Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vegetation Pack 1 [Submited]

Hello guys, so here whats in the pack right now:

- 169 quality high res flowers/leafs textures 4k/2k/1k (all scaled down from 5-8k, nothing is scaled up)
    - 169 normals maps and materials for them
    - 40 models (all have secondary UV, every model have 3 lod levels, more that 120 meshes)

I am taking requests, if you need any special plant, I will try to add it to the collection.

Any feedback is welcome!

Here are some samples:

Click image for larger version

Name:	HighresScreenshot00001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	390.8 KB
ID:	1138263

Name:	HighresScreenshot00008.jpg
Size:	382.6 KB
ID:	1138268

Name:	HighresScreenshot00010.jpg
Size:	742.6 KB
ID:	1138730

Name:	HighresScreenshot00004.jpg
Size:	242.4 KB
ID:	1138264

Name:	HighresScreenshot00005.jpg
Size:	473.1 KB
ID:	1138265

Name:	HighresScreenshot00007.jpg
Size:	421.0 KB
ID:	1138266

Name:	HighresScreenshot00006.jpg
Size:	348.7 KB
ID:	1138267

Name:	HighresScreenshot00009.jpg
Size:	218.1 KB
ID:	1138417

Name:	HighresScreenshot00011.jpg
Size:	632.5 KB
ID:	1138725

Name:	HighresScreenshot00012.jpg
Size:	675.5 KB
ID:	1138726

Name:	HighresScreenshot00013.jpg
Size:	700.8 KB
ID:	1138727

Name:	HighresScreenshot00014.jpg
Size:	664.9 KB
ID:	1138728

Name:	HighresScreenshot00015.jpg
Size:	483.4 KB
ID:	1138729
    Last edited by TDoro; 09-23-2014, 06:33 AM.

Hey! Looks pretty good. Does the vegetation include LODs?

Comment

@KoldKam, betwen 3-7 LOD levels

Comment

Very nice!

Twitter - @TheCSilverman

Ancient Cistern | Advanced Material Pack Ed. 1 | Advanced Material Pack Ed. 2 | Advanced Material Pack Ed. 3 | Texture Pack Ed. 1 | Container Pack Ed. 1 | Road Sign Pack Ed. 1

Comment

Thanks guys! I will keep updating

Comment

This is very nice!

Comment

I dislike creating vegetation personally, so this would be handy to have - even if just for prototyping purposes. What kind of price point are you looking to achieve with these?

Comment

Hi Daniel, the price will be very cheap for all pack.

Indeed, is very time consuming to make it, starting from making alpha maps from 8k texture, to modeling and tweaking.

Comment

Pack is ready, I've updated the screenshots!

Please let me know if you guys have any requests!

Comment

@TDoro
                    They are gorgeous...
                    Will definitely buy them.
                    Keep it up.

Comment

These are absolutely lovely! Will likely be picking this up release day!
                      DO contact me with questions about Blueprint or other Unreal features! I don't bite! Or charge money! Just press that blue Skype button and fire away.

Project Culverin - Open Ended First Person Shooter

Comment

Wonderful .

Comment

You should work more on the normals instead of just auto generating them with the same settings.
                          The Saintpaulias looks really strange for example, they should have smooth, thick, fuzzy leaves, not wrinkly uneven ones like yours. And certainly not as shiny.
                          Most of your leaves seems to be way to wrinkly. Unless they're sallad or something most green foliage is fairly smooth.
                          Also you might want to write what polycount they have, when it comes to foliage, polycount is usually very important.

Comment

+1 for addressing normals issues. On some they even look inverted, and generally too strong. I will say that photosourcing foliage is often one of the worst things you can do - you're much better off modeling high poly versions and then baking that to a card to get better normals and curvature for your planes.

These aren't bad as placeholders, but I wouldn't put anything of this quality into a final game with those sorts of rendering issues. I don't mean that to be insulting, just to be honest. You can improve these and I'm sure in doing so, you'll get more sales. Good luck!

Comment

Thanks for feedback and critique!

@Sitrec, about "Saintpaulias", this one is European specie, and leafs are wrinkly, and some leafs are fluffy. About poly-count, I will probable do that, there are over 120 meshes, lots of text to put somewhere

@MooseCommander, some normals are "aggressive", but this can be changed very easy. Also the roughness can be changed with a click, depending on how you like the final model to be, I don't see any rendering issue here, you can tweak the material as you like, roughness, even color for more variations.

About photo sourcing foliage, so far I think is the best way to do it. You recommendation with high-poly versions and bake work only in some scenarios, because you lock your geometry to a shape. By example, most of models in this pack support material exchange, meaning, you can use same mesh but change different leafs/flowers material. This was my intention also, to do not lock leaf/flower geometry.

Comment

Working...
                              X