X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by RobbeVlaeminck View Post
    Hi,
    Sorry for the late response, but I got it to work! The issue was indeed the media texture framework. For some reason it does not support 4096*4096 videos :/ quite a shame, but thanks for the help! Everything is working great now
    Thanks for the update! I'm glad you solved Often the most critical part for panoramic rendering are the used assets. In particular on mobile, devices could have many limitations/constraints.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi,
    Sorry for the late response, but I got it to work! The issue was indeed the media texture framework. For some reason it does not support 4096*4096 videos :/ quite a shame, but thanks for the help! Everything is working great now

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Alright, I bought the plugin, and its very easy to use, but Im having some slight issues. I added a stereopanoramic video to test things out, and while it works great in editor, the video is not playing on the Oculus Go. All I can see is a green texture(I added a screenshot), while the sound is working just fine. Both the ES2 and ES3.1 preview show the video just fine in the editor as well.
    The video is also in the correct 'Movies' folder, so it packages correctly.
    (The pink in the screenshot is just a rectangle to test the translucency sorting)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	com.YourCompany.NMBS_V1202001161433531.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	1709410
    Hi! The plugin doesn't interact with the video, it simply uses the specified Media Texture (updated by the UE4 Media Player) when drawing the panoramic sphere. So I suspect the problem could be with the decoding of the video on the Oculus Go (or the format of the Media Texture when running in the Oculus Go). Here some useful links. You should be able to verify the setup simply applying your Media Texture to a plane in your scene (without using the Stereo Panoramic Player plugin), then you should see your video playing on the 3D plane.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Alright, I bought the plugin, and its very easy to use, but Im having some slight issues. I added a stereopanoramic video to test things out, and while it works great in editor, the video is not playing on the Oculus Go. All I can see is a green texture(I added a screenshot), while the sound is working just fine. Both the ES2 and ES3.1 preview show the video just fine in the editor as well.
    The video is also in the correct 'Movies' folder, so it packages correctly.
    (The pink in the screenshot is just a rectangle to test the translucency sorting)

Name:	com.YourCompany.NMBS_V1202001161433531.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	1709410

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi! Thanks for the fast response!

So since its displaying the motion controllers with the translucent sort priority, Im assuming its rendering the stereoscopic images with a translucent material as well. Mobile GPUs dont like translucent materials all that much, so I was wondering what the actual performance impact of this is. How well does it run on an oculus quest? can it hit the targeted 72 hz while displaying videos?

Thanks again!

Kind regards,

Robbe
    You are right, the panoramic sphere uses a translucent material. But the rendering of the panoramic sphere is usually very cheap. We tested our Demo Application on both iOS and Android low-end devices (e.g. iPhone 6S) without noticing performance issues (with both images and videos). Usually - due their dimensions - the used assets are the more critical part for the final performances. Unfortunately I don't have numbers of the plugin running on the Oculus Quest. To keep an high frame rate, ensure to use texture that are POT and are using the best format for the hardware; for videos, ensure to encode them so that the decoding can be done in hardware.

(Just a clarification: the plugin doesn't render the motion controllers, if you want to render them then you have to follow the above instructions.)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi! Thanks for the fast response!

So since its displaying the motion controllers with the translucent sort priority, Im assuming its rendering the stereoscopic images with a translucent material as well. Mobile GPUs dont like translucent materials all that much, so I was wondering what the actual performance impact of this is. How well does it run on an oculus quest? can it hit the targeted 72 hz while displaying videos?

Thanks again!

Kind regards,

Robbe

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi! Thanks for asking. Answers below.

- Does this support point and click interaction with a motioncontroller (if so, which ones) or only with gazing?
    By default the Panoramic Director (the high-level API) doesn't use the motion controllers while in "panoramic" mode. But adding support to interact with the motion controllers is simple:If instead you are using the low level API, all interactions are managed manually. See https://www.unamedia.com/ue4-stereo-...ps_interaction .

