Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stereo Panoramic Player

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46
    Hi! Epic has been super-efficient, and the update is already available!

    To upgrade: open the Epic Games Launcher > Unreal Engine > Library, under the UE4.24 launch icon you should see an exclamation mark near the "Installed Plugins" label (if not, restart the Launcher). Click the label, then the Update button near the Stereo Panoramic Plugin icon.

    Version 1.1.0 changes (UE4.24-only):The new Opaque rendering mode is very helpful if you want to show 3D meshes inside the panoramic sphere (here more details), or if you don't have any surrounding 3D scene and want maximum performances (e.g. on Mobile platforms). If you need to support generic surrounding 3D scenes, then you should continue using the standard rendering mode.

    We added detailed documentation on How to render 3D objects inside the Panoramic Sphere when using the standard rendering mode.

    We added detailed documentation on How to manage custom interactive UMG widgets.

    We hope this update will help with your work.
    Mixamo Animation Retargeting - Stereo Panoramic Player

    Comment


      #47
      Hi, I am testing with UE 4.24. Everything works so far, but not the TracePanoramicWidget BP node.
      I setup everything like described in the HowTo: https://www.unamedia.com/ue4-stereo-...custIntWidgets
      Then, from the TracePanoramicWidget node output I put a branch and connected it to the return value, but I never get the True condition, it's always False.
      I am using also the PanoramicPawn.

      Comment


        #48
        Originally posted by heimspiel View Post
        Hi, I am testing with UE 4.24. Everything works so far, but not the TracePanoramicWidget BP node.
        I setup everything like described in the HowTo: https://www.unamedia.com/ue4-stereo-...custIntWidgets
        Then, from the TracePanoramicWidget node output I put a branch and connected it to the return value, but I never get the True condition, it's always False.
        I am using also the PanoramicPawn.
        Hi! Sometime the problem is with the "WorldDir" param. Just to verify you're passing the right value, print on screen the input vector attached to "WorldDir", to check it's effectively pointing where you're looking at (e.g. that it changes value while you're looking around). Depending on how you setup your project, you could need to pass the PlayerPawn's actor rotation (GetAxctorRotation method) or its control rotation (as shown in the HowTo).

        Let me know if this helps fixing your problem.
        Mixamo Animation Retargeting - Stereo Panoramic Player

        Comment


          #49
          Hi,
          did not get it to work. If I print string from foward vector of getControlRotaion the coords change if I rotate, but like I said the trace never returned true.The getActorRotation seems to be dead, no coord changes when rotating.

          Here is the project:
          https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iPq...ew?usp=sharing
          The setup is in level blueprint
          Last edited by heimspiel; 04-05-2020, 11:35 AM.

          Comment


            #50
            Originally posted by heimspiel View Post
            Hi,
            did not get it to work. If I print string from foward vector of getControlRotaion the coords change if I rotate, but like I said the trace never returned true.The getActorRotation seems to be dead, no coord changes when rotating.

            Here is the project:
            https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iPq...ew?usp=sharing
            The setup is in level blueprint
            Unfortunately it seems there's something wrong on our side, we'll look at it in the next days. Sorry. In the mean time here's a workaround (tested with your project) based on LineTraceForObjects(): https://blueprintue.com/blueprint/z9ao367d/
            Please note that you must set the "IgnoreSelf" parameter to false. Depending on your final setup, you could need to use MultiLineTraceForObjects().

            Click image for larger version

Name:	image_187857.png
Views:	133
Size:	146.0 KB
ID:	1741840
            Last edited by UNAmedia; 04-05-2020, 12:48 PM.
            Mixamo Animation Retargeting - Stereo Panoramic Player

            Comment


              #51
              Hi again.

              I have also some other questions.

              1. How can I show a crosshair? I used the panoramic pawn and the panoramic director but there is no crosshair shown.

              2. Is it possible to show infopoints out of the box with panoramic director?

              3. I am developing for android (pico g2 4k device) but the movie is very pixelated on the device. in windows preview everything is normal. also on the vr headset the video is not pixaleted if I view over a normal player app. What can I do show the video normal on the pico through the panoramic player?

