[RELEASED] AI Spline-Based Movement System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I've integrated the plugin into our game and everything seems to be working well except for the triggering of smart nav links. We have functionality tied to the onSmartLinkReached which is no longer getting called. The simple links are working fine. It looks like something is not maintaining the CustomLinkID's on the path points. I was wondering if there were any known issues with smart links with the plugin.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by greenpine82 View Post
    Does this plugin support UE 4.23?
    Not yet but will be later on this week (waiting for approval from the Epic).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Does this plugin support UE 4.23?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by amekassa90 View Post

If you implement a dynamic avoidance system, I'll definitely pick this up. But without avoidance, I dont really have any need for it Looks good though!
    Custom dynamic avoidance system* tho. Til as I said before - for now it's works with a default ones (RVO & Crowd Manager) and works well.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Vemaster View Post
    Hello. I want to thank all my customers for buying this plugin, for the feedback you gave me and for the positive ratings! Also I want to mark that the roadmap was finally updated so now it has something to show you, and after the few bugfixes, I'm getting to work on the first update of the core functionality - asynchronous move to node: this the first new feature is based on the feedback that I got from you, and will be done in the very near future, but I guess will be downloadable only by the middle of next week

If you implement a dynamic avoidance system, I'll definitely pick this up. But without avoidance, I dont really have any need for it Looks good though!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Vaei View Post

I got really busy and forgot to check the thread, did you look into this or should I still email you?
    I looked into this twice and can't replicate this bug. It's just works perfect to me which is wrong. So yes, send me email with more additional information, please.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Hi. This is very strange, because almost all the testing I did with "Use Acceleration for Paths" enabled... I'll investigate this carefully on this week or on next weekend and definitely will fix it as soon as possible. Please write me on antisocial4tr@gmail.com so that I could quickly get additional info from you if needed. Really apologize for this critical bug that I missed.
    I got really busy and forgot to check the thread, did you look into this or should I still email you?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Vaei View Post
    Its broken when "Use Acceleration for Paths" is enabled. Once it stops moving the first time it will no longer be able to move.
    Spline-Based Move To: https://i.drowningdragons.io/crxXFRgB5.mp4
    AI Move To (default UE4 move to): https://i.drowningdragons.io/IiHPddx51.mp4
    Hi. This is very strange, because almost all the testing I did with "Use Acceleration for Paths" enabled... I'll investigate this carefully on this week or on next weekend and definitely will fix it as soon as possible. Please write me on antisocial4tr@gmail.com so that I could quickly get additional info from you if needed. Really apologize for this critical bug that I missed.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Its broken when "Use Acceleration for Paths" is enabled. Once it stops moving the first time it will no longer be able to move.
    Spline-Based Move To: https://i.drowningdragons.io/crxXFRgB5.mp4
    AI Move To (default UE4 move to): https://i.drowningdragons.io/IiHPddx51.mp4

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by daosino View Post
    Anyone can point me out where the plugin installed on my PC, I can't find any of the file, even when searching with all the different word of the name of the plugin. I looked in my Vault, in Plugins, in the Engine, All Content folder, but no luck. Even while searching my entire computer using all the keywords of the name of the plugin, I can't find any file(s) and/or folder(s). I would appreciate if someone can point me out, where to find the plugin, as I need to move it, so our devs can use it. Many thanks!
    Hi! I already answered to your question under the product's page comment section and I guess I was right, but just to be gentle I'll copy-paste my answer here too:

Try to reinstall plugin. Also you should find out it's files at %Engine Folder%/Engine/Plugins/Marketplace/
    For example, full path to the plugin's folder on my PC looks like this C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.22\Engine\Plugins\Marketplace\AISplineBasedMovementSystem

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey guys! Submitted this plugin to the Unreal Engine Marketplace Summer Flash Sale - so you can get it with 30% discount, starting now.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Anyone can point me out where the plugin installed on my PC, I can't find any of the file, even when searching with all the different word of the name of the plugin. I looked in my Vault, in Plugins, in the Engine, All Content folder, but no luck. Even while searching my entire computer using all the keywords of the name of the plugin, I can't find any file(s) and/or folder(s). I would appreciate if someone can point me out, where to find the plugin, as I need to move it, so our devs can use it. Many thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied

Hello! No, my approach & result a bit different. You can do you own code in your animation instance to make the head look at the direction of anything you want at the levels, but no - you can't get info about next point on path from this plugin if you asked about it. If one more person asks for it, I will add this feature in the next minor update. And I live in Russia so I understand that the lack of regional prices in the Marketplace is a problem and so I also don't buy anything without discounts too because of the bad economy.

I'm asking for it. We planned to do it long before this plugin regardless of how we did the AI movement (also following the same article). We definitely want the spline based avoidance too but its uncertain if you'll reach 250 sales - thats roughly 20 grand. Hopefully you'll do it regardless

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Infinity9115 View Post
    Thanks for your answer, yes maybe it will be à gréât information for me ! I saw your avoidance demo but in fact I want to know if I could put à detourcrowd controller on a pawn not à character ? (I think détour crowd is using character movement so it will not work on a pawn class ?)
    Hi. I made profiling tests for you on two different levels where 500 actors (pawns) moves to the constantly moving target goal.

Performance profiling results:
    1) Simple route, standard MoveTo
    2) Simple route, spline-based MoveTo
    3) Compex route, standard MoveTo
    4) Complex route, spline-based MoveTo

You can download .ue4stats files here if needed.

So as you can see on the routes with obstacles and 500 moving pawns you will get about 2ms worse average general performance and much better average peak performance due to the multi-threaded methods used.

I also found out that yes, you can't use RVO Avoidance and Crowd Manager with Pawns - not with my plugin, nor with the standard MoveTo as well. As I get it both of them works only with Characters and UCharacterMovementComponent.
    Last edited by Vemaster; 05-11-2019, 05:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for your answer, yes maybe it will be à gréât information for me ! I saw your avoidance demo but in fact I want to know if I could put à detourcrowd controller on a pawn not à character ? (I think détour crowd is using character movement so it will not work on a pawn class ?)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X