Due to how UE4 renders transparent objects and how motion controller meshes are managed, visualizing the motion controllers inside the panoramic sphere requires two more steps:
    • you must assign Translucent materials to your motion controllers (if you're using a custom mesh it's trivial, otherwise you can rely on the Display Mesh Material Overrides property of the Motion Controller Component);

Name:	mat_override.PNG
Views:	25
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	1708534
    • you must set the property Translucent Sort Priority, of the static mesh component rendering the motion controllers (by default it should be the DisplayComponent property - but could change depending on the VR system used), to a value greater than 100. E.g. with the VIVE:

Name:	SetTranslucentSortPriority.PNG
Views:	44
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	1708533

- Does this support the Oculus Go and Quest?
    The plugin doesn't have any dependency on the used VR system, so it works on any device supported by UE4.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi there! Before buying Id love to know a few things:

- Does this support point and click interaction with a motioncontroller (if so, which ones) or only with gazing?
    - Does this support the Oculus Go and Quest?

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by heavyD_21 View Post
    Will you have support for Side by Side in the future?
    Hi! Not in the short time, as it's not a good format for stereo assets (textures would not be POT and could not fit into GPU memory, and resulting video resolutions could not be supported by hardware decoders). But if we'll collect sufficient requests, we'll look at it.

Anyway, if you need to support Side-by-Side with the current plugin (and assuming you can't convert your assets before processing them at run-time), you could try using a Render-To-Texture technique to convert the Side-by-Side format to Over-Under (using as Render Target the texture passed as input to the plugin).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Will you have support for Side by Side in the future?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by WaJie View Post
    Hi, since I used the plugin in my project, it can works well in editor and preview in the viewport mode, but I can package to win64exe success. What shoud I do to resolve the problem?
    There is the log:
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Running AutomationTool...
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Parsing command line: -ScriptsForProject=D:/Projects/HongShan_V/HongShan_V.uproject BuildCookRun -nocompile -nocompileeditor -installed -nop4 -project=D:/Projects/HongShan_V/HongShan_V.uproject -cook -stage -archive -archivedirectory=D:/Package/HongShan_V -package -clientconfig=Development -ue4exe=UE4Editor-Cmd.exe -c
    lean -pak -prereqs -nodebuginfo -targetplatform=Win64 -build -utf8output
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Setting up ProjectParams for D:\Projects\HongShan_V\HongShan_V.uproject
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): ********** BUILD COMMAND STARTED **********
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Running: C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.21\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\UnrealBuildTool.exe HongShan_V Win64 Development -Project=D:\Projects\HongShan_V\HongShan_V.uproject -clean D:\Projects\HongShan_V\HongShan_V.uproject -NoUBTMakefiles -remoteini="D:\Projects\HongShan_V" -skipdeploy -nobuilduht -NoHotReload -log="C:\U
    sers\FunImpress\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\C+Program+Files+Epic+Games+UE_4.21\UBT-HongShan_V-Win64-Development.txt"
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Took 2.5168015s to run UnrealBuildTool.exe, ExitCode=0
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Running: C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.21\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\UnrealBuildTool.exe HongShan_V Win64 Development -Project=D:\Projects\HongShan_V\HongShan_V.uproject D:\Projects\HongShan_V\HongShan_V.uproject -NoUBTMakefiles -remoteini="D:\Projects\HongShan_V" -skipdeploy -Manifest=D:\Projects\HongShan_V\Intermed
    iate\Build\Manifest.xml -NoHotReload -ignorejunk -log="C:\Users\FunImpress\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\C+Program+Files+Epic+Games+UE_4.21\UBT-HongShan_V-Win64-Development_2.txt"
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Using Visual Studio 2015 14.0 toolchain (C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC) and Windows 8.1 SDK (C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1).
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Parsing headers for HongShan_V
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Running UnrealHeaderTool "D:\Projects\HongShan_V\HongShan_V.uproject" "D:\Projects\HongShan_V\Intermediate\Build\Win64\HongShan_V\Development\HongShan_V.uhtmanifest" -LogCmds="loginit warning, logexit warning, logdatabase error" -Unattended -WarningsAsErrors -installed
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Reflection code generated for HongShan_V in 11.1964224 seconds
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Writing manifest to D:\Projects\HongShan_V\Intermediate\Build\Manifest.xml
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Building 3 actions with 8 processes...
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [1/3] SharedPCH.Core.cpp
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [2/3] HongShan_V.cpp
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [3/3] HongShan_V.exe
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): vpxmd.lib(vpx_src_vpx_codec.obj) : �ҵ� MSIL .netmodule ��ʹ�� /GL �����ģ�飻����ʹ�� /LTCG ����������ӣ��� /LTCG ��ӵ������������ԸĽ�����������
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): ���ڴ����� D:\Projects\HongShan_V\Binaries\Win64\HongShan_V.lib �Ͷ��� D:\Projects\HongShan_V\Binaries\Win64\HongShan_V.exp
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Module.StereoPanoramicPlayer.cpp.obj : error LNK2001: �޷��������ⲿ���� __libm_sse2_sincos_
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): D:\Projects\HongShan_V\Binaries\Win64\HongShan_V.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 ���޷��������ⲿ����
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): ERROR: UBT ERROR: Failed to produce item: D:\Projects\HongShan_V\Binaries\Win64\HongShan_V.exe
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): (see C:\Users\FunImpress\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\C+Program+Files+Epic+Games+UE_4.21\UBT-HongShan_V-Win64-Development_2.txt for full exception trace)
    PackagingResults: Error: UBT ERROR: Failed to produce item: D:\Projects\HongShan_V\Binaries\Win64\HongShan_V.exe
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Total build time: 41.51 seconds (Parallel executor: 0.00 seconds)
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Took 42.065024s to run UnrealBuildTool.exe, ExitCode=5
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): ERROR: UnrealBuildTool failed. See log for more details. (C:\Users\FunImpress\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\C+Program+Files+Epic+Games+UE_4.21\UBT-HongShan_V-Win64-Development_2.txt)
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): (see C:\Users\FunImpress\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\C+Program+Files+Epic+Games+UE_4.21\Log.txt for full exception trace)
    PackagingResults: Error: UnrealBuildTool failed. See log for more details. (C:\Users\FunImpress\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\C+Program+Files+Epic+Games+UE_4.21\UBT-HongShan_V-Win64-Development_2.txt)
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=5 (5)
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): BUILD FAILED
    PackagingResults: Error: Unknown Error
    Hi!

