also behave realistically.
                          Won't that make the aiming less accurate?

Comment

Originally posted by Schytheron View Post
                            Won't that make the aiming less accurate?
                            That's a good question and that's why I haven't decided yet if I should implement this or not. From a realism perspective, I can claim it won't be less accurate because shots will always be going where they would IRL while the sights will also always be pointing where they would IRL, considering I make the dot move to where it would IRL when the sight moves. For ironsights I don't even have to do anything. It's going to be harder to aim with ironsights, since the front post won't serve as marker for the impact point anymore when the gun is swaying, but I will claim that this is exactly how ironsights work IRL and any deviation between the impact point and your sight point will be the same deviation that would happen IRL. Another thing that will make it harder to aim for both ironsights and dot sights is that aiming will no longer be 1:1 with mouse movement, since it will be decoupled from the camera. That's why I'll have to think of another kind of sway, because the current sway would make it feel like your aim is mouse accelerated.

Now this kind of change would make this asset less appropriate for skill-based flick shooters. For those, you really want some reliable marker on the screen all the time that will move 1:1 with your mouse. So that kinda holds me back when I think about implementing this, but honestly I'm gravitating more about taking the more realistic/tactical route than an arcade flick shooter route with this asset. I would really like to hear feedback, specially from owners of this asset, would they feel ok with this, because I personally feel the gains would outweight the losses.
                            My Marketplace assets:

BP FPS Assault Rifle

Gun Sight Auto-Aligner

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceSells_ View Post

That's a good question and that's why I haven't decided yet if I should implement this or not. From a realism perspective, I can claim it won't be less accurate because shots will always be going where they would IRL while the sights will also always be pointing where they would IRL, considering I make the dot move to where it would IRL when the sight moves. For ironsights I don't even have to do anything. It's going to be harder to aim with ironsights, since the front post won't serve as marker for the impact point anymore when the gun is swaying, but I will claim that this is exactly how ironsights work IRL and any deviation between the impact point and your sight point will be the same deviation that would happen IRL. Another thing that will make it harder to aim for both ironsights and dot sights is that aiming will no longer be 1:1 with mouse movement, since it will be decoupled from the camera. That's why I'll have to think of another kind of sway, because the current sway would make it feel like your aim is mouse accelerated.

Now this kind of change would make this asset less appropriate for skill-based flick shooters. For those, you really want some reliable marker on the screen all the time that will move 1:1 with your mouse. So that kinda holds me back when I think about implementing this, but honestly I'm gravitating more about taking the more realistic/tactical route than an arcade flick shooter route with this asset. I would really like to hear feedback, specially from owners of this asset, would they feel ok with this, because I personally feel the gains would outweight the losses.
                              Saw your auto align asset and then your gun. Decided to drop in and see what you had planned then saw your questions.

As someone who is a firearm junkie, and a developer who sells assets for UE4 I will give my advice here. Arcade style "games" are practically dead. Even COD uses more realistic gun handling now. I have never had a customer ask for more arcade features but constantly get requests for more sim features.

In modern games, bullets should ALWAYS fire from the muzzle as it keeps people from being able to just barely aim the camera (sight) over an object and fire safely while the actual muzzle is buried in a box or wall or something. This brings complications as you have to use zeroing. For raytraced bullets this isn't such a huge deal as you can adjust the zero based on the cameras line trace and then fire the bullet from the muzzle to that point. But with projectiles people think they run into issues but in reality they don't. Guns in the real world use projectiles and are only accurate at point blank and their zero. They shouldn't be accurate at all distances.

The systems I have always designed worked like this.

Line traced bullets: Initial line cast comes from the camera and goes out to the hit point, As long as that hit point is greater than 2M then you align the muzzle to this point blank and fire the bullet in that direction from the muzzle. If it is less than 2m you just fire straight from the muzzle with no offset. This isn't 100% realistic but its simple. In other words, aim the muzzle where the sight's zero currently is and then apply your spread.

Projectile bullets: Initial line cast comes from the camera and goes out to the "Point Blank", then you align the muzzle to this point blank and fire the bullet in that direction from the muzzle. Again its not realistic but in the real world guns are actually held aiming slightly upwards to align with the sight. For games we need to swap that for simplicity. In other words, aim the muzzle where the sight's zero currently is and then apply your spread.

Hybrid System: Within 30m use hitscan method, if not hit then use projectile. This is great to lower network issues as you are firing less projectiles in CQC combat. There is also no reason to use a projectile <30m.

I uploaded an attachment that shows what I do. Yes I use the Red X method simply because its much easier and requires less hassle. The player will never notice the difference as the amount the muzzle gets canted upwards is relatively small (that image is an exaggeration). The first place the projectile crosses the "Line of Sight" is called point blank, the second is the zero point. For this example a scope zeroed at 200 will only be accurate at 50 and 200 using a correct projectile system.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_174700.jpg Views:	1 Size:	63.8 KB ID:	1674033

I also use dynamic zeroing based on the type of sight. Hipfire I change the zero between 15m and 30m based on what the camera trace hits (hipfire zero is a **** shoot because of the horizontal offset). Ironsights and Red dots/holo sights I zero at 50/200m. Scopes I zero at 100m. You can allow the player to do their own zeroing but even in games that have it (BF and PUBG) people almost never change their zero. You could zero everything at 100 but you will always be shooting low <100m with Red dot sights in that case. Its up to you to decide that trade off. General public knowledge of how guns work is so low that some people flat don't understand why their 50m zero is shooting over the enemy's head at 100m. Pubg got around this by zeroing everything at 100m i think.

The most annoying thing with zeroing and projectiles is that you have to manually zero your weapon sometimes. Though if you have your drag, speed, weight and gravity settings right the "Point blank" zeroing method gets you really close (still might have to do some manual muzzle tweaking). The issue you will find with point blank zeroing is a 100m zero pretty much has no point blank due to the trajectories flatness (top zero in the following image is 100m for an example).

Click image for larger version  Name:	mainqimg54a6d253d83ee2159d258ded42ec95a3.png Views:	1 Size:	24.2 KB ID:	1674036

Its fine to have a small amount of animation sway in the idle animations but the actual sway system should move the CAMERA not just the gun. It should be script based and not animation based. Look at PUBG or COD for sway systems.

Anyways my long winded answer with way too much information to your question is to always try to make your guns as realistic as possible. Unless you flat don't want to which is fine too :P.

Quick question though. If I use your gun align system on a tps character with no FPS mesh and used per bone blending for just the arms would it work? If I recall I also need to switch from tps camera to the FPS camera BEFORE allowing your system to aim for it to align correctly?

Good luck with your asset, I really dig your auto align system. Very cool.
                              Last edited by OneShotGG; 10-15-2019, 11:30 AM.
                              Heavy Diesel Softworks, LLC - Owner
                              Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheRedfoxx777
                              Weapon Master VR Tutorial Stream Every Monday 2:30pm to 5pm CST.https://www.twitch.tv/redfoxx777
                              Assets:
                              Weapon Master VR

Comment

Working...
                              X