              Comment


                #52
                Hi! Replies inline below.

                Originally posted by heimspiel View Post
                1. How can I show a crosshair? I used the panoramic pawn and the panoramic director but there is no crosshair shown.
                You can use the standard HUD of UE4. Here you can find the source code of a demo using the plugin, where a crosshair is implemented (file Blueprints/SimpleHUD). Your custom HUD class must then be set in your Game Mode.

                Originally posted by heimspiel View Post
                2. Is it possible to show infopoints out of the box with panoramic director?
                At the moment, the only option to add custom Widgets that the user can interact with, is following the same approach we discussed in the previous messages (i.e. manually creating the UPanoramicWidgetComponents and querying for them at run-time). But, right now we are working on a new version of the plugin that will add just this option to the Director. The new version will support adding custom Widgets directly to the Panoramic Stage of the Director, each with customizable actions. Some of the pre-made widgets/actions available out-of-the-box will include: a movie player, an image viewer, support for audio playbacks, etc. I don't have an ETA for its release at the moment.

                Originally posted by heimspiel View Post
                3. I am developing for android (pico g2 4k device) but the movie is very pixelated on the device. in windows preview everything is normal. also on the vr headset the video is not pixaleted if I view over a normal player app. What can I do show the video normal on the pico through the panoramic player?
                The plugin doesn't change the assets or textures it's using, it uses the textures and assets as "provided" by UE4. So I suspect that in your device, UE4 reduces the size of the target textures (or decodes the video at a lower resolution). A simple test would be to render the Media Texture used with the plugin directly to a simple big plane in your scene, you'll see the same artifacts (of course inside a 360 sphere the artifacts could be more evident). On some configurations, UE4 forces the textures to be square and Power-Of-Two, this could reduce a lot the effective surface area available for the image/video. Usually this is logged during the Cooking process.
                Mixamo Animation Retargeting - Stereo Panoramic Player

                Comment


                  #53
                  Hi everyone! We just submitted the version for UE4.25, it should be reviewed by Epic in few days.
                  Mixamo Animation Retargeting - Stereo Panoramic Player

                  Comment


                    #54
                    I am not a developer and have to use freelancers to complete much of the work I do so forgive me for basic questions. The page on the marketplace says that it can record 360 images. I want to make a 360 video of different scenes. I have done this before with my animation software but not with unreal engine but I want to use Unreal Engine.

                    Can your plugin record a series of images that can be put together in a 360 video? If so I am not sure I have a big enough video card to make it work. Do you have any recommendation or a place I can rent a virtual machine that has a good graphics card?

                    Lastly do you have a list of people that use your plugin that I can pay as a freelancer to help me with this? Thanks

                    Comment


                      #55
                      Originally posted by Airwaves View Post
                      I am not a developer and have to use freelancers to complete much of the work I do so forgive me for basic questions. The page on the marketplace says that it can record 360 images. I want to make a 360 video of different scenes. I have done this before with my animation software but not with unreal engine but I want to use Unreal Engine.

                      Can your plugin record a series of images that can be put together in a 360 video? If so I am not sure I have a big enough video card to make it work. Do you have any recommendation or a place I can rent a virtual machine that has a good graphics card?

                      Lastly do you have a list of people that use your plugin that I can pay as a freelancer to help me with this? Thanks
                      Hi! I'm sorry for the misunderstanding, but the plugin does not record any video or image. The word "rendering" was intended "on screen", in a real-time context. We'll change it to avoid any confusion.

                      Anyway, to record 360 videos, you can try few possible solutions already included in UE4: the Panoramic Capture Tool (that seems to be the preferred option) or the NVIDIA Ansel Plugin.
                      Mixamo Animation Retargeting - Stereo Panoramic Player

                      Comment


                        #56
                        Originally posted by UNAmedia View Post
                        Hi everyone! We just submitted the version for UE4.25, it should be reviewed by Epic in few days.
                        Is it ready to use in the current version (4.25.1)?
                        Greetings.