Plugins are all pre-compiled by Epic, it’s very strage there’s a link error. Have you changed some low-level project settings or are you building the Engine from sources?

Could you please provide the whole generated log files, including the ones referenced by the provided messages so that we can look at the issue? Looking at your provided log, the files should be:
    • "C:\Users\FunImpress\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\C+Program+Files+Epic+Games+UE_4.21\UBT-HongShan_V-Win64-Development.txt"
    • C:\Users\FunImpress\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\C+Program+Files+Epic+Games+UE_4.21\Log.txt
    • "C:\Users\FunImpress\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\C+Program+Files+Epic+Games+UE_4.21\UBT-HongShan_V-Win64-Development_2.txt"
    You can share them using a Private Message here in the forums or sending an email at support@unamedia.com (but it seems you didn't receive our reply to you email of yesterday, so maybe is better to use the PM option here). Please share files as attachments, to avoid loosing characters encoding. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi, since I used the plugin in my project, it can works well in editor and preview in the viewport mode, but I can package to win64exe success. What shoud I do to resolve the problem?
    There is the log:
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Running AutomationTool...
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Parsing command line: -ScriptsForProject=D:/Projects/HongShan_V/HongShan_V.uproject BuildCookRun -nocompile -nocompileeditor -installed -nop4 -project=D:/Projects/HongShan_V/HongShan_V.uproject -cook -stage -archive -archivedirectory=D:/Package/HongShan_V -package -clientconfig=Development -ue4exe=UE4Editor-Cmd.exe -c
    lean -pak -prereqs -nodebuginfo -targetplatform=Win64 -build -utf8output
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Setting up ProjectParams for D:\Projects\HongShan_V\HongShan_V.uproject
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): ********** BUILD COMMAND STARTED **********
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Running: C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.21\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\UnrealBuildTool.exe HongShan_V Win64 Development -Project=D:\Projects\HongShan_V\HongShan_V.uproject -clean D:\Projects\HongShan_V\HongShan_V.uproject -NoUBTMakefiles -remoteini="D:\Projects\HongShan_V" -skipdeploy -nobuilduht -NoHotReload -log="C:\U
    sers\FunImpress\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\C+Program+Files+Epic+Games+UE_4.21\UBT-HongShan_V-Win64-Development.txt"
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Took 2.5168015s to run UnrealBuildTool.exe, ExitCode=0
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Running: C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.21\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\UnrealBuildTool.exe HongShan_V Win64 Development -Project=D:\Projects\HongShan_V\HongShan_V.uproject D:\Projects\HongShan_V\HongShan_V.uproject -NoUBTMakefiles -remoteini="D:\Projects\HongShan_V" -skipdeploy -Manifest=D:\Projects\HongShan_V\Intermed
    iate\Build\Manifest.xml -NoHotReload -ignorejunk -log="C:\Users\FunImpress\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\C+Program+Files+Epic+Games+UE_4.21\UBT-HongShan_V-Win64-Development_2.txt"
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Using Visual Studio 2015 14.0 toolchain (C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC) and Windows 8.1 SDK (C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1).
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Parsing headers for HongShan_V
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Running UnrealHeaderTool "D:\Projects\HongShan_V\HongShan_V.uproject" "D:\Projects\HongShan_V\Intermediate\Build\Win64\HongShan_V\Development\HongShan_V.uhtmanifest" -LogCmds="loginit warning, logexit warning, logdatabase error" -Unattended -WarningsAsErrors -installed
