Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SUPPORT] Can't download assets with Linux

Hi guys,

I'm aware that the Epic Launcher hasn't been ported to Linux (although it's been released to MacOS which should make it much easier to port to Linux); however, I have no way of downloading an asset I bought in the Marketplace when I'm on Linux. First, because the Launcher itself doesn't run on it, and second, because the web-based Marketplace itself delegates the download to the Launcher via xdg-open (i.e. it tries to reach the default program to handle the specific URI protocol that the Marketplace uses). The result, then, is that if I'm on Linux I have no means whatsoever of downloading assets from the Marketplace - instead, I'm having to make my wife angry by asking to use her computer which has Windows installed, so that I can download the assets from there and manually copy them to my computer.

I mean, come on, how hard is it to put a regular download link on the vault asset page? Having a URI that launches the Launcher is totally useless, if I have a Win/Mac computer with the Launcher installed I can just download it from there. Sometimes it feels like it's made harder on purpose for Linux users.

No intention to bash you guys. Best game engine ever, amazing job. But man, it's also the hardest game engine to run on Linux that I've tried, by far.

Thanks,
    Diogo
Working...
X