                        Comment


                          #57
                          Originally posted by Helghast View Post

                          Is it ready to use in the current version (4.25.1)?
                          Greetings.
                          Hi! Yes, the version currently available on the marketplace can be used with UE4.25.1.
                          Mixamo Animation Retargeting - Stereo Panoramic Player

                          Comment


                            #58
                            Hi! For those affected by the build error:

                            PackagingResults: Error: Expecting to find a type to be declared in a module rules named 'StereoPanoramicPlayer' in UE4Rules, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null. This type must derive from the 'ModuleRules' type defined by Unreal Build Tool.

                            This is a known regression issue of UE4.25.2 (UE-95865). You can read more about it (and possible workarounds) at the following links:It seems Epic is already working to release a new hotfix soon to address this issue.

                            If you're working with the UE4 source code (or you can re-compile the UnrealBuildTool), here is the official fix: https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealE...068c09687f0974
                            Mixamo Animation Retargeting - Stereo Panoramic Player

                            Comment


                              #59
                              Hi,
                              I have an issue with 4.25 version of the plugin,and btw this issue is not related to the latest 4.25.2 update which I have fixed that issue already, I was getting this error on previous 2.25 builds as well.
                              My project is c++ project but I haven't add any c++ yet and for now project is blueprint only, the error that I'm getting in editor preview and also in win 64 build is:
                              Assertion failed: NextStage.IsValid() .
                              when I want to go to the next stage,(I'm using videos not images for the experience) the editor or the build crashes and this error shows up in the log .
                              4.24 works fine so I had to restart all the work in 4.24.
                              Btw, I'm using my custom avatar which is the default pawn for my VR pawn however in 4.24 default pawn works fine.
                              Any help would be appreciated,
                              thanks.

                              Comment


                                #60
                                Originally posted by CyrusBon View Post
                                Hi,
                                I have an issue with 4.25 version of the plugin,and btw this issue is not related to the latest 4.25.2 update which I have fixed that issue already, I was getting this error on previous 2.25 builds as well.
                                My project is c++ project but I haven't add any c++ yet and for now project is blueprint only, the error that I'm getting in editor preview and also in win 64 build is:
                                Assertion failed: NextStage.IsValid() .
                                when I want to go to the next stage,(I'm using videos not images for the experience) the editor or the build crashes and this error shows up in the log .
                                4.24 works fine so I had to restart all the work in 4.24.
                                Btw, I'm using my custom avatar which is the default pawn for my VR pawn however in 4.24 default pawn works fine.
                                Any help would be appreciated,
                                thanks.
                                We analyzed the code and found a possible issue with UE4.25 when the fade-out effect ends before the asynchronous loading of the next stage completes. It seemsUE4.25 slightly changed how asynchronous loading is managed (and when the completion callback is called). Sending the fix to the Marketplace will likely need few weeks to be approved by Epic. For a quick workaround you have two options:
                                • try setting a bigger value for the "Fade Duration" setting in the Panoramic Director (it could work, but it could be a not reliable solution); or
                                • embed the source code of the plugin in your project and fix it manually:
                                  • copy the plugin from "UE4_ROOT/Engine/Plugins/Marketplace/StereoPlanoramicPlayer" to "PROJECT_ROOT/Plugins/StereoPlanoramicPlayer";
                                  • (it should not be required, but in case of ambiguities uninstall the Marketplace plugin from the Launcher)
                                  • in the file "PROJECT_ROOT/Plugins/StereoPanoramicPlayer/Source/StereoPanoramicPlayer/Private/PanoramicDirector.cpp", search for the method APanoramicDirector::OnStageLoaded() (line 411) and comment all its content (they're only checks we made to catch possible issues [like the one reported by you ]).
                                  • (it should not be required, but if the problem persists try deleting the directory "PROJECT_ROOT/Plugins/StereoPanoramicPlayer/Binaries" to force the local plugin to re-compile with your fix applied)
                                I'm sorry for the bug you found. Let me know if the above steps solve your issue with UE4.25.
                                Mixamo Animation Retargeting - Stereo Panoramic Player

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X