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Reflection code generated for HongShan_V in 11.1964224 seconds
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Writing manifest to D:\Projects\HongShan_V\Intermediate\Build\Manifest.xml
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Building 3 actions with 8 processes...
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [1/3] SharedPCH.Core.cpp
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [2/3] HongShan_V.cpp
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): [3/3] HongShan_V.exe
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): vpxmd.lib(vpx_src_vpx_codec.obj) : �ҵ� MSIL .netmodule ��ʹ�� /GL �����ģ�飻����ʹ�� /LTCG ����������ӣ��� /LTCG ��ӵ������������ԸĽ�����������
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): ���ڴ����� D:\Projects\HongShan_V\Binaries\Win64\HongShan_V.lib �Ͷ��� D:\Projects\HongShan_V\Binaries\Win64\HongShan_V.exp
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Module.StereoPanoramicPlayer.cpp.obj : error LNK2001: �޷��������ⲿ���� __libm_sse2_sincos_
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): D:\Projects\HongShan_V\Binaries\Win64\HongShan_V.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 ���޷��������ⲿ����
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): ERROR: UBT ERROR: Failed to produce item: D:\Projects\HongShan_V\Binaries\Win64\HongShan_V.exe
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): (see C:\Users\FunImpress\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\C+Program+Files+Epic+Games+UE_4.21\UBT-HongShan_V-Win64-Development_2.txt for full exception trace)
    PackagingResults: Error: UBT ERROR: Failed to produce item: D:\Projects\HongShan_V\Binaries\Win64\HongShan_V.exe
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Total build time: 41.51 seconds (Parallel executor: 0.00 seconds)
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Took 42.065024s to run UnrealBuildTool.exe, ExitCode=5
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): ERROR: UnrealBuildTool failed. See log for more details. (C:\Users\FunImpress\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\C+Program+Files+Epic+Games+UE_4.21\UBT-HongShan_V-Win64-Development_2.txt)
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): (see C:\Users\FunImpress\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\C+Program+Files+Epic+Games+UE_4.21\Log.txt for full exception trace)
    PackagingResults: Error: UnrealBuildTool failed. See log for more details. (C:\Users\FunImpress\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\C+Program+Files+Epic+Games+UE_4.21\UBT-HongShan_V-Win64-Development_2.txt)
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=5 (5)
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): BUILD FAILED
    PackagingResults: Error: Unknown Error

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi everyone! The update for UE4.24 has been submitted to Epic for review. It should be available in few days.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Jonathan Arnold View Post
    Hello again, when when I use the panoramic director in the engine, everything runs smoothly. When I package the game, the panos wont load, please help? Thanks
    Hi! I suspect it could be something related the the cooking process. The plugin manages panoramic images and videos as ordinary assets. Please look through all the cooking logs searching for Warnings, checking also that all your panoramic assets are actually packaged (e.g. videos must be saved in a specific directory). If everything seems ok, double check also all the requirements for the panoramic assets: https://www.unamedia.com/ue4-stereo-...ia_layout.html . Depending on the target platform, other constraints could apply.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello again, when when I use the panoramic director in the engine, everything runs smoothly. When I package the game, the panos wont load, please help? Thanks

Leave a comment:

Working...
X